Esenboga Airport Hotel
Deeps Hostel(Ankara)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$20
Hostelworld.com
Ankara Plaza Hotel(Ankara)(Great Value!)
US$40
TripAdvisor
US$271
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This 5 star hotel would only receive a maximum of 2 stars if it was part of a major chain.
The room are not comfortable, the sockets are defective and some do not work at all. The AC blew warm air, the TV remote control did not work.
The restaurant propose very average food when Turkey has so much to offer.
The staff in the restaurant would not speak a single word of English.
Finally at reception the printer would not print any invoice, they had to photocopy the carbon paper to hand something to the customer. The employee did not believe me when I told him nothing was printed on my copy , i proposed him to photocopy it but he insisted on repeating the operation, handed me for the 2nd time a blank copy that he revised in front of me before handing it to me blank: i raised again my concern and he then made a photocopy but insisted that I took the blank original with me. This is very poor compared with my successful past experience in different places in Turkey. I will obviously not use this hotel again and will do the extra miles to go to Ankara.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Nice hotel - great food in hotel restaurant (and amazing value for money). Nice rooms - and very very helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Our flight arrived at the Ankara almost at Midnight so I had made a reservation at the closest hotel, which was indeed easy to find with our rental car and only 5 minutes from the airport. We were planning to just dash to downtown the next day for hours at the incredible Museum of Anatolian Civiizations, and then leave to see Hattusas. I burst out laughing when I entered: a central atrium of about 8 floors all exceedingly over decorated, Baroque, but actually charming in its own way. The rooms we were shown were large. clean and nicely decorated, but every one, even on the non-smoking floor, reeked of cigarettes. We got used to it and actually enjoyed our stay. The breakfast buffet, included, was huge, varied and perfect, with three different kinds of coffee machines (you could get mocha, cappuchino, hot chocolate, espresso etc). Great food. Nice English speaking personnel. They seem to have two email addresses, and don't answer right away, with some emails coming back undeliverable. I am guessing that you need to send emails during their business hours, not ours. Since I made reservations myself, I only paid 70E, so if you can stand cigarette smell, it is worth it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2009

...and not much else. My room was a very large corner room with a balcony. The balcony door would not shut properly. I have to say that this was one of the dirtiest rooms I have ever stayed in. I slept in my clothes. Fortunately I only had to stay one brief night. I didn't sample the restaurant (service finished by the time I arrived) or breakfast (service not started by the time I left). No recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2009

This allegedly five-star hotel is anything but. It's hilariously over-decorated--gilt, fake flowers, stained glass glowing in the dark corridors. The lobby and restaurants are vast but empty, at least when we were there. (We shared the hotel with about three other couples and a Japanese tour group.) The rooms are large enough, but glaringly lighted and sparsely furnished with worn, scratched and dented tables and chairs. The tub too is worn and almost two narrow to sit in; the cold water in our bathroom did not run in a stream but sputtered; the tub took forever to fill with hot water because the pressure (on floor 1) was so low. The wireless does not work in the rooms. The worst was the food: the dinner buffet was nearly inedible--a choice of pre-packaged or sawdust-dry bread, steam over-cooked meat and vegetables, undistinguished salads, petrified-looking desserts--and some of the food reappeared at the dismal breakfast the next morning. For all this fun we paid more than we did for any of the charming, comfortable places we stayied at in Istanbul, Sirence, Konya and Cappadocia. Oh, and the staff at this "airport" hotel serving a major world capital speak next to no English, German or French. Like all Turks we met, they are marvelously friendly, but niceness isn't enough when you need to know how to return a rental car. I don't know what the other options are at Esenboga, but don't stay here!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple