“Good Food, Decent Atmosphere and High Prices”
Review of Dafne Restaurant

Dafne Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 3,391 Restaurants in Ankara
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I would recomend for people to go both in summer and winter. In the summer you sit under the trees next to a pool. In the winter you sit in the second floor of an old Ankara house. The food is very good and mostly it is from Antakya region. Do not go without a reservation.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We only spoke English but they worked with us. Menu had pictures and many options. They gave a complimentary fruit desert also.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

First of all, I should say that I've had the opportunity to eat in Antakya many many times and thus, have a vast knowledge of the local cuisine. Now, we initially ordered a meze platter (8 types of meze) and I'm afraid none was good. Then, we had kibbeh bi's-siniyyeh (minced meat inside bulgur), which was very dry with no or very little spices or walnuts inside, another disappointment. After that came the biberli ekmek (you can imagine that as a thin pizza with red pepper salsa and spices) which was not a biberli ekmek at all. They had put some tasteless tomato and thyme on it which makes it something else. Anyway, for the main course, I ordered lahm bi's-siniyyeh, spicy flat minced meat, which was average, not bad.

The atmosphere is quite nice. The building and the garden are both lovely. However, it is the food that matters and I will certainly not visit this restaurant again I'm afraid.

3  Thank BaranTrk
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Wonderful garden! So romantic! We loved the snacks nad "Karides Guvec" (Shrimps). But make sure there is no wedding celebration at the day...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I give this restaurant 5 STARS, for some reason it wouldn't let me rate it as a 5. In 2006 my husband and I married in Ankara, Dafne Restaurant offered us a 5 star meal on our wedding night. It was a beautiful and delicious meal. We were treated so special and we appreciate your hospitality so very much. Thank you to the staff of Dafne Restaurant and one day we will return for an anniversary supper...it was romantic.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook