“Perfect stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patara
The Hotel Patara Viewpoint
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Patara
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at the Viewpoint for 11 nights in September on our first trip to Turkey. What a delightful holiday we've had. The quiet and unpretentious hotel is not something that we have been familiar with but were delighted to have come. We found the whole place with its wonderful laid back atmosphere excellent. The owners Anne Louise and Muzaffer were excellent hosts and Ibrahim and Zeinab were excellent staff. The place was very clean and comfortable. The were some wonderful excursions which we enjoyed and Muzaffer's knowledge of the area is very good. We also enjoyed the Turkish evening at the hotel. Thank you and well done to Muzaffer and Anne Louise who have both created a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andromeda W

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at The Hotel Patara Viewpoint from September 6th-13th 2013. The hotel was slightly different from what we are normally used to but was highly recommended to us so we gave it a try.
It was outstanding, spotlessly clean, friendly and comfortable. Both Anne Louise and Mufazzer were excellent hotel 'hosts' and I particularly enjoyed Mufazzer's dry but witty sense of humour, his knowledge of the surrounding area was limitless and very interesting. He was polite and approachable every time we saw him.
The room we stayed in was described as a family room but was pretty small but apart from that this hotel is faultless.
Well done Mufazzer and Anne Louise you really got this right.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matron007
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was my second visit to the Patara Viewpoint. My last visit 8 years prior had been a very pleasant stay. I had only met Anna-Louise,one of the Hotel Managers on the previous occasion who I found to be warm, friendly, kind & helpful, as she was again on our most recent visit.
Ibrahim, who ran the pool bar & restaurant was also incredibly kind & helpful & could not do enough to make our stay very welcoming.
The Hotel was charming & comfortable as I had remembered it. The food was delicious & it was a fantastic location near interesting ruins & beautiful Patara Beach which we loved.
The biggest disappointment for us however was the unbelievably shocking rudeness of the other owner Muzzafer! Think Basil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers but not as funny! We had initially been told on email before we arrived that we must pay for the booking in cash Stirling when we arrived. When I questioned this and said I would prefer to pay by credit card the response I got was 'our guests normally pay cash. You can cancel the booking if you like?'. That should have been the first warning of what we had ahead! On our second day I asked Muzzafer if he would mind booking a restaurant in nearby Kalkan for dinner the following evening as it had been recommended to us & knew it was very popular. His response was 'find me the number & write it down'. When I searched through their Lonely Planet in reception and wrote the number down with clear details for the booking, he shoved the paper back in my hand and said that he had too many pieces of paper messing up the reception and to give him the number the following day. When I said I would prefer for him to call that day, he just grunted at me & said 'Tomorrow!' I ended up calling the restaurant myself from my UK mobile! The next incident was when we were sitting on the ottoman terrace one evening having a nightcap before bed. We had to go & tell him what we wanted and when one of the guests asked for another drink he abruptly said 'No!' and then proceeded to turn the lights off on the terrace and left us sitting there in pitch blackness!
The final straw was on our last day when Anna-Louise had kindly offered to drop us at the bus-stop with our bags, she explained that she had to take some other guests elsewhere so Muzzafer would be taking us instead. We agreed a time with him which would allow us enough time to meet the bus in time. We decided to come down with our bags half an hour earlier so that we could have a quick coffee before we left. As we came down the stairs with our heavy luggage he watched me struggle with my heavy suitcase down the stairs and did not even offer to help me! He just stood at the bottom of the stairs and waved his hands at us and demanded that we leave immediately as he had things to do & we either made our own way or hurried up! On the way to the bus stop he mumbled that he wasn't a taxi driver & tried to make us feel guilty for being offered a lift!?
I have to say if it wasn't for Muzzafer I would give this hotel 10 out of 10! Anna-Louise is lovely & couldn't be more helpful, the other staff are really lovely too & the hotel itself is fabulous but I could not tolerate rudeness like that again. We have travelled extensively around the world from budget to 5 star hotels and have never been treated with such abruptness. A lot of the other guests also mentioned how rude he had been to them and were less than happy about it. It's a fabulous place which I would highly recommend if it wasn't let down so badly by his rudeness!

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank HayleyLau
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we stated in a lovely apartment and we felt as we got away from the busy world eventually. We were look after very well and it seemed as we were visiting our old friends. Very relaxing, very welcoming. Anne-Louisa and Musaffa are defiantly talented hoteliers and phenomenal hosts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irina K
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a great week in May at the Patara Viewpoint, such a lovely location and the owners and staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly - as was Zilli the dog! Would definitely recommend it - great local food, beach is beautiful and the people are so friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just got back from a 2 week stay in Patara with my husband and 15 year old daughter. The first week was spent in this friendly and relaxing, homely hotel. Anne-Louisa and Musaffa run a very tight ship, nothing is too much trouble. They organise everything from airport transfers, transport to the beach and wonderful day trips such as boat trips to Kekova, canoeing and regular runs into nearby Kalkan. The BBQ and Turkish nights at the hotel are also worth staying in for. The staff at the hotel, in particular Ibrahim and Zeinab, are very helpful and friendly.
Patara itself may not be the most picturesque village but it has a certain charm and it offers a very good choice of reasonably priced restaurants and bars. The locals are very friendly and welcoming.
Our second week was spent in a beautiful apartment in Patara which is also owned by Anne-Louise and Musaffa. This was our second visit to Patara and we are already planning our return.
Thanks again Anne-Louise, Musaffa, Ibrahim and Zilli. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future. We had a fabulous holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanzeno0
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The only reason I hesitate in giving a great review is that I want to make sure Patara Viewpoint has availability for next year! Myself, wife, daughter 14 and son 13 spent 2 weeks as 'guests' at The Patara Viewpoint and it was one of the best holidays we have ever had. It's not 5 star and commercial, but it is personal, welcoming and we felt almost guilty in watching Musaffa, Ann-Louise and Ibrahim (Ibo) work so hard to make the holiday a very special memory for my family. Some reviews I notice mention Musaffa as rude or abrupt but if you take the time to get to know the man, learn from his local knowledge and genuine kindness then you will take something away from your holiday of great value. Maybe people feel he is abrupt because he has rules to make the hotel nice for every guest, but we were glad of this. Someone has to be in charge.
Anne Louise makes her job look very easy and is there for any assistance you may need during your stay. Nothing is too much effort for her guests and even did some shopping for us on one of the days because we could not find what we were looking for.
Ibo runs the bar and restaurant area like a dream and after a few days somehow knows when you want a beer, how icy you want your water and where you like to sit. If he did early morning spear fishing trips then he would be perfect! (hey pinocchio!).
And what can we say about Zilli? How many holidays can you have where you even get a dog for the day to make you feel at home!? (I will be sending you an invoice Ann-Louise for the drinks and food that we showered upon your pampered pooch!).
I would also like to say if you read a review that then recommends a competitor of the Viewpoint beware! Some underhand tactics by the so called competition. This review is on Patara Views own merits and there are too many to mention. Thank you Patara Viewpoint, see you next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family