“Pokey rooms, nice breakfast”
Review of Asmin Hotel

Asmin Hotel
Ranked #20 of 98 Hotels in Bodrum City
London, United Kingdom
“Pokey rooms, nice breakfast”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a very mediocre 3 star hotel. The rooms are tiny. The bathrooms minuscule, the showers are so small if you have a waist of more than 34 cm soap yourself liberally before attempting to get in as you might get stuck. Breakfast was very good, and the a/c was effective, so not all bad. The staff were friendly, if a bit sad.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I had the pleasure to stay at the Asim Hotel before my day trip to Kos in July. I can only confirm what has already been said about this lovely little hotel. The compact room was amazing and all the facillities you would expect and more in a five star hotel. I was a solo traveller and I felt safe and secure and found the management and staff very attentive. Even though my stay was for just one night I experienced the most amazing Turkish hospitality. I sincerely hope I will be able to visit the hotel again the next time I am in the wonderful town of Bodrum.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Vouliagmeni, Greece
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I traveled at the end of July 2012 with my girlfriend and we stayed in a double room in this decent hotel which I would name as BOUTIQUE HOTEL.
The hotel is so clean and everything is in order. The personnel is very polite and helpful, doing the best to serve their guests.
The room was quite small, but it did not really bother us for a short stay. The only thing that might be a problem for the Europeans, is the shower, which was fix on the wall. I believe that most Europeans are used in showers (or even better bathtubs) with shower cable for comfort.
Although the hotel is quite small, the breakfast was very good, offering local specialties and some of the standard choices.
The swimming pool was immaculately clean and we enjoyed so much swimming there.
The room was in a perfect condition, with modern furniture and all a modern hotel could provide (flat TV, Mini Bar, Telephone, Internet, Hairdryer, Amenities, Safe Box). The air conditioning was very effective, even though the temperature was very high.
Everything seemed to work in order, the management and staff were all pleasant and the total stay was enjoyable. The hotel is in a quiet location, in the center of Bodrum, only 3 minutes on foot. It is not the easiest, but not the hardest thing to locate it for the first time, but after this, no problem!
As for Bodrum, it is a vivid city, offering a great variety of activities, cultural and monument visits, great shopping (big market of fake brands, but a nice market with original brands as well). Do not miss a walk to the marina, make sure to visit the castle and have a promenade at the market, visiting a bar or restaurant facing the sea/beach of Bodrum.
Hotel and Bodrum are both highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms at the first floor can be more quiet, as ground floor rooms have direct access to the swimming...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The approach to this hidden hotel down a tiny pedestrian walkway immediately sets the scene. The hotel is only a couple of minutes from the waterfront, all flat walking so position couldn't be better. We arrived with an extra person and the rooms were adjusted without problem and for very reasonable rates. The rooms are small but very modern with excellent facilities.
The hotel manager with his lilting Irish/Turkish accent is so helpful and pleasant. We were attempting to reach Datca by a particular date and the ferries had been unexpectedly cancelled but he investigated other possibilities for us and then made sure we were safely on the right bus to make it in time.
I would certainly stay here again and warmly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Josephine S
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2012

II decided last minute just to get away.so I went to the closest airport (Schipol in Amsterdam) and said send me some place warm and safe...they said Bodrum, Turkey! Sounds good, I said...I will need a hotel..went to trip advisor for advice and used booking.com...the write ups for Asmin Hotel seemed good, so I took a chance and book this hotel. I AM SO HAPPY I DID! This hotel is clean, warm, friendly and mellow...the staff is great, and Volkan, the Hotel Manager is a star! He comes from the cruise industry (as do I) and was a Hotel Manager in Ireland..and it shows in his hospitality and how he has train his staff. The location is idea...you are just off the main street, like a secret hideaway..so once you have had enough, shopping, eating, drinking, boating & beaching..you come home to this wonderful paradise and just relax by their pool in a lovely calm enviroment. I will come stay here again, and again...and even though I have 2 more days left..I already am sorry to leave, but so happy to have found this place to come back too...one day.

Room Tip: The rooms are all great.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Floridanancy
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This hotel lived up to all the reviews I had read about it!! The staff were amazing...so friendly and helpful. We stayed two nights then left to go to Datca then came back for another 2 nights. They seemed genuinely pleased to see us upon our return and we were very happy to be back. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the pool area is very nice. They have a great turkish style breakfast with plenty of choice which always included a couple of hot dishes. The rooms are tastefully decorated but are quite small, as is the bathroom..this didn't worry us but you need to be aware of it. The location is great. It is down an alley way so cars cannot be driven to the front door. But their fabulous staff will come and help you with your luggage as soon as they know you are arriving. However if you have a car they do offer a car park free of charge and it is around the corner and supervised. We liked that it was down an alley, it was within walking distance of the town, the marina and the castle, but never noisy at night. If we ever came back to Turkey (Bodrum) we would only ever want to stay at Asmin Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelabit_NZ
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed at the Asmin Hotel in May and we were continually amazed at the superb customer service and perfect location of the hotel. The hotel was beautifully clean and modern, and the breakfast was great too. The most outstanding part of the Asmin Hotel was the service. Volkan and the staff extended themselves above and beyond to help guests in every way possible, whether it was helping plan day trips, assisting in travel arraignments or recommending a restaurant. Combined with a charming, comfortable room, the hospitality offered made our four nights in Bodrum one of the highlights of our vacation. Everything was outstanding from the moment we arrived until we left.

If you are in Bodrum, you don't want to stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family