“Great atmospheric beach, great bathing”
Review of Camel Beach

Camel Beach
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you like sunbathing, swimming and camels - this is the beach for you. Best go to the western end with the T shaped pier, very pleasant restaurant/café there - reasonably priced. Best bathing of the entire holiday. Plenty of shaded sunbeds, with waiter service if wanted

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went to camel beach as part of a boat trip. I was really looking forward to riding a camel, again as I had rode one in egypt before. But as soon as I saw the camels here I changed my mind... they were skinny, miserable and tired. They are forced to sit down and have their front legs tied up with rope to stop them standing up while tourists climb on. They are treated very badly by the people that run this, and dont seem to get a break at sll. All day every day they are forced to walk up and down the beach, its no life at all.

And then theres the donkeys.... they have a tiny baby donkey tied to a pole with a bit of rope no more than a metre or so long. In the boiling heat, with no water (lots of people started complaining so they eventually put a small bowl of water out) and right next to one of those loud boxing machines where you punch the ball as hard as you can... every time someone hit it this poor little donkey jumped out of its skin, it looked so stressed it was shaking. Its mum was tied up to another pole a few metres away. I think it cost 1 lira to sit on a donkey and have a photo...

We couldnt stay after seeing all this, it actually made me cry! We went back to the boat early and waited there, along with loads of other people who thought the same.

Its really sad that stuff like this is allowed to happen in this day and age, I really wish there was something I could do to stop these disgusting people. Please please dont visit or give them any money or encouragment to continue this............ :(

7  Thank Carla F
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Did this as part of our cruise with thompson. Only a few camels to ride on, and don't get far for what you pay. Plenty of sunbeds and great views. Just not much to do.

1  Thank SophieV1993
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I think the name says it all.. Camel Beach.
You can catch rides on Camels, buy local merchandise from the kiosks, or take a dip in the sea. The shore wasn't thrilling, the water looked green because of the dark sand and seaweed.

2  Thank Hananjal
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped here as part of a boat trip we were on during our holiday. At first I was really looking forward to riding a camel as I thought it would be a once in a life time experience. When we got there I swiftly changed my mind, the camels looked dead as we walked up there obviously hot and tired, we watched a woman have a ride and the camel clearly did not want to get up or down. I decided I didn't want a ride to pay 10lira or to make the camel get up again!
The beach was nice and drinks and ice cream were chea. We snorkled in the sea and saw quite a few fish.
So overall good beach but don't bother going there if it's just for the camels or you will be disappointed!

2  Thank holidayingcouple3