“breathtaking view!”

Ranked #5 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Amman, Jordan
“breathtaking view!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

a very unique boutique hotel. Sitting on top of a hill with a great view of Bodrum, the bay and the old castle. my wife and i went there for a wedding and stayed at one of the corner suites they have. The view from the room was also amazing and was great to wake up to every day. Since the hotel is on a hill, there is no direct beach access, the hotel dose however provide a free shuttle service to its own beach. Location wise you are far enough to have a quiet nights sleep, away from the city noise, but not too far in that you can be down town by taxi in less than 15 minutes (taxis there are expensive however). The food is good and excellent service, a very nice pool with a view and a gym available as well. Worth going for a small romantic getaway. We will for sure be back!

Room Tip: for sure ask for a sea view, the corner suites are the best room 1437 is amazing, what a view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kmiqdadi
oislam, Hotel Manager at The Marmara, Bodrum, responded to this review, 2 August 2013

Onur Islam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Damascus, Syria
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We just stayed at one of our finest hotels in 2013!!

Why?

#1 The view, the view, the view!! From our room, from the pool, from the restaurant, from the gardens almost everywhere.

#2 The Breakfast buffet. Really, really nice, not super big but all foods were presented in a appealing and efficient manor. Try the hard boiled eggs, either 3 minute or 5 minute..the darkest yoke color we have ever seen!! The cheese selection is outstanding even having a plate of "Diet" Cheeses...Mr. Nimo meets you and seats all guest. Very nice person and very observant plus gives you the latest newspaper each morning!! Finally, the service of each waiter and waitress for the breakfast was outstanding.

#3 The Reception Desk, really went out of their way to satisfy each and ever need, no matter how small our request.

#4 The Restaurant...we have two lunches and both were great, with top service.

#5 The taxi stand is just outside the hotels gate so to get a taxi takes only 1 or 2 minutes, 24/7.

#5 The Spa - my wife had a great massage and a facial. She came back from bot totally 'rejuvenated'.

#6 The General Manager - Mr. Onur Islam met us upon our check in and was always around to answer all and any questions. Very, very helpful throughout our stay.

#7 Our Room - we requested a Sea View Room and we were not disappointed. All rooms, both Sea View and Garden View Rooms have a balcony. It was so nice having a complementary tea or coffee on our balcony each morning and afternoon!

#8 The airport collection was in a very nice new Mercedes Van and we used the Hotels large van for the airport drop-off as we had a friend with us. The driver was very safe, especially hearing about all the tragic accidents around Europe during our stay!

I could go on-and-on, you MUST try this Paradise Hotel!!

Thomas L. Webber and Family

Room Tip: Go for the Sea View Rooms!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Webber,

Ottawa, ontario, canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here in summer 2012, having found it through a luxury boutique hotel search site. Booked for several nights at the end of a long business trip. Splurged and spent a few extra bucks for an upgraded room.

The first clue of problems came even before I set foot in the hotel, when it took three phone calls to track down the hotel driver who was meeting me at the airport.

Then on arrival the receptionist claimed I (a single traveller) had two reservations. As was to be the case throughout this stay, the staff's general lack of professionalism shone through in the ensuing exchange, with the receptionist apparently under the impression that it was my great privilege to be allowed to pay large amounts of money for the honour of staying at his hotel.

Despite arriving well after the check-in time, I was told my room (or rooms, as the receptionist continued to insist) was not ready. After being left to sit for 45 minutes in the reception, one of only two competent employees in this shabby enterprise, a Slav named Yulia, took pity on me and offered me a room to wait in while my own room was being readied. She also instructed her mouth-breathing, surly colleagues to ensure that I be notified once I could move.

Unfortunately but not surprisingly, her juvenile and amateur colleagues were unable to cope with this most basic task and abandoned me for several more hours, failing to do anything in response to my (always polite) inquiries.

So that was the first few hours.

Everything continued from there. A laundry order was lost; it took eight calls for the front desk sub-normals to figure out where it had gone. A floor lamp in my room was short-circuited and gave me a bad shock; when, in a fit of sheerest unbridled optimism I asked if it could be replaced, I was assured that I was "wrong" and had not just received a 220V shock. Silly me.

Oh, and I discovered that a deposit of about $4000 had been charged to my credit card for my four-night stay - about twice the price of my total stay. When I asked what this was about, I was sneeringly told that this was "standard in Turkey" (a bald-faced lie, but only to be expected from the degenerate staff.

Others have already commented on the predatory pricing of bottled water. The absence of a credible reply from the manager tells you everything you need to know about the utter contempt in which this hotel holds its customers.

Despite a lovely location and above average infrastructure, this hotel has chosen to forego the usual contract with its clientele, whereby in exchange for several hundred dollars a night, the guest is made to feel that they are special, welcome, respected. Instead, the Marmara Bodrum apparently teaches its staff that guests are inmates without rights. By the end of the stay I was almost surprised not to find myself being beaten with a truncheon while my wallet was torn from my pocket.

Again: Do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try staying in a different hotel! Or find a bridge to sleep under!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank C_Day_C_Night
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and valuable feedbacks.

I am very sad to read that efficiency at our service did not match with your expectations.

Please rest assured that All feedbacks are brought into the attention of The Marmara Bodrum team.

We will be very pleased to welcome you back and present The Marmara hospitality with improved service.

Onur İslam
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Marmara not only has the best views of Bodrum, the Castle and the bay, the staff are the best as well. They couldn't be helpful enough, offering advice and assistance at every turn. And because we were staying for a longer period than most holidaymakers, they even offered us an upgrade, which was above and beyond anything we expected. That was only the cherry on an already wonderful cake with all the tasty facilities you could ever want for a perfectly flawless holiday. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: It's worth going for one of the suites if your budget can afford it - the Garden Sea View suite...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tomatogatto
oislam, Hotel Manager at The Marmara, Bodrum, responded to this review, 29 July 2013

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We just came back from this beautiful hotel. Rooms are great, staff is very nice and attentive, view is breath taking and food is delicious. Nino is extremelly nice. The music at the pool is awesome and the beach is really great. Highly recommend it and would gladly return.

Room Tip: Definitely pay a little extra for see view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Margarita2903

Wien
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I have been at "The Marmara Bodrum" many times.
Everytime i was here the great atmosphere impressed me again and again. Thats why I would like to tell everybody how amazing this place is.
The Hotel is located very close to the center and reachable by feet.
The view from the Hotel is one of the most beautiful view's i have ever seen. You can see whole Bodrum with its nice little white houses, the Castle and also the gerek Island Kos.
Service and staff here are fantastic. Staff is very well educated and professional. I highly recommend this Hotel to everyone who wants to spend a good Time in Bodrum.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yasemin G
oislam, Hotel Manager at The Marmara, Bodrum, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Yasemin Hanım,

Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a well thought out hotel with an attentive staff. The hotel is a down hill stroll into the heart of Bodrum -- we walked to the castle/archeological museum/shops/restaurants. We did cab back as it is a hike back up the hill. Cabs are readily available in town.

The top of the hill position of course is what provides the stunning view. You can soak it in from the pool (nice size and clean) or the dining area. The breakfast is amazing. I don't think I've ever had a better breakfast offered to me at a hotel. The options are staggering and no matter what you like, you can leave satiated.

The beach club is a 10 minute ride away. It's not a beach you'd seek out, but it's a nice perk. It's basically a slice of rocky beach with a pier and nice lounge amenities. The staff there was really nice and it is a lovely way to relax for an afternoon. As I missed the free shuttles to the club, I took a taxi there for about 20$ US.

I found the room itself to be a nice size. I had a basic room. There is a living area with a step down to delineate space. It also had a little garden patio outside area. Wifi was good - I was able to log on for work, which generally requires a pretty decent connection.

My only demerits are that the water in the shower wasn't consistent...I would get bouts of hot or cold water even after spending a long time trying to get a comfortable temperature. There was also a hair in my tub and, when I went for a dropped earring in the bathroom, I found a pill was one the floor that wasn't from my stay. Finally, I did a non-refundable rate and was charged up front the 325$ish/night, but there were additional charges on my bill associated with room cost. I pointed them out and they were removed.

As an FYI: The hotel offers transfers from the airport for 100€, but you can go bodrumtransfers.com and get a basic private transfer for 72 TL.

All in, I spent a couple pleasant vacation days here in Bodrum, and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about The Marmara Bodrum.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience; you have faced about the temperature of shower water and the cleaning of your room.

Please rest assured that all operational feedbacks which are much appreciated, had been brought into the attention of related department heads.

Once more thanks for your kind understanding.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodrum City
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa
#11 of 97 in Bodrum City
Rixos Premium Bodrum

Been to The Marmara, Bodrum? Share your experiences!