“Recommended Top Class”

Ranked #1 of 98 Hotels in Bodrum City
Lancashire
“Recommended Top Class”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We declared this to be one of our best stays in our month long tour of Turkey and even surprised ourselves by declaring the food in the restaurant so good we had no hesitation in booking for all 3 nights of our stay. Our standard room was pleasing and the hotel photos do not do justice to this delightful hotel.Excellent management,cleanliness and service combined with a perfect location away from town make this an easy choice for our next trip to Bodrum

4 Thank susanbanks
elvinoBodrum, Manager at El Vino Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Just a quick note to thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again in Bodrum.
El Vino Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Turkish first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently travelled with a wine and food group and this was the hotel we stayed at before we boarded our yacht. The experience was memorable. Dennis, the manager, couldn't have been more hospitable. He arranged a wine tasting in a special room at the hotel before dinner. The dinner on the rooftop was excellent...the ambiance of Bodrum after dark was magical. The hotel sits back off a main road so it was fairly quiet despite a nearby rooster. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool setting was lovely. What a gem! And thanks again for the wonderful hospitality provided by all the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carrol447
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your encouraging feedback. We are happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2013

El Vino Hotel is an absolutely wonderful place which I would recommend to anyone. It is a real gem with impeccable service, accommodations, and food. As a person who is generally not easy to please, this hotel exceeded all my expectations in every respect. The photos of this place on-line do not give it justice - it is a paradise that cannot be fully captured in a picture.

My room was lovely - very cozy with charming décor. It was clean to a fault, and very comfortable with generous amenities. I had a small balcony with a beautiful view of the garden and pool area, as well as the water and mountains. I was extremely pleased with my accommodation. The outside grounds are absolutely beautiful. Even though I did not use it, I was taken by the gorgeous stone swimming pool. The grounds are lush with lots of flowers and greenery everywhere. It truly is a paradise once inside the gate.

The greatest surprise was the food which was OUTSTANDING! In fact, the meals were so amazing at El Vino, I did not have dinner anywhere else in Bodrum. As a spoiled New Yorker, I never expect to find extraordinary food in a hotel, but this place is an exception. The restaurant itself is lovely, with views of the water, castle, and all of Bodrum. The ambience is charming, casual elegance. The food was fantastic - delicious fresh fish, wonderful salads and appetizers, many meat and vegetable dishes with a great blend of modern and Turkish cuisine. The first night I dined there, I observed a large private party (about 10 persons) eating what appeared to be a grilled langoustine as their fist course. I told the waiter I wanted to order the same thing, and he explained that it was not possible because it was made specially for the private party. As it turns out, the private party consisted of the owners of the hotel and their family. Within minutes of my request, a plate of the grilled langoustine was delivered to my table by the daughter! Seeing that I was dining alone, she then proceeded to invite me to join the family for dinner!!! I declined, however from that point forward, the family brought me wine, and other goodies. I was completely embraced by the family, who could not be more lovely, warm, welcoming and generous. The entire experience was really quite extraordinary, and it will be in my memory for a lifetime. The family apparently lives part-time on the premises, and take great pride in maintaining the quality of their property and ensuring their guests have a wonderful experience. The breakfasts were also abundant and special - freshly squeezed juices, homemade pastries, eggs, and the full Turkish breakfast mezze buffet.

The service at this hotel was also superb. In fact, the level of service offered was the best I have seen in years. All of the staff (Deniz, the Manager, Ami, and others) were extremely helpful, attentive, and accommodating. As an example, the day I left, I was driven to the station by Deniz, who refused to accept a tip! No sooner had I boarded my small bus (about 15 minutes later), one of the other members of the El Vino staff came running onto the bus (literally sweating because he had raced to get to the station before my departure) with clothing that I had left behind in the closet of my room. I was completely blown away! All of this, plus the attentiveness shown by the family (especially their beautiful daughter), makes me want to return to this wonderful hotel.

This place has my highest possible rating because it is an incredibly top-notch, classy place. with wonderful owners and friendly, welcoming, helpful staff.

Room Tip: I requested a standard room, and it was lovely, well appointed with generous amenities, and furnishe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Susan R
elvinoBodrum, Manager at El Vino Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com. We are very glad to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at El Vino.. Likewise, it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back at your nearest convenience..
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

A charming boutique hotel with clean, spacious rooms; a gorgeous swimming pool; vast range of food at breakfast; afternoon tea, coffee and cake; a small fitness hut and its own cinema room. Perfect distance from Bodrum town (10 min walk to main part). Very friendly attentive staff. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachel S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were very impressed with this small boutique hotel. Quiet and comfortable and unassuming and clean and tidy and welcoming. A fabulous simple breakfast, and a wonderful restaurant overlooking bodrum as a place to have dinner. Key aspect the friendly helpful staff. We have just returned after a happy week in October as a family of 3, and this my first review on tripadvisor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CharlesandMia
Maarssen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 October 2013

What a beautiful hidden place with excellent rooms, excellent service and a restaurant which serves the best Octopus carpaccio I've eaten within the last few years. The garden suite is gorgious, lots of space and a small but comfortable terras with swimmingpool view but very private.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have very small balconies so it is not easy to sit there with two, garden rooms at t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
elvinoBodrum, Manager at El Vino Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest
Just a quick note to thank you for your review. I'll pass your message to the rest of the team and look forward to welcome you again in Bodrum.
Best regards,
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had an amazing honeymoon in the Turkish resort of Bodrum and much of the wonderul experience was down to staying at this fantastic hotel. Emin and all of the staff were incredibly friendly and looked after us impeccibly. El Vino is set in an unassuming side street but, once inside, you enter an enchanting oasis of calm and tranquility. The room was absolutely beautiful (and decked out with hearts and rose petals for us). The rest of the hotel boasts two lovely swimming pools to relax by, an excellent restaurant, a gym, and free coffee and cake at 5pm each day! We would also recommend a visit to the gorgeous private beach that the guys will drive you to (there are two trips daily). All in all, we had a perfect experience at this hotel and are hoping to visit agin sometime soon. Can't recommend it highly enough.

1 Thank Matt A
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.
We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your time at El Vino and that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.
Kind Regards