“A run of the mill hotel in a very touristy town.”

El Vino Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We really did not like this hotel and we didn't much like Bodrum either. Once upon a time it would have been a beautiful place with its narrow streets, castle, port and the like. But it now far more like a tourist trap. I would absolutely hate to be there in summer when it is obviously overrun by visitors and the traffic must be horrendous given the lack of routes in and out of the town. The location of the hotel was OK but not all that convenient being around a 30 minute walk down to the harbour and castle. Our room was quite large but the design took no advantage at all of the views over Bodrum, which was very disappointing. Despite the size of the room, the bathroom was absolutely tiny.

The hotel is on quite a steep slope and has upper and lower entrances. We found the lower one to be more convenient. While this place is OK for a one night stay, this is not a hotel that I would go out of my way to recommend and I would certainly not stay there for multiple nights.

The real highlight of the hotel was the restaurant at its top end which had great views and really good food. It was terrific for an evening meal. On the downside, breakfast is provided in a rather dark room down in the hotel proper. It was not at all that enticing and I would suggest trying to find somewhere interesting in the town for breakfast rather than eating there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeachSwaggie

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Where can we start? ...... We were first introduced to this beautiful hidden gem in April 2012 where my brothers most amazing wedding took place on the rooftop terrace. The most perfect setting decorated beautifully.
We couldn't stay away and returned back to El Vino in October 2012 for a relaxing stay.
Last week was our 3rd visit to El Vino - its just like going home - all of the staff make you feel so welcome, its lovely how they all remember you from previous visits. Nothing is too much trouble, especially with Deniz the Manager - he is a lovely person, always friendly and takes the time to pay an interest in our family. He always goes the extra mile.
Deniz has known my brother & his wife for some time now and kindly joined our family for the most wonderful meal in the rooftop restaurant, which has the most magnificent views over Bodrum and the sunset over the mountains. The food was outstanding - without doubt the best meal of the holiday!
Not forgetting about the open buffet breakfast - we liked to eat at the poolside - the most perfect setting - a lovely Turkish Breakfast! My husband would recommend the omelette which are made to order inside the breakfast room.
Afternoon tea is served everyday at the poolside with a great selection of cakes and pastries along with Turkish tea. Oh and not forgetting a nice glass of Sangria by the pool!
We would recommend El Vino and cannot wait to return in the near future.
A huge thank you to Deniz and all of the El Vino family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Willowood2014
elvinoBodrum, Manager at El Vino Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending El Vino on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I am overwhelmed with the experience my friend and I experience at El Vino. We were treated like queens from the housekeeping, to the waiters to mangement. My friend and I arrived at El Vino a day before my birthday. The next day Deniz (manager) greeted us and said he has a special birthday surprise for me (I had not told him it was my birthday) after breakfast we went to our room and around 15 mins later, the house keeping staff came to our room with a lovely fruit basket and a bottle of red wine-amazing! Later that day we were given private access to the roof top hot tube.
Food: food was always fresh and served michilen style. The menu although not very vast had a choice for everyone. Staff were also helpful in telling us were to go for other good restaurants. At breakfast you can request omelettes and crepes.
Location: the hotel is set in an oasis of calm. From the outside you could not envisage the land which lies inside. Breathtakingly beautiful.
Cleanliness: 10/10 no complaints. Housekeeping staff were amazing, polite and so respectful.
Room: total rustic charm. We were greeted on arrival to a bed of roses literally! And a four poster bed. Balcony a little small however and the room can be a bit dark but everything else made up for this.
Value: well worth it. The peace and tranquility could not be bought.
Cons: hotel is on a hill. Bus station is however a 5-10 minutes walk away to get into other areas of Bodrum and Bitez beach.

Thank you Deniz and the El Vino Staff
From the jamaican girls. See you next year!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank NadiaGooden

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.
We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your time at El Vino and that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are just back from two nights at the El Vino and although it was a good experience, I'm not quite as glowing as the other reviewers. I think its important to evaluate the hotel setting to be sure its a match for your needs.

We found the hotel to be in a good location - its a bit of a walk to the center of the city but its away from the crowds and is much more local. Other visitors looking for a hotel with a few local dining options need to know the distance so I would check it out on a map first.

The hotel was nice with clean rooms. We found the garden setting a bit overgrown but we know that many people like it. The only real comment I can make is that our bathroom was a bit tight compared to the other three hotels we stayed at in Turkey.

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment - the spread looked larger than a few other hotels but didn't really deliver. Again, it was a nice start to the day but it didn't leave a great impression.

The staff we encountered were all nice but, again, we had better experiences in other hotels. Our first morning at breakfast we weren't sure what to do and sat near the pool among other diners as the wait staff walked by a few times. I finally figured out that we had to go inside to get food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kaimada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed in El vino for 3 nights, and I was so depressed and sad to leave such a beautiful city and hotel. The staff attitude was beyond my expectation and the assistance of both managers ( Denise ) we're indescribable , the way they cared for me and my mom and their extra mile service , I will defiantly come back next year
Thank you el vino for making me fall in love with bodrum and turky

Room Tip: Around the pool is perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nora A
elvinoBodrum, Manager at El Vino Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for recommending El Vino on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent 4 days at the El Vino and were sorry to leave. The staff was excellent, our rooms were divine and the amenities were exceptional. The grounds are charming well cared for. It was a bit chilly to enjoy the 2 beautiful swimming pools but we enjoyed an hour under the stars in the hot tub. The breakfast buffet was incredible and extensive. We had 2 memorable dinners in the dining room and would love to go back. The chef and staff are talented!
Definitely a highlight of our three week holiday in Turkey.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrisjanson

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your encouraging feedback. We are happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were on a family vacation...about 25 of us, senior citizens, middle aged, young and infants ! But I must mention, it is more a romantic and cozy place rather than a family hotel.

As we arrived, we were greeted by the hotel staff and were very pleased with the way they handled our check-in.
It is tucked away in a little street not very far away from the main market area, you could walk down.

The highlight for me was the restaurant on the top-most part of the hotel..The food was delectable and the staff very warm. The view from there is breathtaking-the water, white tenements. If you have any special food requirements, please inform them in advance and they will make every effort to make it happen.

The must-visit is the beach front promenade (pebbled stone beach), where the cafes serve Sheesha (Water pipe) and great beer ! It is a short cab drive away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Tip: 1. This boutique hotel has extreme undulations and steep steps...lots of climbing up & do...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Soniya A

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.

Kind regards,