We arrived in the early hours to a queue of two coach loads off our flight, this was pretty frustrating and add to that our room wasn't what we paid for i.e double suite and sea view. The night receptionist said he couldn't help but next morning we got moved without any fuss to exactly what we wanted, room 4425 with a lounge and two huge bedrooms one double and one with 3 single beds. We had the biggest balcony with a fabulous view!
Yes the carpets had some stains but really it'll be all the drunken vodka and cokes spilt! It DID NOT smell..... Must have been well cleaned.
Our cleaner was lovely, nothing too much trouble she insisted we ask her our every need, and brought us 2 lots of towels when she had a day off even though another cleaner did our room that day. She also did the swans thing :-) and of course we tipped her but she was worth it.
Steps - yes we managed in our 4o's with teens.... Wouldn't have wanted to bring a less than fit elderly parent.
We liked the Lobby Bar in the evening for people watching, the drinks were all OK I tried all the wines and a few cocktails plus the gin vodka and of course the beer which is Efes it's nice. ( tonic is awful tho)
The pool area is clean and tidy, really pretty, the staff do a dance on the bridge at tennish in the morning, then aqua gym in the pool with the guy Akash dressed as a woman! It's quite sweet really they walk round saying a good morning to everyone on sun beds. Then there is all the usual entertainment Darts, Archery, Water Polo.... A pool bar, nice helpful bartenders never a problem at all.
There is Cafe Turk with a singer and pool tables, table tennis and people that talk through his performance poor bloke, another bar here and nice outdoor seating.
Round the pool if Billy from The Red Dragon talks to you give it a try - a Chinese was a nice change and for £20 per person you get your lift there and home plus a drink and 3 courses then coffee. We took an hour shopping too bought some Converse shoes whilst there saved us the hassle of going to the market the next day.
We hired a car for two days but security wouldn't let the car hire guy in and that was a palava but the area was worth exploring we had a lovely meal at The Garden in Bodrum and we went round the Castle.
Food - I can't lie and say it was brilliant but the soups were always good, fresh bread and butter. Lots of salads and cakes. The hot food limited choices but some stuff was good, the chicken gardener...looked like thai green curry, tasted good. Always rice and a potato dish. Always veg. A couple of meat and a fish. One night I ate what it called Turkey but it was too dark and meaty to be turkey however it was gorgeous! Best thing all week that!
Try the slide pool - with pizza up there and don't miss the sea area it's stunning down there! My girls went snorkeling.
I would recommend this place we had a lovely relaxing break and not one of us had any stomach issues whatsoever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best place under the sky! Newly renovated for 2010, this hotel provides something for even the most discerning of travellers. Whether it's a family holiday, a relaxing escape or some well-deserved time with your friends, you will definitely take back some fantastic memories - that's if you decide to go home! Join us on Facebook - Bodrum Holiday Resort & SPA ( ex. Belizia ) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bodrum Holiday Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bodrum Holiday Hotel Bodrum
- Bodrum Holiday Resort And Spa
- Belizia Hotel Bodrum
- Belizia Bodrum