“nice resort”

Ranked #7 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
derby
“nice resort”
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Ok I feel i have to give you readers a honest review of this hotel. It is no english 5 star but it is well run and there are more than enough staff happy to help. The comments made about only one all inclusive bar are correct but if you want your drink in a glass and not plastic you only have to ask when you order your drink and they are happy to give you glass as long as you arent taking it on the poolside. A tip for the other bars in the main hotel which do charge...get a drink in the restaurant and take it with you this is allowed and costs nothing. On arriving at the hotel you are given a sheet with all what is and isnt chargeable so people who say theyre are hidden costs obviously didnt bother reading this sheet so can only blame themselves. The restaurant is well staffed and tables are cleaned away quickly. The food is a bit repetitive after two weeks but we were still seeing different things on offer well into week two of our stay so couldnt really complain. The entertainment team do work hard at getting people involved in the activities and you do get to know what is happening because activities stay the same each day. Overall we had an excellent two weeks at Ersan and would think about going back in the future.

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — Only one all inclusive bar
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank A6sc
ERSANGRD, Guest Relations Manager at Ersan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 September 2015
Dear Guest,

it is great to know that you enjoyed Ersan Resort and appreciate the service and quality.
Thanks and hope to see you again,

Ersan Resort & SPA Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockport Reddish
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Well. when i went to this hotel, i was 12. 12. im 16 now and i still dont think it was good. for starters...everynight, as girls do, they wear skirts. me being blonde and looked older, didnt help. but the male staff new this. and i was freaked out that i couldnt even wear a skirt to my knees with out every random turkish dude checkin me out. when i was 12!!!!!!!!!!! anyways. the hotel was clean and the grouds where lovely so i did enjoy that. the pier was nice and we had fun feeding the fish at night (reccomend that) but the staff was terrible
as i mentioned earlier, i did look older than 12. but for the flippin ice cream woman to say no to me when i wanted ice cream demanding that i had to ave "ID"! i wasnt happy. it ice cream. its out of season. who cares really? really??

i remember one particular bloke. think he was a "funstar" or something, anyways he was an idiot too, he frequently walked past me when i was sunbathing. one day, while i was with my friends who i had met there and my dad, he grabbed my arm and tried to thrown me in the pool, he succeeded, but he came in with me. i was not about to let some stupid man throw me in a pool. no life gaurd, and no entertainment. how did he no if i could swim~?? i could of drowned so i pulled him in with me. little did i know he had all his money, his phone and his passport in his pockets. he said he "couldnt swim" and shouted countless names and hauled abuse at me. i was not impressed. in my opinion he had coming food was awful. ew catered specifically to germans in my view, unless you want your kids eating chips everynight for 2 weeks, dont go.. and as for the entertainment, well we just sat around and did nothingg.
lovely holiday.
would definitly not recomend it.
go at your own risk
x

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed October 2005, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It was never our intention to create such an unpleasant stay in our hotel. After your mail, now we can pay attention to every necessary steps about unsatisfied parts of your vacation.
We look forward to host you again !

Birkenhead
Reviewed 16 October 2008

Stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks in August. All the hotels I have stayed at in Bodrum I have never had to get up at 5 in the morning to fight for a sun bed. The rooms are clean, but small.
Hardly any english speaking people so our son had no one to play with. When he went over to speak to the entertainment staff they ignored him. The dining room is far to small for the amount of people staying at the hotel. The size of the complex and only one bar you can get all inclusive at, so if you went for the evening entertainment by time you got to the bar and back you missed it.
Location of the hotel is ok and you can get a bus outside into Bodrum and back that was good. Wont be rushing back, but for the price we payed it was ok.

• Liked — Next to the beach
  • Disliked — Food was always the same, rooms to small and lack of english people
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and review about our Resort. Because, this way we are able to see where we went wrong. we have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

Carnoustie
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week with another 3 adults. We had an excellent time and would not hesitate in going back. A review I read before arriving there myself summed it up - 'it's what you make it'. The food caters very much for the rest of europe but as the week went on we had found our feet and were beginning to really enjoy our meals. We found a great atmosphere at the hotel due to the varied mix of nationalities and left with many new friends including French and Belgian. The entertainments team are very hardworking and this means for most of the day there is something you can take part in if you choose to. In the evening there is always a show, some are better than others but other than 1 evening we enjoyed them all very much. Ok, there is only 1 all inclusive bar and the toilets are a little bit far away from the show but we were never short of a drink and carried drinks with us to the show. My husband and friend loved the beer and didn't find it watered down in the slightest. The wine looked a little strange but was very pleasant. The vodka wasn't perhaps the strongest but a very large measure meant you didn't go short and the bar staff don't mind giving you as many drinks as you want. You can help yourself to still juices, and Coke, Fanta and Sprite are all available too behind the bar. We came home with big smiles on our faces and have said that if we see another good deal we will be returning again. Hopefully the bar staff and entertainments team haven't changed too much as they really helped make our holiday, a great bunch of people. I also wouldn't hesitate to take my kids next time too. If the price is right, go for it. Oopsala!!

• Liked — Cleanliness and staff
  • Disliked — Only 1 bar and toilets too far from ampitheatre
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

As the Ersan Resort&Spa team, we are very happy to have met you and thank you once again for your views reflecting your satisfaction with the quality of our services.

ayrshire
Reviewed 12 October 2008

Wouldn't recommend this resort to an enemy, never mind a friend. It is a very poor 3*. Food was passable. All inclusive was a rip-off. Drinks in the evening were only available at one bar. Free ice cream for one hour only (most people didn't find out about this till their second week). Resort is spread out and hilly, not suitable for anyone with mobility problems Free turkish bath advertised, but you had to pay for lemon soap rub (which I understood to be part of a turkish bath). Most staff were surly, although our maid was nice, had to ask to have our sheets changed. If you want some entertainment you have to go on the bus, and the roads are not the best. No entertainment. People were charged at the end of their holiday for drinks that they thought were included with "all inclusive". We were charged 15 nights for a safe, and our holiday was only for 14 nights?
If you want a nice holiday, don't go to this resort, try Gumbet or Bitez.

• Liked — coming home
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank sandradeeAyrshire
Dear Guest,

We look forward to host you again !

London
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Take the reviews on here with a pinch of salt - I really do not know what people expect from a hotel!! A Palace maybe?!! This was our first trip to Turkey and I we would defintely go back. My partner and I (25 and 30) returned from The Ersan on Monday, this hotel was fantastic, everything you could want or need from your holiday. Rooms were outstanding (we did book a superior) with the most amazing see view, they were cleaned every single day, with clean towels. I cannot describe how fabulous the Complex was! Huge place, very clean and great sunbeds with cushions! We have been on many all inclusive holidays, mainly in Spain and the choice of food here was the best by far! You can always find something that you like. Soup was the best soup I have ever had at an all inclusive and the choice of cakes was unbelivable. Most staff were friendly and helpful and although we did not partake in the entertainment it was obvious that the staff tried very hard to involve everyone. We meet many nice english people and Belguin people. Minor bad points were the beer was very watered down and there were alot of Russian/Croatian/Polish guests who are very rude, also they could make more of the beautiful facilities if they offered the all inclusive drinks in more of the bars. The hotel is approx. 4.5 km outside of Bodrum town but there are plenty of buses waiting outside the resort and it takes 10/15 min to get into town and will cost you 2L. The hotel also has fantastic spa facilities, you can use the steam room, spa, sauna and gym all free of charge (massage extra and are expensive so better off booking in town). Free use of canoe and pedalos also (you have to put down a deposit that you get back) I would also recommend any excursions are booked in Bodrum, you can find day excursions from £6!!!! I cannot reccomend this hotel enough, the positives far outweigh the negatives. I can understand that for some people the size of the complex may cause difficulties (walking up lots of steps) but for us this was not a problem. We had a very late flight and were aloud to keep our all inclusive until we left, which was a bonus! I would reccommend this hotel to couples. We had such a fantastic time and certainly didn't want to come home, for the price we payed I feel this hotel was great value, although I would probably rate it as a 4* Go and see for yourself!

• Liked — Food, Complex
  • Disliked — Russians!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonStace
Dear Guest,

In the framework of our quality approach at Ersan Resort&Spa, we shape our goal of maximizing customer satisfaction in light of your views. Your valuable ideas provide us with high motivation to reach excellence in our service level.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2008

We stayed at the Ersan Resort & Spa at the end of September, and to be honest we were glad to be going home at the end of the week

Having read the reviews we were a little concerned with our choice, however on arrival we were pleased and impressed by the reception area.

Regrettably ,as the days passed the beautiful surroundings did not compensate for the poor service.

The rooms are ok some have been renovated, the balconies are tiny, we were shocked at the size of them you could only fit one chair and a small stool/table!

We requested an iron one day from recepton and were told to call back in 10 minutes, then afer calling back and a strained conversation he said 20 mins fo an iron. Half an hour later no iron, my partner went to enquire and was told no iron and that it was impossible! And that the pressing service was available from your room. He asked why had been told 20 mins and the excuse was its hard to understand english? If a hotel is open to english speaking guests, is it not reasonable to expect that some basic english is spoken by the staff at reception? P.S please don't think I am someone who expects to be spoken to in my first language wherever I go, I always try to learn the basics .

Generally all drinks were served from the Mocha Bar which is located between the beach and the main pool area. Almost all drinks most of which are watered down are served in plastic vending machine style cups. It's worth noting that drinks are available from the Sunset Bar (Turkish Restaurant located by the Infinity Pool) for approx 2 hours during the day which we found out half way though our holiday, although this is not clearly advised.

The buffet restaurant is located in the main building, the food is rarely hot and they serve the most strange concoctions...brussell sprouts in tomato sauce (well I find it strange). Efes beer is served by the glass during lunch and dinner along with wine etc again this didnt look to appealling! The deserts looked nice though!

We ate at both the Italian and Turkish restaurants both were strang experiences! We visited the italian first and as I have Coeliacs Diesase (its an intolerence to wheat and gluten) I brought a pizza base so the chef could make me a pizza. Although this arrived before my partned had even ordered and without any tmoato sauce?? On visiting the Turkish restaurant we were told that we would have a Mixed Kebab before we even had the chance to look at the menu!!! Then when I ordered the grilled chicken, I was told I was to have the mixed kebab, I tired to explain that I was concerned that there may be flour in the kebab but he just would not listen, in the end I couldn't be bothered to argue and just avoided the meat.

Both pools are nice, the beach is, a mixture of sand/shingle but the decking area is nice.

Entertainment - non existent, which means a night in front of the the tv can sometimes sound appealing, that is until you see the channels!!!

Bodrum is about 10-15 minutes away and the Dolmus terminus is located directly outside the resort it costs 2 lira per person and runs all the time, this is safe and comapred to a round trip of 40-50 lira in a taxi definately worth it.

We took a taxi from the airport which cost 80 lira, however on requesting that reception book us a taxi on our return the cheeky lad at reception made sure he got a cut out of the fare. We asked how much it would be (just to check) he said it should be 120 lira but he could get it for 100 lira, we explained about our taxi on arrival etc but he was too cocky, and made no attempt to understand what we were trying to explain. The "taxi" that arrived was about 20 years old and the driver was texting, driving across both lanes and falling asleep with a meter that was programmed above the usual rate!!! My partner had a stern word with him and the the remaining journey was not as bad. Except for the 165 lira displayed on the meter, we gave him 90 lira and he didn't argue about it.

The feeling we got from the hotel was that everything seemed to come with a charge not your usual luxury items but your usual requests.

I realise this is a long negative review but I have tried to be as honest as possible and hope this has given you an idea of what to expect.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple

#5 of 97 in Bodrum City
Swissotel Resort Bodrum Beach
Swissotel Resort Bodrum Beach
#12 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Ersan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!