“Dump”
Review of Bodrum Backpackers

Bodrum Backpackers
Reviewed 1 September 2011

What a dump this place was. I travelled through Europe for 6 weeks this summer, and this was by far the worst hostel I stayed at. First of all, they lost my booking, which was supposed to be a private room with a bathroom. He suggested I stay in a dorm, and when I suggested that I had reserved a private room and that I expected a private room, he disappeared for a few minutes. When he came back, all he said was "Ok I'll show you to your room". He brings me into a basement, where he brings me to a small room with a bunkbed in it... no bathroom. The bathroom was filthy and smelled terrible. I paid for my room, and then asked for a key, at which point he informed me that "that was the only problem, there is no key for this room". Nice! So, he took my money first, and then informed me that there was no key. By that time I was so exhausted that I couldn't bear the thought of finding another place to stay. I took the room, but slept with a chair against the door all night. I did not feel at all comfortable with the staff at all. In the morning, they were supposed to provide breakfast starting at 8am. I arrived for breakfast at 9:30 and the staff were all still asleep. I guess too much partying the night before. This place is a flop house for people who just want to party. It was filthy and disgusting. Fortunately I was only there for one night.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Helenzeirish

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Like many other visitors who have posted previously, we arrived and were told there had been a mistake made with the Internet company and the hostel was overbooked. Obviously a scam. We were shown to the terrace balcony and slept there for three nights. The toilet was downstairs and never had toilet paper. The shower smelt like mould and poo and was revolting and dirty. To top it off, one of the men who ran the hostel (there are two men by the same name) was sleazy and inappropriate. He made inappropriate advances on both me and my friend (both girls) and genuinely made our time awkward and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We arrived at Bodrum backpackers and were recommended by friends to stay there.. We paid for our accommodation on arrival and had a fine stay up until the last night. They accused us of not paying on arrival, in order to stay out of trouble as we did not feel safe and felt threatened we just repaid the amount. They put up a big party for a friends birthday and after that decided to accuse us of nt paying. The owner was definitely on on this scam and we felt violated..

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Gabriellagina
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I traveled to Bodrum with three friends, and we had an excellent experience with Bodrum Backpackers. The prices were good and the rooms were clean and had their own bathrooms. The location is excellent, and the downstairs bar is a great place to relax for the night. The managers were welcoming and friendly, and they were happy to help us arrange transportation and tours when we asked.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MEstudent
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We went on this b&b and the price was very good: €25,00 for a room...for a turistic city it's not bad! But...but...but...
We were in the last floor: for a couple there is only a SMALL room, with shared bathroom, and there were people sleeping on the entrance...in fact there's a terrace (a balcony) where people stays and sleep: so if you want to survive into the room in the night you need to open the window and it means you sleep togheter with other guys...very confortable :)
The breakfast is much orrible than the night: there's the only one ugly guy we found in all turkey, that gives you only what he wants: for example on the second day he prepared a soup and we had not other things to eat (except a nescafe).
The girl of the reception is very nice and she tries to do the best, even if the she had not chances...
Anyway, if you want to go there and pay not much, you need to ask for a room on the first floor (normal rooms with bathroom)! If you're students and don't care of such things, the hostel is what you're searching for!!!
p.s.: there's a bar downstairs with high music until 2 a.m.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcus1I
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Perfect locatıon! 1mın walk to the beach and cheap places to eat good food.
Very frıendly feeling about the place. There was always lots going on so was great for me as a solo traveller to meet other people. Drank and smoked chicha at the bar downstaırs. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday. All of the staff were frıendly and helpful. There was free ınternet and even a free phone to call anywhere ın the world...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Emerson_93
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Its not as bad as the previous comments! We didn't stay in the backpackers, but went their a lot during our stay. watching the world cup! the people who chose to stay there having a great time, and we heard no complaints! There is a good atmosphere. What do people expect for £20 a night? And the name of the place gives an indication of what they cater for. Food was good too. xx

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple