“Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #56 of 99 Hotels in Bodrum City
Cape Town
“Pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

After reading some of the reviews, we were not sure what to expect. Well, for what we paid, we were very happy with our rooms, with the service and the food. Breakfast and dinner was ample and fresh. The rooms were spacious, cleaned every day with clean towels every day, if we so needed. Around the hotel it was clean and the pool was great and we used and enjoyed it every day we were there between 10 and 14 June 2012. We will go there again! We could not detect any of the negative aspects mentioned by others.

Room Tip: I am not sure if you can choose a room. The rooms in back building was good because of the quadgarde...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank framarCapeTown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of four for four nights before heading to olu deniz for 10 nights.

We wanted a cheap hotel that was in the centre of Bodrum and this is what we got! This hotel is basic and not luxurious but for the price we paid we did not expect it to be.

The hotel is located in the heart of Bodrum just a 10 minute walk (max) to the marina and about 3 minutes away from the bus station. The buses go to nearby places such as local beaches as well as places further afield. For example we got the bus from Bodrum all the way to Fethiye when we travelled to Olu Deniz.

The rooms are clean with basic facilities. The shower in one of our rooms looked brand new. The beds were comfortable and I slept well at night. It is a shame that there are no balconys. The wardrobe was large with plenty of hangers.

The pool is ok a reasonable size but could do with a few more sun beds as when we used the pool one afternoon we did not get one. The pool bar is relaxed and quiet so when we went out in the evening we went to more lively bars near the marina.

There is free wifi however this is not advertised anywhere so it was my last day when I finally discovered this.

The staff are perfectly nice but do not say a lot. This may be because they do not want to pester guests or do not know much English as there were multiple nationalities staying at this hotel when we were there.

We stayed half board basis and I would say the food lets this place down. The breakfast was continental which is understandable as few English people stay there. At dinner there was usually just one main course option - one night is was beef and cheese - stayed away from that!! There is however plenty of bread and fruit and the salads were very nice. So although we didn't love the choose of food we did not go hungry.

If like us you are looking to explore Bodrum like we were (we also took a day trip to Ephesus) then this hotel is ideal. It's not luxury but for what you pay you cannot complain. If I returned to Bodrum I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank NatttyB
Langenthal, Schweiz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

What right does a spoiled, hotel snob like me have to say something about the Atrium? None, really. But thanks to the miracle of the internet and services like TripAdvisor, I have a platform to spout opinions.

There is nothing about Otel Atrium that will make you say "WOW!"
Before you arrive, reduce your expectations to the minimum. Then you will have a good time.

It is clean. The rooms, the pool, the sheets, the public areas... everything.

The rooms are poorly lit, but if you are spending more than 1 waking hour in the room, then you have come to the wrong place for vacation. The beds are small and the matresses are not great, but I slept just fine. Everything works in the bathroom. The hotel lost water pressure for about an hour 1 day but it was not a big problem.

The staff is friendly and fair. Due to a mistake by Booking.com, the hotel could have charged one of my friends for an extra night. But, they did not.

The pool is clean, refreshing, and lively. There is always someone there to meet.

When booking from Booking.com, breakfast AND dinner come with the room price. (surprise!) The food is very basic, but is just fine. Nonetheless, we went elsewhere for dinner nearly every night.

The Atrium is a mini United Nations. There were people from everywhere: New Zealand, India, England, America, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, Holland, Taiwan.

Finally, the price is very low. For what you get, it is a very good deal.

ps: Be forewarned that the hotel wants to make money on all food and drinks. They will not allow you to bring in anything from the outside; not even drinking water.

Room Tip: For a quite room, request a room on the 2nd level and away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ravenshaw
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel has a great location with a great pool. I paid £15 a night in June for half board which I thought was very good. The rooms are arranged around a courtyard, a few have the windows facing into this court so there is no noise from the streets around the hotel. My room was 113 on the bottom floor which did face inwards. If I went back to this hotel I would not accept a room on the bottom floor again.The reason for this is the floors are concrete and are tiled, if anyone is walking in heeled shoes or anyone is moving a chair, table or bed in the room above you then the noise of that is very loud in the room below. People coming back late at night or people moving around early in the morning, its not good. The walls are also very thin so you can hear people chatting in the rooms next door quite clearly. The other problem I had in my room was that I had to put two blankets on the bed to cover the springs in the mattress. On the positive side the food was quite good and the staff seemed quite helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floor like the plague, try to get an inward facing room such as room 125.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank chris l
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

It is a fine building in a great location. If you are not a hotel snob you will see that this hotel offers a lot for little. It is not a place if you want to stay inside a cocoon (on any of those plasticy resorts)- this hotel is best for those who like to get about and really experience Bodrum and beyond. It is so close to everything- port, main highstreet, market, bus station, hundreds of restaurants...! great for families wih kids too as their suites offer two rooms for little and just outside there is a nice playground (also go see the tucked away coop - free city farm! daughter loved it).
The reception guy was great- he let me bargain the price down and was generally very friendly. Also what i liked about this place is that they are very helpful - say can give you extra bedding if you need etc - just don't be shy to ask! Also showers were nice and hot - unlike in a 5 star resort. Interesting that....
The only negative- it is a bit shabby and could do with an uplift. But it is perfectly adequate and for the price you pay you would be silly to dismiss it. So be smart- spend the money you save on good food or shopping, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kristina M
Dorset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel was as expected, cheap and cheerful, very central and close to the bus station. The food very simple and Turkish. Guests international and very friendly. Down side, the springs in my mattress were very uncomfortable and the staff unable to do anything about this. What I would like to review are the many trips that I went on. This was the best holiday of my life despite the weather not being very good. Other than all the lovely people I met it was the trips that made this for me. For a liittle over £80.00 (don't expect to get this price in season) I went to Kos for the day. Did an overnight stay to Ephesus and Pamukkale which included dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and entry fees. I paid to swim in a warm thermal pool over roman remains at Pamukkale. I went to Dalyan, amazing, saw a sea turtle, lunch was included, had a mud bath and natural mineral bath and boat trip up the river. I also did the village trip which included lunch, had a turkish bath and spent a day on a boat going around the coves and swimming in the sea (lunch was included). During these trips we visited 3 different carpet factories a gold factory and one other but I can't remember the name of the stone they were carving. These visits were fascinating (unlike others that I have visited in other countries). Before booking these trips I researched the tour operators to establsh that they were registered with the Turkish tourist board. The company I used were called Botur (down the main street from the bus station on the left). I met a number of people who had used other companies who were equally impressed. The day I was due to do the boat trip the weather was bad and the company changed the order of my trips so that I would be at sea when the weather was at its best. There was only one down side and that was that my Turkish bath was very rushed and I saw other people getting better treatment. I am a 58 year old women travelling on my own and I felt safe all the time I was in Turkey even at night. Bodrum is well lit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank DorsetAnne
Evander South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We didnt even think to take photos,because we couldnt get out of there fast enough.
No air conditioning anywhere except in the room which also was poor.
Room reeked of cigarette smoke.
Had to replace the mattress,because a spring was sticking out.When he sheet was taken off the mattress was so stained we felt ill
The food was appaling and there flies everywhere
We checked out early the next morning

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family