This is written as a current American guest who will spend at least four of his nine-week Turkish holiday at l'Ambiance Resort just as he has done in years past.
While l'Ambiance Hotel still has the exceptional ambiance afforded by its' unique location and expansive space it, like many other hotels on the Bodrum peninsula, has won the race to the bottom of the ongoing package holiday fad that began a decade or so after it was built. Win the race but loose the game! The British should keep this in mind...
Always a non-package guest from the United States, I have always emphasized the exceptional value I have found at l'Ambiance even if the price I pay per night is significantly higher than those on package holiday.
Each year I have visited found a decline in the quality of the inclusions of "all-inclusive" but still I stressed the exceptional value.
This year however finds severe problems with what I consider to be normal hotel services for any decent place. Rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis--many say that their rooms have not been touched during their week-long holiday. I will not say "filthy" or "dangerously unsanitary" as the common spaces are reasonably clean even if the "public" toilets in the common area reek of very strong bleach and moth balls. The previously crystal clear swimming pool is murky. The desk staff is truly incompetent and does not seem to understand ANY language including Turkish!
The originally high quality (and very firm) mattresses seem to have exceeded their reasonable service life. Hot water is still extremely "iffy".
I will not say, "Cancel the package holiday you have already booked," but I will say that I have great doubts that the hotel will be open next year.
For those still to visit this year I will share some encouragement:
1) The food is abundant, safe, tasty and of decent quality although it is primarily TURKISH and not British (or the ethnic food that many British seem to prefer to their own...). You can thank the general high quality of Turkish produce (and cooks) for the fact that the food is healthy and good tasting.
2) The salon still has exceptional value as the husband-wife team who have leased it for many years remain. While I will say that they have become personal friends in the years I have visited, I will also say that I have patronized salons in many resort-style hotels (most FAR more expensive) throughout Turkey and in my opionion they are the best REGARDLESS of price.
3) The hamam/spa (also separately leased) is the best I have experienced in extremely frequent patronage during the years we have visited.
4) The bar staff is very good this year. As always though, "Take care of your bartender and he will take care of you".
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your L'Ambiance Resort Bodrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ambiance Resort Bodrum Hotel Bodrum
- l Ambiance Hotel Bodrum
- l Ambiance Hotel Yaliciftlik