“Outstanding”

Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Bodrum City
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel for one week with my mum auntie and cousin we had originally booked 2 land view rooms , (May 2nd for one week ) , when we arrived I mentioned that I had emailed the hotel five times before arriving asking if possible could we have a seaview room , but after not receiving one email back from the hotel I mentioned this again when we arrived , the assistant manager was very helpful and said we could have a free of charge upgrade if we all prepared to share a suite between the four of us , we then went and looked at the suite which had the most amazing views I have ever seen in my entire life , we agreed to share this room and the staff was fantastic bringing up two single beds making them up in the living room area and bringing all our suitcases up for us as well very impressive considering we was at the far end of the property with lots of steps to take you up to our suite, we also requested a kettle and cup and saucers which was also bought straight to the room along with tea and coffee and milk etc , and then because there was four of us sharing the staff then come up and refilled the mini bar with white wine which is what my mum and aunt drunk , so good start to the most amazing holiday .
There was plenty of room for the four of us and we had a large balcony to which they also made sure we had four chairs on.
Well after that we had the best holiday ever , food in the buffet was very very impressive fresh bread every day fresh salads fresh meat being cooked every day and the pudding was amazing , all the staff in the restaurant was so so friendly especially em rah yesil a special mention to him very good at his job, as well as all the other young lads in the restaurant who loved to chat to everyone , all the chefs were lovely to always checking food was hot etc etc ...
Beach bar ....... Neisha well what can I say I think a lot of the guests that was there the week we was all agreed very efficient friendly fast hardworking and always smiling and happy .
Food in beach bar was amazing for lunchtimes such a varied menu and such good service , very clean and amazing .
Drinks everywhere in the hotel was first class all named brands absouloute vodka jack Daniels wine was amazing red white and even the rose was very very good and wow the cocktails we counted 48 on the menu and between the four of us we went right through the entire menu , we loved the lobby bar with the rooftop terrace which by the way the staff there was also very very friendly sorry if I knew all there names I would mention them all , lol , it was very windy. In the evening when was there so we never actually sat there for long enough to enjoy the amazing view across to bodrum . Oh forgot to mention beer wise was very good bottles of becks beer and Efes beer also very good .
Swimming pool was lovely with massive leathers beds around but in my opinion the pool is not near big enough for the amount of guests staying we stayed in low season and out room overlooked the pool and having had a few nights troubled sleeping as I'm such an early riser wpme and my mum saw people from as early as four am reserving there sunbeds on the second day we was there , not good but typical the next morning me and my mum went down at five am and followed suit lol , I did not get in the water as it was very cold but it was a very nice area to sit around with a poolside bar and staff walking around asking if you would like a drink , we only sat there two days and opted for the beach the rest of the time we was there as there was a lot more beds to accomadation people but even towards the end of the holiday we found as the hotel was getting busier we had to be down to the beach by at least 8 am to reserve our bed for the day , again the beds on the beach was excellent big cushions which made them very comfortable . I would like to mention baris the beach man who was working from around 8 am taking drinks orders all on his own for the whole day up and down and always smiling he as well as the other memebers of staff I mentioned earlier are a credit to your hotel , he was a lovely man and very very good at his job well done baris .....
The fruit shack was amazing fresh fruit from ten am/four pm and Icecream available al day long and it was cut up and put on to plates for you melon strawberrys grapes apples you name it they had it was amazing .

Night time entertainment was good the dj sorry I can't remember his name played some great tunes and was very happy in his work, always chatting to holiday makers .
We met some amazing people on this holiday and I'm actually going to be going back next year with my husband .
The boat that goes over to bodrum was very very good we used this a few times and had no problems only takes around five minutes to get over and it runs all day every 20 minutes for around 2.00 pounds each way . We loved bodrum the shopping was great.
The only thing I feel that really let this hotel down was the cleaning side of it in our room , we sometimes come back to room at five pm and still the room had not been done and one day the cleaner wanted to come in at six pm and change beds etc we said no as we was all trying to get ready for dinner , the mini bar was not restocked each day either so we had to keep ringing down to reception to ask for wines and beers etc , I think because our room was at the far end of the hotel the staff basically couldn't rebothered to get there trolleys all the way down , we run out of toilet rolls loads of times and also the floors was never cleaned I think in one week we had one change of bedding , not good for a five star hotel , I also spoke to a lot of other English people that said the same thing to me , this is the only complaint that we had about the whole holiday to be honest and it would not put me off going back as it's very minor . I just hope the hotel addresses the issue of the cleaning of rooms as it's a shame that it let the hotel down just a small bit .
All in all a fantastic holiday and will defo be returning to the voyage bodrum , have stayed at the voyage turkbuku as well which was just as good . If your thinking about booking this hotel go for it as you won't be disappointed ....

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank maxineclifford
Natallia K, Yönetici at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear “maxineclifford”,

Thank you for letting us know that you had the most amazing holiday at Voyage Bodrum. We are glad that we could redound to a memorable and enjoyable vacation. Along with that we regret that there were some inconveniences during your stay. Therefore, we want to thank you for your feedback which allows us to progress our service and to be aware of areas of improvement. As a part of the Voyage Family, we would be pleased to welcome you back at one of our hotels, where you can enjoy a 5*service and the warmest Turkish hospitality.

Kadriye Özçelik CRM Support

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend and I went to Turkey for the first time. After reading plenty of reviews we decided on Voyage Bodrum. Well what can I say except it was perfect. From entering on the first evening until the day we left we were treated with first class service. Every member of staff from the cleaners to management couldn't have done anything different to make it any better. The rooms were cleaned daily. The main restaurant cooked up varied hot and cold dishes, something for everyone. We ate in the A la Carte on one evening and it was beautiful. Not sure on their proper names but I need to make a special mention of Angel who waited in the lobby bar was so attentive and genuine. Also, we called him Charlie who worked mainly in the lobby bar made up Fantastic cocktails, and remembered what drinks we liked. But, in all honesty they were all so brilliant and made our holiday a special memorable one. We loved it so much we will be booking up for next year.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Chanders64
Natallia K, Yönetici at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear “Chanders64”,

We are honored to know that we could let you feel the way you wrote in the title of your review and contribute to make your holiday memorable and special. We appreciate your lovely words and thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. For another fantastic and warm stay, we would like to see you again soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

First impressions on arrival are deceptive. The glass fronted reception area belies what is hidden behind. Once you clear reception you enter the lounge/bar area where you can have a drink and during the day indulge your fancy in a vast selection of cakes and biscuits, yum!
Beyond that is an open verandah area where you can sit and have a drink looking across to the marina entrance and imposing castle to Bodrum on the opposite side of the bay. It's a stunning view at any time of the day or night.
During our stay the hotel never seemed to be completely full. It was busy enough and getting seats in the bar / verandah area was always a problem unless you got there early. The nights were very cool and consequently most guests wanted to sit inside, making it increasingly more difficult to find a seat. If the weather had been warmer in the evening then my guess would be that many people would use the garden bar, we certainly would have.
The reception/bar is on Floor 5 and the majority of rooms cascade down at the rear of the hotel toward the man-made beach/promenade area. There are some rooms above the 5th floor.
Our room was on the first floor which was also the main restaurant floor but you wouldn't have known it. No noisy guests and no cooking smells. We were disturbed however from the noisy evening entertainment which was loud and went on until midnight. We're not party poopers but it was too darn cold and bed was an inviting solution.
Room size was a little smaller than we expected. There was not enough space to leave two suitcases on the sides and discarded clothes left lying around really cluttered the room up.
The air-con was extremely efficient and not too noisy.
One criticism we did have was that the maid was very lazy. Our bed was rarely ever made properly. We had sand in the bed for two nights before we ripped the sheets of a shook them ourselves. The sand that fell out remained on the floor and was never swept up the entire duration of our stay. Drinks and toiletries were never replaced and we had to mount raids on the cleaner trollies in order to replenish stocks.
I think our experience of the staff was different to everyone else providing feedback contributions. The staff were friendly, they worked hard and I'm sure they also tried hard but they were easily distracted. On many occasions we asked for a drink and we would wait, and we would wait, and it would often take 10-15mins of waiting before a reminder by my wife or I would be met with an acknowledgement they had forgotten and when the drink did turn up it would be the wrong order or a stone cold tea or coffee. This was commonplace particularly in the bar, in the restaurant and down on the beach. That said we put it down to early season teething problems which need fixing before the high season begins.
Bodrum and Gumbet are 20min walks - either left or right out of the hotel. Bodrum is clearly the emerging Saint Tropez of Turkey. There's a lot of wealth evident - good shops, expensive boats, posh cars and a real vibrant buzz about the place. Gumbet is the poorer relation and that is easy to see as soon as you enter the town.
Anyone staying at the Voyage could fail to be impressed with the overall package and it would definitely get our vote for a return visit in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views. The higher you are - Floors 4,5 and 6 will give the best views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry A
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear “Terry A”,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Voyage Bodrum.
We also appriciate your critical observations, which give us the opportunity to improve our service and standards. Meanwhile we would like to remind you, please do not hesitate to contact our staff in the hotel for any issue during your stay, they will with pleasure help you.
We would be glad to welcome you again.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

What a fabulous hotel. No children so it had a general feeling of calm about it. Although this hotel has 150 rooms, it has a boutique feeling about it - mainly down to the simple but effective decor. We were upgraded to a sea view room - but porbably because we went slighty out of season. So much food and drink to choose from. The restaurant by the beach is great for lunch - a la carte. The bar has a great list of cocktails - although not sure how much alcohol was in them! By the bar is a freezer full of branded ice creams that you can help yourself took. There's also a fruit bar by the beach - for the health conscious. You just go up and the chef will cut up fresh fruit for you. My friend and I had a fabulous turkish massage/hammam - definitely worth having done. (Haggle over the price though). I have very rarely felt the urge to go back to the same place twice but will certainly be seeing what deals they have later this year. The only criticism is that the entertainment was mainly just a DJ - and he insisted on playing house music - which was rather strange considering the average age (at the time of my visit) was about 50! Perhaps they have more entertainment on offer during peak season. You can go into bodrum via the boat man that picks you up from the beach at the hotel. Costs aboutn £2 each way. Lots of greats shops with bags and shoes in Bodrum. We also booked a boat trip from one of the stands on the street. £10 each for an all day trip including lunch!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

1 Thank Paula B
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear “Paula B”,

We were pleased to read that you liked the design, concept and achievements of Voyage Bodrum. Thank you for telling us which nice experiences you made and which offers you enjoyed in particular. You are welcome to spent another wonderful holiday with us. Looking forward to see you again.

Derya Yudulmaz
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed in late April 2014 for a week and from ALL the staff the customer service was excellent. Throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble for any one of them. This stunning hotel, stunning in both setting and service, is lead in this was by their lovely, friendly and professional manager. We must give a special mention though to the evening receptionist, who has now left for his National Service. I am sure he will be sadly missed by the staff there, although luckily he is returning after his conscription time is up he told us. The water taxi is a lovely feature too and as so near to the hotel, it seems your private hire boat. Another mention we must make is for the A la Carte restaurant, included once a week in our All Inclusive deal. You simply must not miss the fabulous food! Plus to have the Beach Bar serving to your table a great selection of lunchtime meals was unusual and fabulous. So relaxing to be waited on each day!

Thank you to all for our brilliant relaxing stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Sea view is essential. Some non sea views rooms open into corridors (as a village setting) and you m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Staffs2
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dera "Staffs2",

Thank you for letting us participate on your nice holiday experiences and impressions. Your enthusiasm about the hotel in generally, about the customer service and hospitality at Voyage Bodrum makes us happy and proud. We are looking forward to see you again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for 10 nights all inclusive, April into May. From the minute we arrived at the hotel the customer service was excellent. You are greeted by friendly reception staff and a fresh lemonade- very welcoming. We were then escorted to our room and shown the essentials- safe & minibar: both free for the duration of your stay. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, an excellent shower and great air con. We chose a seaview room with balcony which was perfect for sitting out in the sun to catch a few rays before breakfast. If you are a light sleeper like myself you may hear the cockerells nearby but it didnt bother me infact it saved me setting an alarm! Who wants to sleep all day on holiday anyway?! The food is excellent always a great selection at all meal times. The made to order omelettes at breakfast are delicious and the beach bar lunch menu was our favourite. Thank you to Gokhan and Emrah for great service- these guys work hard! Also thanks to the waitress at the beach bar, we are sorry we have forgotten your name :( The upstairs patisserie is delicious, you can feel the clalories going on just as you look! The only thing i wasn't keen on at mealtimes was the cats but they only roam looking for food outdoors so if you're not so keen on cats just eat inside the restaurant! There are ice creams and fruit also available from the new fruity bar, Yalcin who works there always made us laugh! The pool is lovely and Very cold!! You have to be up early as the comfy beds are taken fast but there are loads of loungers on the private beach too where you have waiter service for your drinks, very relaxing. The drinks are fab! All branded including malibu and jack daniels and the bar staff are great at remembering your drinks order! Special thanks to Osan and Hakan at the beach bar and Burak in the lobby bar- delicious cocktails (try the strawberry daiquiri!) Emtertainment is limited really and the live acts are more for the older generation which would be expected as this is the main cliental. Serdar the DJ plays lots of good music later at night in the beach bar and is happy to take requests. Overall we really cannot fault this hotel, the customer service is outstanding and we will definitely be back! Steff & Steve, Scotland

• Stayed April 2014
11 Thank SteffDey
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear “Steff & Steve”,

Thank you for letting us participate on your nice and enjoyable holiday experiences. It is gratifying to know that we could get you enthusiastic about the Voyage Bodrum where you could find outstanding offers and personalized service on a very high level.
We are looking forward to see you again to enjoy another unforgettable holiday with you.

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Really great hotel best all inclusive we have ever stayed in really friendly and helpful staff the choice and quality of the food and drink was really good they had all the brand names of the alcohol and very tasty food. Waiters would go out there way to help you and although always very busy they had a smile on there faces the only problem with the waiters was the braces they wore always slipping off there shoulders when they trying to carry a lot of things it didn't help I felt sorry for them .reception staff always helped us with any enquiries Rooms where really clean and tidy ,we had a room with balcony and sea view what an amazing view it was well worth the extra charge and a free mini bar which was replenished every day. plus there was a taxi boat just out side the hotel on the sea front was only 6td £1.50 to get to bodrum town centre took 15 mins great holiday thank you to all the staff who helped us have a great time

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookable Holidays

4 Thank Janine F
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Bodrum, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear “Janine F”,

Thank you very much for sharing your nice review full with praising words here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you felt very comfortable and had a great time at Voyage Bodrum. It would be nice to see you again at our hotel.