“Not a Hotel this is a Hovel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst ive ever seen”

Salinas Beach Hotel
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel should be avoided at all costs. We were shown a tiny room to start with, then a slightly larger one and finally given a family room. We were woken by dogs which were tied up in the boat yard next to our room andn when the boats were sanded the sawdust came into the room. The staff were unfriendly. The place was filthy and there were broken lights. The food I wouldnt give to a dog. We moved hotels on the second day. Totally ruined my holiday. We didnt eat the food we didnt get served to drinks it was too much trouble for staff. The pool was green and around it was filthy. The pathways were so uneven you could easily have an accident. I could not have stayed in this hovel it was worst ive ever seen,

Room Tip: My tip is dont go!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dawn C

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Just returned from the Salinas. It's not quite a 3 star but you get what you pay for. Rooms need updating, food quite good (caters for Turkish rather than English which was fine with me). The man working behind the bar was one of the most unfriendly, lazy people I have ever met. He never smiled, at times was more intested in his laptop rather than serving you and at times he would even walk off when he saw you approaching the bar to get a drink. It was all inclusive but he made you feel uncomfortable whenever you wanted a drink. When he was on shift the music at the pool was always pumped up too load much to the annoyance of most of the guests. All other staff were reasonably friendy. I wouldn't say it was awful but I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jazza555
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I take total responsibility for ended up in the complete hole . We book last minute still it wasn't cheap for 1 week allinclusive,lets just say it was non inclusive myself my partner and 3 children were given a family room so small we had to stack cases in the tiny hall. shower was leaking as soon as we got in the room which lead to my 2 yr daughter sliping and falling ! To cut a long story short taps hanging off aircon leaking and not working properly we were given a cot which I was mortified by ripped rusty, wheels hanging off . Swimming pool area was dirty out door showers had pipes exposed .we didn't eat one single meal or drink one single drink . Food was exposed to files didn't cater for british, drinks were served from bottles left to go flat and unrefridgerated juice machine gave out Luke warm water, certain staff members were rude as were certain housekeepers . No wheelchair or pushchair acess at front of hotel the only ramp available the cleaner saw it fit to block up with bags of sheets and towels ! Paths to rooms were uneven and we struggled to push a buggy on them shall I go on !

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Lauelizluctil
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Arrived at Salinas Beach to be shown a tiny room, with about a foot of space around the double bed, and a bathroom which had a folding door, as there wasn't enough space to open it into the room! It was clean and we had a good night's sleep though, and in all honesty, how much time do you even spend in your room on holiday?
The bar staff and the chef were very friendly, and the chef did the best he could with limited ingredients,and always managed to prepare something tasty (Turkish brussel sprouts - a new experience, but very nice!)
Word of warning though: the hotel is geared towards the Turkish guests, who could be very rude, and very greedy - think nothing of taking three loaves of bread for a table of four, and leaving over half of it to be wasted. So make sure you get to the buffet early to avoid going hungry!
All in all, we paid around £350 for two weeks all inclusive - you get what you pay for and this was well worth it.

Room Tip: If you're given a tiny room and it bothers you, ask to change - I understand that some of the ro...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LeedsM
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Hi all,
I spend 7 nights in Salinas Beach Hotel and honestly, I longed for leaving it. Our room was not cleaned after the previous guests had left, to begin with. I know that "hygiene" has various meanings for everyone, but still: miserable bathroom, dust all over, sheets changed only once for 7 days. Everyone in the hotel was friendly, but not helpful. Very good location, no fitness centre, no other activities except for swimming in the pool. Yes, you get what you pay for, but I cannot accept a lack of hygiene in the rooms given the fact that I stay in one place for 7 nights. Next time I will pay more.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Srebrina M
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I am Polish but I feel also Turkish fifty fifty since last summer holiday which ı spent my holiday in Salinas ! :) Before coming to Turkey ı am not sure becouse of my prejudices.We did the best thing to prefer this hotel.In terms of cleaning,deliciousness of the food,evening entertaintment suchs as (Turkish Night Party),the waitres and the other workers' caring attitudes all of these wonderful.If ı go to Bodrum once more,ı know that ı have a warm family home in Gümbet my new loving house's name is Salinas :))

Room Tip: All of the rooms at the hotel are cute and clean
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Sanne M
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel further out than we thought good 10-15 walk into bar street or 10lira in a taxi!!! Hotel full of Turkish on holiday some very rude and arrogant no consideration for anyone else, even the staff at the hotel were getting frustrated with them. The hotel was clean and tidy room service everyday but we did have a couple of problems that were not resolved whilst we were their!!!! Food at the hotel was nice but very repetitive and you had to get their early or the Turkish would have taken it all!!!!! The staff at the hotel were very friendly and could not do enough for you. Some nights they had entertainment that went on till the early hours of the morning not good when your traveling home in the middle of the night and had limited sleep!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends