“Genuinely nice people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 100 Hotels in Bodrum City
Virginia
“Genuinely nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I came to the Merhaba quite by accident. I missed my bus and went back to my original hotel to find that it had booked up. The owner called his friend who owns the Merhaba, who came and picked me up on his scooter and took me there. No overpriced taxi! I then rented a 3 bed room as a private room for a few lira off the regular private room price advertised. The young guy who worked there was especially cool, spoke good English and chatted with me for a while about computers and Turkey, making me feel at home. The next day he took me on his scooter (again, free of charge though I gladly gave him a tip) right to the door of my bus at the bus station. The rooms were simple and clean, like a well-run hostel; the hot water was plenty hot and the free WiFi was plenty fast for emailing and web browsing. I think they sort of felt bad that I'd missed my bus, and maybe the other hotel felt bad that they couldn't accommodate me again, because I was treated really well and given a lot of help. Even though I usually don't stay in hostels, I would recommend this place without hesitation to anyone who does. The staff at the Merhaba are a rare combination of laid back AND hard working to make you feel at home. And that's just what I needed after feeling like an idiot for missing my bus! :) Thanks!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Emil_J_Padar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
coronado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Tsunami (the owner?) picked us up AND dropped us back off at the bus station, even rushed out to get us there on time. Clean and comfortable and friendly, with the best location of all the places in town I think. Get here before this hostel, town and whol;e Country raises it's prices, which I am sure is inevitable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank supvicki
Istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2008

Although the rooms are far from luxurious, the Otel Merhaba far exceeded our expectations. I've stayed in dozens of hostels and cheap hotels, but the rooms here were the cleanest and most comfortable I've experienced. The people were helpful and even gave us a ride to the bus station when we left, extra blankets, and let us crank the heat. It was only 10 euro per person, which is great for people on a budget. If you're looking for a clean, safe place to stay, this is the place for you.

• Liked — Customer service
  • Disliked — The shower
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank StudentTraveler16