“Small Cozy Hotel”
Review of Hotel Merhaba

Hotel Merhaba
Ranked #72 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me and my friends stayed only one night in Merhaba hotel. The location is great, very close to the harbour. You have to call them up to pick you from the bus station, because walking there and finding the hotel is pretty difficult. The room we got is very small but cozy, and the wi-fi works fantastic. Don't expect a fancy hotel room though, it's very basic, small and functional - that's about it. One thing I remembered is that our toilet door couldn't even close. Definitely for budget travellers. But for the price, I think it’s pretty good and the owner Idris is a really nice as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank dinamalyana

Reviewed 7 June 2014

It's is perfect hotel for someone who are looking for budget and located near main beach street.
It's located just at the end of the main beach street. So u may hear some music from night club but still ok to have good sleep.
Staffs are really kindly and helpful.
Room condition is affordable with budget price.
Most advantage thing of this hotel is nice rooftop terrace.
Even it is kind of budget hotel but it has really awesome terrace viewing everything belong the beach. Especially night scenary on the rooftop terrace is very cool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yong4824
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This simple budget hotel is in good location to city centre of Bodrum...walk 5 minutes to beginning of harbor and shops/restaurants. Clean, rooftop terrace for included breakfast, and the owner Idris not only picked us up from the ferry terminal and took us to the bus terminal, but when we left Bodrum on the bus, he met the bus on the outskirts of Bodrum to return the camera my friend had left at the hotel!! Who else would have done that?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel is at the end of one of the main bar streets in Bodrum, about a 10-15 minute walk from the city center. The rooms are decent for the price you pay and get the job done and we had no problem with the cleanliness and found it well kept. The staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to have genuine interest in how you're doing. They have free wifi that is fast as well as a computer for you to use if need be, also breakfast is included from 8-10.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and will try to come back if I return to Bodrum.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Kevin N
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My spouse and I made a reservation through Venere.com to stay at Hotel Merhaba during Bayram, which the hotel confirmed two weeks prior to our arrival. We also called the hotel two days before arriving to reconfirm our reservation and arrange for someone to pick us up from the bus station.

After calling the hotel from the Bodrum bus station someone came to pick us up. All was well, until we discovered that they were driving us to a different hotel (called Hotel Amber) NOT Hotel Merhaba. We were waiting in the lobby of hotel Amber very confused as to what was going on, and nobody explained anything to us until we finally asked for an explanation. A man there from Hotel Merhaba quietly explained that his hotel had overbooked its rooms because they "didn't realize" they had already made several online reservation confirmations. He told us that we had to stay at Hotel Amber because all the other hotels in town were fully booked due to the holiday, and he told us that if we wanted to stay at Hotel Amber we had to pay in advance, before even seeing the room. We refused to pay without first seeing the room. So they brought us to see the room, which we were horrified by, but in the end we realized we had no choice but to take it since our whole itinerary was already planned and because it was Bayram.

Hotel Amber turned out to be one of the most horrible hotels we have ever stayed in. NO ONE at the hotel spoke any English at all, not even "hello". The room was filthy. It was clear that the bathroom had not been cleaned in weeks, as evidenced in the thick layer of build-up covering the toilet, sink and mirror. The floor in the room was covered in grime and sticky spills. There were ants everywhere, and two of the door handles (one leading into the bathroom and one on the balcony door) were broken off and completely rusted out. There were cigarette burn-holes in the pillow cases, and there was only one single-size bed sheet for a queen-size bed. They did not have bath towels either, only small face towels. Also, there was no toilet paper in the bathroom when we first arrived, so we informed them about it and they brought us a roll that was soaking wet. When I pointed this out, the man just shrugged and said "sorry" (this was the only English word they spoke to us at the hotel throughout our entire 3-night stay). We were forced to buy our own toilet paper from a supermarket up the street. To make the situation even more uncomfortable, there were drunk people passed out all over the hotel lobby and terrace area during the morning hours.

Hotel Merhaba's management is clearly inept, and you can have no security that your reservation will guarantee you a room. This posting is not the only one complaining of Hotel Merhaba not honoring its reservation confirmations.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Laurel G
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The pics are lieing - the hotel is really small and very dirty - Up on arrival they appologized that the hotel is fully booked and now place for us, even the confirmation bellow - and they have tried to put us in another hotel which was really bad so I refused it - as well, they refused to refund me the booking deposit - we ended up with our lagguage down the street for couple of hours until we found another hotel on spot

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank George K
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I came to the Merhaba quite by accident. I missed my bus and went back to my original hotel to find that it had booked up. The owner called his friend who owns the Merhaba, who came and picked me up on his scooter and took me there. No overpriced taxi! I then rented a 3 bed room as a private room for a few lira off the regular private room price advertised. The young guy who worked there was especially cool, spoke good English and chatted with me for a while about computers and Turkey, making me feel at home. The next day he took me on his scooter (again, free of charge though I gladly gave him a tip) right to the door of my bus at the bus station. The rooms were simple and clean, like a well-run hostel; the hot water was plenty hot and the free WiFi was plenty fast for emailing and web browsing. I think they sort of felt bad that I'd missed my bus, and maybe the other hotel felt bad that they couldn't accommodate me again, because I was treated really well and given a lot of help. Even though I usually don't stay in hostels, I would recommend this place without hesitation to anyone who does. The staff at the Merhaba are a rare combination of laid back AND hard working to make you feel at home. And that's just what I needed after feeling like an idiot for missing my bus! :) Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo