“Excellent - still the best hotel in Bodrum!”
Review of Aegean Gate Hotel

Aegean Gate Hotel
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This is my second visit to the Aegean Gate Hotel and I'm pleased to say that it is just as good as last year. The whole experience has the perfect blend of high standards and relaxed informality. Gary and Rory are superb - friendly, helpful and considerate.

One aspect of the hotel that has become clearer on the second visit is that it seems to attracts likeable people as guests - everyone we have met has been charming and polite and there is a really good atmosphere round the bar area in the evening. The perfect size of the hotel means that conversation is easy but you can also easily find space for quiet quality time. Robert

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobertPN
There are newer reviews for Aegean Gate Hotel

Reviewed 6 April 2011

What I loved the most about Aegean Gate Hotel is the location where it is situated. What a lovely treat to eyes it offers, especially those streets guided by the dense rows of Boganvillia. As for the amenities available with the hotel, you will hardly get a thing to complain about. The suites were spacious and were adorned well with modern facilities.

I loved everything in the foods served, my wife could not stop to praise the beverages served. A lazy stroll by the pool and lawn was indeed romantic for both us, the weather added much to the mood. However, we could have walked down the streets but we opted to stay in only as we already had enough of sight-seeing before coming to the Aegean.

Also, I was impressed to see that Rory and Gary, the owners, are real animal lovers. They have brought up a good number pet cats and dogs… guess what.. they all had their names too. It’s nice of them, you will not usually get to see such things at other hotels perhaps, at least for me, it was the first experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Derevyanko
Reviewed 11 December 2010

This hotel deserves its TripAdvisor rating as No. 1 hotel in Bodrum. My husband and I stayed three nights in October. We had a spacious suite (separate bedroom and lounge) on the top floor with a large balcony to enjoy the stunning sea views and the Greek island in the distance. The hotel is set in a quiet residential area and the doorway from the street is covered in boganvillia. Once inside, the hotel is paved in glorious travertine marble which sets off the swimming pool so well and gives a sense of light and cleanliness.

Rory and Gary are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. There's a sense of tranquility at the Aegean Gate Hotel which I absorbed like a sponge. I always feel at home when animals are about and in Turkey there are always free roaming cats and dogs. Gary and Rory have taken the socially responsible course and neutered their community cats and dogs, and they are a sight to behold - healthy, placid and contented. Do consider giving a donation to them if you care about such things, to help with neutering etc. - they have set the benchmark for other hotelliers to follow. And, if you don't particularly care for animals, please stay at the Aegean Gate Hotel anyway, as the animals are not at all intrusive.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan C
Reviewed 23 October 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Aegean gate this past August and I have to say it was out favorite part of our entire trip to Turkey. Not only was the room spacious, clean and offered spectacular views but our hosts Gary and Rory made sure everything else was perfect as well. From arranging car service to pick us up at the airport, to all the fabulous restaurant recommendations and everything else in between. Some of the most fun we had was staying up at the bar and sharing a few ( many) drinks and laughs with our spectacular hosts.
The icing on the cake was on our last night they stayed up late to make sure they wished us farewell and due to our early departure stocked our fridge with breakfast so we wouldn't leave for the airport hungry. I have never left a hotel feeling sad, like I was leaving family. There is a reason that these guys have spectacular reviews on trip advisor... THEY DESERVE IT!

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank Turbonaz
Reviewed 17 October 2010

After spending a week in hectic Istanbul, Bodrum was such a nice surprise, and the Aegean Gate Hotel was just the right place to relax. We had a top level suite, where the view from the balcony is simply breath-taking. Upon arrival, both Rory and Gary were quick to help us with the luggage, and also gave us a lot of useful tips on restaurants in town. It takes about 20-25 minutes to reach town. However, as the hotel is located up a hill, the clmb uphill on the way back is certainly not for the faint-hearted. However, taxis are readily available in town, and there is even a bus that takes you into town for 2.5TL.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much. We spent a few lazy mornings and afternoons just reading our books and enjoying by the pool. Breakfast is served between 9-11am, so you can easily have a lie-in. Another big draw for me were all the cats - there were so many of them, and they all have names. However, they were not intrusive at all.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing time while in Bodrum, and is at home with animals.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank TanDublin_Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My sister and I spent 4 nights at the Aegean Gate in late September. Our decision to stay at this fine small hotel was clinched by the top Trip Advisor rating. Our hosts, Gary and Rory were incredibly accommodating--we felt like we were guests in their home. The location for the Aegean Gate is wonderful--high above the craziness of the harbors (it was nice to visit there but not to stay). We had a car and visited all the nearby ruins and it was always wonderful to return to the hotel--so relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Doxielvr
Reviewed 30 September 2010

This is a small and very clean hotel owned by two kind and helpful irish men. The rooms are spacious, the pool is nice and the views of the sea very pleasant. It is located on top of a hill and 25 min walking (10 min by taxi) from the castle. There is so much to do in Bodrum and the distances are quite big that we would recommend renting a car.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple