“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Bodrum City
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had a fantastic week here. The weather was great and the pool and pool area was gorgeous. Being May it was fairly quiet so often we were the only ones by the pool.
Rooms were beautiful with a large comfortable bed, and all look out over the pool area.
Breakfast was good, with a variety of things to try. It is possible to get an omlette if you ask. The staff are young but very friendly and are happy to help. The service in the restaurant is not exactly 5 star, but they do try and are friendly Just need some training.
Originally our room was located above the room housing the pool filters, which was very noisy at night when the window was left ajar. But we were able to change rooms.
Food at the pool bar was good, but drinks are expensive. I think if they dropped the prices at the bar a lira or 2 they would sell more. They also need to do a little more service around the pool area. Overall it was a great Hotel and we would return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muinchkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
manchester
Reviewed 13 July 2011

An hotel that lives up to its rating I enjoyed being looked after for a week wish I had booked a fortnight. I would reccomend all inclusive as drink prices are astronomical,( approximately £12 a pint!!!).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tankman087
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Very impressed on arrival has a very welcoming reception. To agree with other guests the hotel was faultlessly clean, staff attentive nice rooms and very nice pool area. Not overcrowded always found a good space.
But...... very overpriced food and drink, which they need to review, i would have spent more time at hotel if food and drink was not priced so high. having said that the food quality was very good! Did not like the fact that they don't display prices on food and drink menu. equally high prices to use hotel phone especially to call within turkey.
The hotel location was good, out of of action but only short walk to bodrum town and even nearer to lively gumbet. The immediate surrounding of hotel a bit "tatty".
I really enjoyed my stay.... i would recommend this hotel, but unless they review food and drink prices, i would say sample their menu - perhaps once and then explore local cuisine as they are of a good standard and much better priced. there is also the local supermarket minutes away, where you can top up on supplies.
And finally the spa..... dont leave without having your turkish bath!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
East Midlands
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Although this is a lovely hotel I am not sure if I would make the effort for a return visit, for me it was great, but not exceptional.

The hotel is modern and the rooms surround a beautiful pool area. The sun beds are comfortable and, for the most part, readily available. The staff were attentive and always available to assist when necessary. The hotel offers free wi-fi throughout the resort and this was a major ‘plus’ and, I have to say, one of the significant influencers for me when I was deciding where to stay.

The hotel has a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner. Although my package included breakfast, I resisted the temptation and limited myself to coffee by the pool, therefore I can’t comment on the quality of the breakfast. However, I did have dinner at the hotel twice and I have to say, that although the menu was very limited, the food was excellent and not badly priced when compared to restaurants in Bodrum.

Other reviewers have criticised the hotels drink prices and I wholeheartedly agree with them. The management of the hotel should seriously review their strategy because, in my humble opinion, they are losing business and, most likely, a great deal of goodwill as a consequence of attempting to charge extortionate prices to a captive audience. Throughout my 2 week stay, there were rarely more than 2 or 3 people in the ‘Calypso Bar’ and people around the pool area appeared to prefer bottled water purchased from a local store. I noted, with interest, that when guests wanted to get out of the sun, they tended to retire to their rooms rather than the bar and for me, this speaks volumes.

At night, the restaurant was also empty and I believe this is because of a limited menu and the price of the drinks. I feel sure that if the hotel reduced drink prices by 40-50%, they would gain substantially more business with a significant increase in custom.

The rooms were modern and included everything from a robe to a sewing kit. My only criticism is that the bathroom was a little cramped and the air conditioning was ineffective, taking maybe 4 or 5 hours before it would cool the room. However, the rooms were kept spotlessly keen by the hard working cleaners and they are a credit to this hotel. The beds were large and very comfortable.

A taxi into Bodrum costs between £4 and £7 depending. The taxis are metered, but the drivers take different routes to and from the hotel, hence the difference. The Marina at Bodrum has many restaurants and I would recommend the ‘Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant’ and ‘The Korfez’. Prices are relatively high, as is the case with most of the restaurants on the Marina, but the service and quality of the food was excellent. Expect to pay around £70 for two people. However, if you can resist the Marina, there are some excellent restaurants in Bodrum and the prices are 30-40% less.

In summary, there is nothing bad about The Bodrium, but it is certainly not an exceptional hotel. If you can live with the highly priced drinks, a rather cramped bathroom and ineffective air conditioning, then you really can’t go wrong. I enjoyed my stay, but I wouldn’t go again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Slobba
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I'm staying here now, sat on a sun filled balcony writing this on my phone via the free hotel wifi. The pool is fantastic, the spa itself utterly breathtaking. Have a massage booked for tomorrow on a half price deal. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice. Staff are attentive without being in your face. I'd come back no question.. Well, oh yes, there is that one thing that very nearly got me on a flight straight home. Bodrum wakes to a call to prayer at 5am.. It's loud, and permeates every building. If you can sleep through it great, if like me you can't.. Get used to wailing voices waking you at 5am every day!

• Stayed June 2011
Hammamet, Tunisia
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This stay was wonderful in every sense of the word. The reception desk attendants were overly helpful, the breakfast was great, the grounds were lovely. There was nothing about this hotel that was wrong. Our stay exceeded our expectations. We will return without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank littlecougar
Dublin
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Lovely boutique hotel between Bodrum and Gumbet. The pool area is gorgeous an relaxing. The sunbeds are so comfortable. This is a perfect hotel for couples. the hotel offers the chance to visit a beach club, take the opportunity if you can the Mexican food a the resort is lovely. There is another beach club that they took us too and it was on the beach in Gumbet and absolutely filthy, so make sure you go to the TEX MEX one. I would love to return for a week of chilling. My only complaint is the price of drinks and food at the bar. Total rip off!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple