“Lovely place to stay”

Tosunoglu Apart Otel
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Bodrum City
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I was very unsure about this place before we arrived, but just spent 2 fab weeks here. Apartments are basic but spotlessly clean. Bed linen & towels changed often. Owners can't do enough for you, all very friendly. Pool cleaned daily, loads of sunbeds, don't have to be up at 5 to get a space. Food good. Apartments could do with a little work on the kitchen units & bedroom furniture, which would take them up to the next level. Looking forward to going back next year.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Katrina F

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have just got back from my first holiday with my girlfriend Becky! I have never been to turkey before and was unsure what to expect. As Becky did all the bookings and sorted out all the details I was in the dark about it all, and to wake up on the first morning was nothing but a massively present surprise.
The grounds of the apartments was lovely and filled with plants and trees, all surrounded the large central pool.
Our room was massive (204) and had a good size pool view balcony with full table and chairs.
The bedroom was also large with to large single beds which the maids kindly joined together and made it into a make shift (comfortable) double.
This was followed throughout the week with fresh linen and towels everyday or every other day for linen. The rooms were quiet at night which was nice as we were often very tired.
Then we tested out the bar, and having read our reviews before we came we were expecting to meet Lucky!
And we weren't disappointed! This man makes the hotel what it is! He is the most laid back and gentle guy, yet has a wicked sense of humour and trickery.
He made our stay special, especially when we returned from late night outs and he was there ready with 'one or two for the road'
He worked so hard all week and even let Becky have a go behind the bar which made her night!
The place is family run and this is obvious in all aspects. The chef is one half of team of brothers who seem to manage the complex and they do a great job.
Alway around and about to speak to about anything or answer questions you have to ask. Nothing is to much trouble!
The pool is just big enough and during the day it's lovely and cool, just nice to relax out of the sun for a while! Nice and deep in the middle and shallow at the ends. Just right!
The food was something we didn't really try as we like to eat out however the breakfasts we did have most mornings!
A full cooked English breakfast with double egg and sausage will cost you 12tl (about £3.80) and it's cooked to perfection!
Also the homemade chips are great to fill a gap in the afternoon!
This place really is a great place to go if you want to avoid the expense of the 'posh' places and yet still be comfortable and well looked after.
It's only a short walk from the main strip/ shops and bars and an easy dolmas ride away from bodrum town centre!
To sum up then,
I would fully recommend this place for any family, with or with out kids, younger couple looking for fun or anyone else for that matter!
Just make sure if you do book in be sure to tell Lucky and the rest of the family 'Jack and Becky say hello'

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank JackNorthrop
Reviewed 19 June 2014

ive just got back 16th june 2014 fromn this hotel ,,,,,,, im not the sort of lady that pay for 3 star and wanting 5 ,,,,,, and i tell ya what i have never enjoyed a holiday lik this one in this apts ,,,,, the rooms are clean the bathroom was clean and nice towels every 2 days maids in aall the time plenty loo roll,,, rambo is nt there ive never met him,,,,, but the food id still tasty tell ya whowe did meet LUCKY hahahahahahaahhaahahahahahe eee whats he lik tho i didnt lik him at 1st thought he was to moody n cheaky but after a hour he grows on ya bless him he duz everything will defo go bk its family owned the rest of them are just spot on .....so will dun you lot miss u already

Room Tip: just read up
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anne19612013
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

In Gumbet for the millionth time and this is the first time staying here. Only been here a day but wanted to say its an ok hotel yes it is basic but its ok so far. Will put a proper review on at the end of the holiday because there has been no reviews this year which worried us :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gabby S
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for 9 nights recently and got a great price for it on Fresh Holidays website.

The apartments are slightly out of the centre of Gumbet travelling towards Bodrum and this meant that they were quieter at night. They have a convenient little mini market run by Ali and his family directly across the road and you can pick up all the basics there. Ali is also a taxi driver and will give you a good price for any trips you want to make.

The dolmus mini buses pass right outside the door of the apartments and will take you to Bodrum centre for 3TL (£1).

The apartments themselves are family run. The owners are very friendly and work hard to keep the gardens looking lovely. The pool is a good size and has plenty of sun beds and shade for those who prefer it. There is a pool bar selling drinks and snacks. We had food there some evenings too when the owners arranged a curry night and BBQ night. Both were excellent value for money. The barmen including Lucky were very nice and we had no issues with them at all.

The apartments are located all round the pool area in blocks of 2. The ground floor ones are cooler and have a slightly larger terrace than the upstairs ones which have a balcony. The apartments themselves are pretty big and there is plenty of space for either a group of friends or a family. The beds were clean and comfortable. There was decent storage space too.

We were pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of the complex and will definitely be returning again. We have stayed in a variety of different places around Bodrum and Gumbet and these by far were the best value for money.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are cooler.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank loving_istanbul63
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I would upload my pics but my phone was stolen by the staff at Club Fora in Bodrum (hint - don't go there!).
I visited stayed here from the 12th - 19th of Sep 2013. We were two girls in our mid twenties.
Apartments are very basic, basically a roof over your head while your in Turkey. You have to pay for the AC or a fan to be put in your room which wasn't made clear. You're not provided with simple things like anything to wash your dishes with, cleaners didn't do much if i'm honest, toilet roll wasn't even replaced.
As we got to the apartment it was a bit dirty. My sheets had stains on them, the fridge had orange and brown stains all over and the shower was a bit mucky. The shower goes hot and cold too and I could only use wi-fi by the pool.
Food and drink at the bar is pretty standard (had to return food once or twice), only ate there when I was lazy to walk into town.
The managers were completely unhelpful when I approached them about my phone being stolen. (THE PHONE STORY - Went to a police station near the club who wouldnt help me and sent me to the central police station which is a taxi ride away. They are all turkish men who refuse to help tourists, they only look out for their own. Anyway, i explained that I needed a police report to claim my phone back via insurance, an english speaking policeman gave me this [--] about needing a translator before I could do anything, even though he spoke english! Translators are also very expensive. The worst part was that they claim you need a translator and then they don't provide you with one. He tried to offer me a translators number....well duhh my phone has been stolen! I've never seen such a messed up police system. They basically wouldnt help me, I tried asking a some guys I was familiar with to come down to the police station and help me translate and no one would help as we're simply tourists to them). So the managers of my apartment said they can't help and to go back to club Fora and ask one of the staff to go with me to report it...Right so the same people who stole my phone will want to go with me to the police station...good advice huh?
Anyway I realize i'm rambling on a bit, there's shops close to the apartments and the town is about a 10-20 min walk. A bus to Bodrum is £1. Food and alcohol are £2-10. Be careful of certain activities like the baths and massages as they are done by men, I had a pervy man do my massage and it was a horrible experience (cant go into details here!). If you like a good party then stay in Gumbet as Bodrum is a bit dry for the party scene, only try Catamaran which is the boat party.
To get back to the airport get a normal bus to Bodrum and they have coaches which are 10TL to the airport, much better value than taxi's.
Its what you pay for and I would have rated it a little more if the place was cleaner, the food was nicer and I felt more welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Abi-8
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just had to post a quick comment in response to Charlotte C's post !
Toilet Roll cost about 10 pence in English Money so lets be honest its hardly breaking the Bank having to buy your own toilet roll !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#10 of 98 in Bodrum City
Ali Baba Hotel
Ali Baba Hotel
#20 of 101 in Gumbet

Been to Tosunoglu Apart Otel? Share your experiences!