“ambrosia hotel bitez”

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Leeds, United Kingdom
“ambrosia hotel bitez”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

just returned from 2 weeks in ambrosia . very good hotel very good food (if do not pick overcooked veges.) plenty of good salad with seafood , fish etc. soups & fresh cooked meats inc. steak, chicken, also good local food & desserts . rooms very good ask for pool view . staff also very good

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pafoz
Ambrosiabeach, General Manager at Ambrosia Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience with us .Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves and hopefully we will see you again next year
Joy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

i recently stayed at the Art Bodrum Hotel the Twin to the Ambrosia.
Every day we took the free shutel to the Ambrosia to use their Beech.
The staff were really friendly and chatty and very helpfull suppling us with drinks etc,
The member of staff who was particularly helpfull was the manager (he had a look of Richard Geer) we did not get to know his real name .
But his service was second to none .
He was so pleasant , freindly and helpfull at all times .
It was a pleasure to have made his acqaintance.
We are strongly considering staying there next year.
This was our first trip to Borum and we enjoyed every minute of it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ambrosiabeach, General Manager at Ambrosia Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
So good to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and İ will pass on your kind remarks to "Richard Geer "it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us at some stage in the future , again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I travelled alone for the first time, having lost my husband earlier this year. We had stayed here (B&B only) last October and had been very impressed. When booking I asked for a room on the higher floor overlooking the pool and got exactly what I asked for. The facilities were all in excellent order, (shower - hot and poweful, fridge - cold, patio window - opened and closed safe-safe!). As I was alone I booked for breakfast and dinner this time as I was unsure about walking out at night. The friendly, polite and hardworking staff could not have looked after me better, in the dining areas, the bars, at the beach and even the maid who kept my room spotless every day. "Richard Gere" remembered me from our visit last year and always made sure I was happy and comfortable. The resort of Bitez is absolutely beautiful and I did venture out most nights early evening before dinner and did not feel uneasy at all. As this was my 4th time in the resort many of the bar owners and the local travel agents at Almira and Indiana remembered me and always had time for a chat, along with the staff at the lovely Lemon Tree restaurant, where the owner even offered to collect me and bring me back afterwards if I wanted to stay out later. The Ambrosia has an outstanding position on Bitez beach and there is a lovely viewing deck above the pool where you can sit in the late afternoon and watch the sun go down over the crystal waters of the Aegean, absolutely beautiful. The only ever so slightly negative comment I can make is that the buffet at dinner was just average, but still sufficiently varied every day. There was always something to suit. Part way through the week dinner was brought forward from 7:30 to 7:00. I was a bit disappointed by this as I preferred eating later at around 8:30. However, you can't please everyone. Other guests commented to me that they found the change much better. I strongly recommend this hotel and, although I have only stayed at 2 other ones in Bitez (both very good in their own ways), from what I have seen the Ambrosia looks to be the best one. Thanks Ambrosia for making my first holiday as a lone traveller a very pleasant and memorable one.

Room Tip: My room was number 233 and had a view overlooking the pool. The sun streamed in during the early mo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Janice H
Ambrosiabeach, General Manager at Ambrosia Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hı Janice
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us ,thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.İ will pass along your remarks to our staff and again thank you , it was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look foreward to seeing you again , perhaps next season
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have just returned home from our 8th visit over 4years to the Ambrosia Hotel. We have never been disappointed on any of our visits and have never had any complaints about the rooms,cleanliness, staff or food but it just keeps getting better and better.

Situated right on the seafront looking across to Kos Island the Ambrosia must have one of the best locations in Bitez. Add to this good size rooms which are cleaned and sheets changed every day and staff who are attentive to all guests (and not just the pretty girls as some people suggest).

There is an excellent choice of food, which some people complain about because it is not English and chips every night. If that is what you want yes stay at home or go to Spain. Why not try something different - you never know you might enjoy it.

All in all the Ambrosia offers a great value for money holiday experience and this is why we have already booked 2 weeks for next May and 2 weeks for next September and look forward to seeing many old friends who return year after year and meeting many happy new guests.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank DavidHoney
Hi David
Thank you so much for your kind words, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us (the hotel seems a bıt empty wıthout the two of you) and we look foreward to having you stay wirh us next year .Thank you again
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Roll out of the hotel and your on the beach where the friendly staff continue to look after you. An excellent place to explore the Bodrum peninsula from, or just to stroll around Bitez. The hammam is really good.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the pool - you can also see the sea. Higher up is better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ambrosiabeach, General Manager at Ambrosia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words its good to hear you enjoyed yourself .We look foreward to seeing you ihopefully in the New Year
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just came back from Ambrosia yesterday. Visited with my wife and 2 years old Son. Hotel Is located on good location, Staff also helpfull, but more attentive to young girls. Room are good, stayed on groung floor. Bed linen changed everyday, but blankets were total disappointments for being a 4 star hotel. In blankets you can't even cover you full body. As weather got a bit cold at night duing our stay, we were struggling at nights.
Food is ok, not excellent. I know they caer for different people across te world but the choices are limited for being a British. Very bland food and NO touch of spice at all. If you cater for different people around the world, please kep in mind that people do eat some spices aswell, even one dish.
Hotel owner was nice, as my son was sruggling to eat for first couple of days, she did came to us and ask what would he eat and she ask saff to provide that for my son with every meal.
in 7 nights only 2 nights we had entertainment in hotel.
Hotel is good. Pools are nice and clean but a bit chilli water, so cant go into the water until after 2.
Located on the beach and plenty of beds avaiable.
Overall a great experience and enjoyed it, but i hope hotel management will take note of couple of poor points.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us , it was our pleasure to have you stay with us as to your son ,all guests big or small matter to us and in your sons case it was a pleasure to help him , he is such a little charmer. Your comments have been noted and İ will pass them along to the relevant departments and again thank you for sharing with us as your imput makes it easier for us to correct those issues which make our guests umcomfortable.
Hopefully we will see you both with your charming son next season
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a friend who owns 4 houses in Turkey but still pops in here for a week every year. I travel quite a bit so have been in some ropey and good places and paid a heck of a lot more money than I did to stay here.
A lot of the people we spoke to were on their second or third visit to the hotel.
Negative bit: Was in a room on 1st floor near to an office and the staff at 7:30 am could be heard talking and laughing as they went about their daily business. Solution: I put some ear plugs in and that sorted it! Not rocket science is it?
Good bit’s: Room was nice with air-con,TV, safe, on suite, very clean as it’s done daily etc etc, big reception area with wi-fi, TV, seating, Doctors office, bar, small shop, leading out to pool and view of the sea. The place is spotless.
Breakfast: Can’t understand how anyone can moan at what you get, you have the choice of cold foods inc meats, cheese, breads, olives and fruit then warm food I would recommend the omelette with cheese mushrooms ham and tomatoes. Then you can go back and have more
There are great seating areas on balconies overlooking the gardens and large comfy eating area and 2 bars nearly on the beach overlooking the bay.
Staff: What can I say? I found them all polite, friendly and will try to assist you in whatever you require. The lads down at the restaurant and bars were brilliant and the ladies have an older looking Richard Gere to serve and talk to them.
Special mention to Friat (Think that’s how you spell it) A young man with great smile and sense of humour who was running up and down the beach all day in the heat, getting people drinks and making sure the comfy sun beds were washed and clean.
Area: We ate in other restaurants in the bay in the evenings as there are loads just to try and get a taste for area and Turkish culture ,however on the night we were leaving we stayed in the hotel and went for the Mexican meat and chicken fajitas; I thought the table was going to collapse with the amount of food served up. For 3 adults had starters, meals, 1 Beer, 1 Wine, 1 cocktail and large bottles of water 120 TL (£40) in a hotel??
I felt a good quality hotel and a very reasonable cost We will be adding this place to one where we spend a week at each year.
TIP: If you run out of cash go to post office at Bodrum and you can get Stirling out of cash machine and then just exchange it in any of the local establishments where you will get about 3:20 TL per pound.

Room Tip: I stayed in 307 and it was very close to an office which was noisy early in the morning and not much...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wybunbury1
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us . İt was our pleasure to have you stay with us
Joy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bitez
Doria Hotel Bodrum
Summer Garden Apart Hotel
El Vino Hotel & Suites
El Vino Hotel & Suites
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Ambrosia Hotel? Share your experiences!