“Luck of the draw”

Summer Garden Apart Hotel
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday here. Location is good, short walk to the beach. The accommodation is very basic and some rooms are better than others. Where you end up appears to be random. Heard from other people about the dreaded basement rooms that they were given. They were moved after complaining but you do not need this hassle when you arrive for your holiday. Would recommend the Turkish bath in the hotel, very relaxing. Cannot comment on the hotel staff as did not use the pool or the bar in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZIGBAR

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Bitez as a holiday resort absolutely wonderful. Accomodation poor. We were placed in basement apartment which was dark and depressing. Beds and pillows disgustingly uncomfortable and difficult to sleep on. We had no chairs to sit and relax on when we were in apartment Despite requests to be moved and to at least be given comfortable seating all denied. Most of our hoiday spent out and about as we could,nt bear to spend time in accommodation and felt it spoiled the experience of Bitez for us. Prior to holiday we had requested adjacent rooms with a balcony all denied Would not recommend this resort for holiday. Resort manager annoyed with us for complaining and unhelpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy D
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family and I previously stayed at this hotel 2yrs ago on our first trip to Bitez. Back then the hotel and surrounding areas were less commercialised and a lot cheaper. So naturally we decided to go back and have our first holiday after having a baby (who now is 1yr old). We also brought extended family with us to bring the group up to 11pax.
After this years experience NEVER AGAIN!
We booked the holiday back in January to ensure that our family holiday would be hassle free. One of the party needed a disabled room as she cannot walk and has to use a mobility scooter and frame to walk so steps were out of the question. She had stayed here twice more than us and had already had a tour of the ate free rooms. We sent email after email to request this specific room and got nothing in response. We eventually called and were promised a room with step free access and baby cots in 2 of the other rooms. In total we had booked 4 rooms, 1 disabled, 2 with baby cots, and 1 for the youngsters!
We arrived 10pm local time and were greeted by the manageress who informed us that unfortunately only 3 rooms were available for us none of which were disabled access. ( as my partner and I have both worked in the hotel industry, I'm a chef and she is a hotels manager for 4&5* properties in London, for a total of 15yrs we understand why hotels over book and we are more tolerable to acute slip ups)
We were told that the extra room would be available the next day, which it was, but that the disabled room wasn't available until 4 days later. The fact that we had booked this and were guaranteed the disabled room 9mnths in advance you can understand why we weren't to happy. We plodded on and had the worst night ever. Myself and the other family with a 18mnth old shared a room for the night (door frames were barely hanging on)which was sleepless as the circle of one child waking the other with crying was endless. And (as the mobility scooter was left quite a distance from my aunties room) we were woken by my Aunty screaming as 2 drunken
Lads were messing about on her scooter!!
The next day our rep made himself known to us and we explained the situation and he insisted we fill in complaints forms. He was very helpful and managed to negotiate a complimentary breakfast and complimentary use of the hotel safes. Which was gratefully received. When we asked the manageress the following day of whether there was a more suitable room to move the disabled guest to we were met with the response 'you are lucky to have a room!' She then proceeded to shout at me in the lobby and scream that we were given a free breakfast and free use of the safe 'what more do you English people want!'
From this point I knew we would never come back here. Unfortunately we weren't the only group experiencing problems as three other groups (that we knew of) had been booked out to other hotels or half of their group stayed here while the others stayed elsewhere. There is clearly a reason why Thompson will cease to use them next year. My hunch is that a lot of their business now comes from Scandinavia which both myself and my partner (who is Swedish) realised after talking to the Swedish rep that they had no problems whatsoever as their arrangement is if their are problems they will book the guests into an upgraded hotel...no nonsense!
The majority of people we met having problems were English and Irish groups/couples.
I'm sorry to say that we will NEVER use Summer Garden again! My auntie and uncle have booked into a private 13 apartment hotel just around the corner for next year.

The only good thing to come out of this place was the Turkish bath...amazing! Probably because its run and owned separately to this faulty tower like hotel(if you can even call it that!)
STAY AWAY from here as there are other nicer hotels further down the strip.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stopped here over the summer for 8 weeks. On last day they made me get out of my apartment. The so called receptionist said that other people needed it. I asked the cleaner & she said it was been painted. When I went back to receptionist she said why are you being like this you have come here for years! Annoyed as it was last day & they had no need of apartment. She basically said are you calling me a liar? It wasn't the only person she was rude to over the summer & was screaming at some other guests! Maybe she should find another job where customer service isnt involved! I left there at 6pm in evening & apartment hadnt even been cleaned! So basically long standing customers don't mean a thing! I also put a similar comment on their facebook page & it was removed! Thankfully they won't be abled to do that here! I guess they will lose a lot of customers if they are treated like this

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

just back from a week in bitez, found the resort great. on arriving at this hotel, mid afternoon on thurs 7th sept. was told ther was a problem with the room, due to a leak on the ceiling, and that we would have stay next door. (see dream appt reveiw). so no chance of unpacking. as you would like to do. went out for a meal on the beech which was a short walk away. came across another couple. on speaking to them, they were given same speel. went back to the hotel the next morning. to find two girls who also had been off loaded next door. eventully got in to our room at 4 in the afternoon. was told they would sort good room out for us, which was not even overlooking the pool. but on the road. next day went by the pool, on talking to a mother and son. who had come away with her mother a friends. she told me when they tried to book in at 1 in the morning, only to be told they (herself & her son) would have to stay in another hotel 5mins away by car, which took them there. but get this they had to walk back, which took 20 mins. and that was after having to ask the way a few times. so our rep the next day, only to be told there was nothing wrong with the ceilings in the rooms and that they had simply overbooked the rooms. compensaytion from hotel free say deposit box. gee wiz. so if you choose to book this place be where this might happen to you. also there are a few room which are bellow ground, so all you can see is the feet of people walking by

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackpoolbrownie
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have just returned from a week in the summer garden apartments with two friends we are aged between 25-30. It was exactly what we wanted in a really authentic part of Turkey away from the main road with a qiet chilled out pool scene. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment the rooms where of a good size and cleaned daily, there is a pool bar which we ate in a few times couldnt fault it the staff were really good and friendly to also the resturant attached to summer gardens was a really nice place to eat. You also have endless amounts of choice if you simply take a left out of the hotel then your first right signposted beach there are some beautiful resturants and bars to take your pick from. Bitez is a quiter place but if you wanted to experince a bit more of a hectic nightlife Gumbet is only two miles away which is crazy we only went once as was a chll out holiday also the bars along Bitez seafront are also open late but cater for everyone (not like nightclubs) they have entertainement etc Temple Bar is awesome! It has a lovely retsturant attached to it called Manuella and I fully recommned this one! I also recommend taking a boat trip on Anistisa such a great day out with lunch included and cost under £15! Turkey is cheap but also very lovely and I think me and the girls will return for a week next year :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked for a 7 night self catering holiday at this hotel , on arrival at about 12 midnight after the bus driver got lost we where told at reception the hotel was full and there where no rooms and would have to stay in another room just around the corner for 1 night, there where 2 other couples in the same situation. We eventually went to stay the night in this room which wasn't very good but it was only for the 1 night and we would not have gone out that night anyway. The next morning we where back at the hotel and the manageress gave us free breakfast and told us our room would be ready at about 12, she also gave us free air conditioning .We where allocated a room upstairs around the main pool area the room was fine cleaned everyday and sheets as well.We didn't mind the music from the bar at night it stops at 12 anyway. This review would be a lot different if we allocated one of the basement rooms some looked in poor condition the balconys are low and they are not very personal at all anybody can see straight into your room. The hotel in general is ok the pool area pretty clean a couple of the bar staff are freindly and try and make conversation 1 of them (the small one ) never smiled. Hotel prices are reasonable a beer would be 9tl the supermarket is 4.5tl. This is our 6th trip to Turkey been to Gumbet before first time to Bitez which we found quite nice and a bit laid back loads of bars restaurants free sun beds if you buy a drink but you are charged more.
Went into Bodrum most nights loads of shops bars restaurants and harbour. The price of things have gone up slightly especially drink it is probably comparable to the uk .We both enjoyed this holiday and would only go back to this hotel again if we where guaranteed a decent room I think we where lucky to get one, some people complain about the standard of this hotel the price you are paying for 2 star hotel some people are expecting 5 star treatment. We will go back to Bitez again but would stop somewhere else

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple