“9/9/2013 23/9/2013.....D.NorthumberlandDIRTY HOTEL....STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!”

Summer Garden Apart Hotel
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Don't go to this hotel!!!!! My partner and I arrived at the Summer Gardens on 9th September for our 2 weeks stay and returned last night , and have to say ...and believe me was very happy to do so........we booked this hotel on the advice of the travel agents, we wanted a cheap and cheerfull break but believe me it was nothing like cheerfull!!!!......having read the reviews on here we went with a heavy heart, and on arrival .....that's what we had......we were shown to our room (happy we were shown upstairs )...only to find studio 705 above the kitchen/laundry the noise from 7am was terrible ....the studio was dirty, smelly, the bathroom was disgusting...the shower was covered in mould, and when we closed the shower door .the grime and dirt was thick and could be scraped off...the toilet was smelly and badly marked, and the sink could be moved about, and the shelf was very loose all these should have been sorted before guests moved in.....now lets start on the living area.....it states the kitchen is fully equipped, yes most things were there but was again dirty, when I opened the fridge the little freezer door was missing and the inside was dirty, the chopping board was orange ingrained stained dirty and unusable, knives and forks had food still stuck on them, the only clean item was the toasty machine, there was a 2 ring cooking unit and havin moved it to plug this in only to find dust underneath that you could write you name in which I have to say was everywhere through out the room, now the SUPER DOOPER 2ft balcony......that was a disgrace our table was knee high, that and our chairs had to be on a tilt with 2 legs on a different level to the balcony tiles......even putting a mug of tea on was lethal in case it slide off and scolded you or your partner, .....the cleaners never came to our room before 6pm, when In fact most of the time you were getting ready to go out for a meal, we did get clean towels every day, but I did leave our used ones beside the door so they had no choice, beds were changed every 3 days, bins every day, but as for cleaning the rooms we never saw much of that in the two weeks we were there,.....we ate a couple of lunch times at the pool bar which was ok, but as it was a male staffed bar (well there was a lady there now and again )...but a couple of times when we wanted to eat there at night but it was taken over by very loud football on the tv, not the kind of thing you want when you're eating your meal, but have to say football took over the whole bar!!!! we went to Bobbys restaurant once and that was enough, pushy wasn't the word....we ate at the beach were there was some lovely restaurants and food good, the best being The Lemon Tree and Red Dragon, but we did find the Blue Moon just beside the summer gardens....lovely food, cheerfull staff and reasonable priced food, and the New Peking Chinese was also very good......Bitez is a lovely place and will go back, the beaches are lovely, and the peaple are so friendly,....it's a shame this hotel is so bad, we were not happy but decided to make the most of a bad job, as didnt want it to spoil our holiday...and have to say in all the times we have gone on holiday have we never had to pay money to use a room for a shower before we leave for the airport, as we had to give up our room at 12 it was 6hrs before the pickup bus came and had to have a very much need shower so we paid it,,,,and many peaple who we spoke to felt the same, the location is perfect, minutes from a lovely beach, super cheap shop right door that has everything you need, weather perfect,...we did go around some of the other hotels for a look around, and found some realy lovely clean ones so we can return to Bitez and no we will enjoy our next holiday with ease!!!!?....Would I go back to the Summer Gardens.....NEVER!!!!!.....Would I recommend this hotel....NEVER!!!!!!!!, havin been and stayed there the bad reviews are as they say the hotel is....dirty and run down, but it hasn't put me off goin back.....just NEVER to the Summer Gardens.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Denise W

Reviewed 23 September 2013

got there found out we did not have a room, as roof falling through later found out they fully booked so got moved to dream apartments, witch was a very low standard apartment when they should of taken us to a better place or the same standard but no had to share a bed with my friend. They said our room would be ready in the morn so went back and it was not ready till 12.30 afternoon , they gave us free breakfast but was cold, swimming pool very clean most of the peole were nice though and food was lovely ,but we wont be staying again though as we would not trust weather we would have a room or not .

Room Tip: front aparments are noisy got for back ones
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Self catering Room was fine although front facing and closest to road. All amenities worked. Bed was super uncomfortable making it difficulty to sleep. Had the usual bits for self catering - kettle, fridge, and two top hob - also had a toasted sandwich maker.
I wasn't expecting any more for what I paid for the wife and I. I think the half board daily deal for 20 lira is quite good as the buffet food was nice and abundant on the day we used it but beware the skanky prices in restaurant bar.
For me I was more disappointed with what's obviously happened to Turkey Tourism not having been to Bodrum before - its all more Costal Del Sol then I would have liked and the prices have things aren't much cheaper than you'd hope. I'd recommend Antalya over Bodrum any day of the week somewhere like Kas.
If you do go to Bodrum then a boat trips a must. Try and get a good one to go on though. I think some are quite rave like in style and others more subdued.
If you are in Bitez the Western end of the beach is the nicest by far as its sandy - alas the cleanliness isn't too hot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I feel from reading the last reviews on here that I was at a different hotel!

I stayed for a week from the 12th to 19th September. I was travelling alone for the first time and was a little worried about how whether I would enjoy myself. I rang the hotel shortly before arriving to request an upper floor room as I would feel more secure, the chap that I spoke to said that I should not worry about being secure but would book an upper floor room for me. On arrival at about midnight I was swiftly and politely booked in and my bags were taken to the room for me. I was in room 702 which was quite near to the the laundry and there was some noise from the the staff but nothing that was too intrusive. The room was spacious and extremely clean, the cleaners came in every day and did a fabulous job changing the towels every day and sheets a couple of times. A few days into my stay the lightbulb in my bathroom blew, I informed reception and it was fixed within an hour no poor attitude or customer service that I could see.

Every member of staff I came across were polite and could not have been more helpful, and with the exception of one barman who never smiled, everyone was friendly and charming. The restaurant was excellent and well priced with again charming and helpful staff.

Having seen the behaviour of some guests in the hotel I wonder whether the staff's reaction to them may have been a reflection of how the guests spoke to them, manners cost nothing and I find that if you treat people with respect then you will get respect in return.

I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again, it is certainly not five star but for what it costs it is excellent value. Perhaps some of the reviewers are expecting far too much for what they are paying.

My thanks to the staff at the Summer Garden for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Clarkie_Clarke
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Summer Garden Hotel, all the staff were very helpful and pleasant, although the bar staff could of done with a smile now n again however this was probably due to the VERY long hours they seemed to work. Our room was very small and basic but clean and everything we really needed - the shower was AMAZING very powerful. The maids came everyday, the beds were changed regularly, clean towels daily. We payed for bed and breakfast however it wasn't anything special but adequate. Night time entertainment wasn't much to write home about, but the hotel facilities were lovely and we never had any trouble getting a sun lounger. The location was very good, Bitez is a lovely place, a very busy town with some lovely restaurants, the beach is across the road and very nice, sun loungers are also free if you eat/drink in a restaurant along the beach. It's also only 3.50TL for a bus ride into Bodrum. We hired a car for 3 days for a very good price and went to some beautiful beaches nearby. I went to the Turkish baths situated in the hotel I would definitely recommend going there at the beginning of your stay as it made me feel so relaxed and refreshed for my two week stay and still now.
Would I return? Bitez - definitely, Summer garden hotel - yes.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sugarring
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend booked to stay at this hotel after reading some good reviews but turns out we couldn't have booked any worse!

We arrived about 3am to be told we couldn't stay there so they transferred us. We arrived at mandarin gardens and left there with no explanation or apology! We went to summer gardens the next day to find out what was happening at the receptionist didn't know what we were talking about and says she couldn't help. Eventually someone told us we were staying a mandarin for 4 nights and then they would pick us up. They couldn't tell us a time but told us they would let us know.

After not hearing anything on the evening of the 4th night we went and were told we would be picked up in the morning, it was a good job we checked!

They picked us up the following morning and took us to summer garden where we were told we couldn't check in until 2pm! So we left our bags and went to the beach. We finally got a room about 4pm.

Although this is a basic hotel the room was disgusting! It was a tiny room with two beds. The door to the 'apartment' didn't lock! The balcony door looked as though someone had tried breaking in the lock and the room was a mess. This was not acceptable from summer garden as we were only there for a week so after spending a day messing around because of them the room was just not acceptable!

We complained at reception about this and the receptionist (Emilé, I think her name was) was rude and spoke to us very nastily. After making the complaint she then spoke to other staff members in Turkish and sniggered at us. This went on for about 10 minutes. We ended up having to pay an extra £120 to go back to mandarin for the remaining three nights as this hotel and it's staff members were unacceptable.

We did not receive any apology or explanation as to why were spoke to and dealt with so badly. I have been to bitez many times and this is by far the worst hotel and service I have ever received. I will not be returning to summer gardens as we had planned and will definitely not be recommending it to anybody else! This hotel ruined our holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Holidayblues54
Reviewed 20 September 2013

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! Bitez is a lovely resort but Summer Gardens is appalling to say the least. Went with my husband from 8th - 19th September 2013 and were given room 709 which is situated almost above the kitchen and restaurant and overlooking a side road. At 7.30 every morning we were wakened (not that we got much sleep) by the power supply to the kitchen being switched on with an almighty bang. There was a constant buzzing sound from the normal kitchen supplies i.e the fridges/freezers and the air conditioning unit sounded as if you were back in the UK and there was a gale force wind outside. For the first 2 days the 'cleaners' turned up at 16:45 and 18:20 to clean our room which consisted of them emptying the bins only. We did comment about the lateness as on the second occasion we were in the process of showering and changing to go out. The apartment itself was a studio but we had to move one of the beds to get the 'balcony' door open. We could not use it for self-catering even if we wanted to. The balcony was all of 2.5 feet wide (not joking) and the table was knee high. The room was very dilapidated and one of the shower doors kept falling off. No point complaining as we did about the buzzing noise but 'they' couldn't hear anything (must have been deaf). Towels were changed every day but the sheet only once during our 11 night stay. Pool area very crowded with sun beds all over the place, but that was down to the people moving them to suit themselves even if they were in the pathway of other people. Staff not very friendly and all looked as if they couldn't be bothered. It's the first time we have ever been away and haven't left tips for the bar staff and cleaners - the only tip I would give them is to 'cheer up and try and make people feel welcome'. Bitez is a lovely resort with lots of nice restaurants although there is a bit of hassle to 'come in here'.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple