“A very good stay”

Summer Garden Apart Hotel
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
“A very good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful time in bitez and the summer gardens. I was a bit worried about staying there due to the previous reviews but I had nothing to worry about. I was in room 807 at the back of the hotel so there was no noise atall. Room a good size and had everything we needed. My view was of the quiet pool and the pool was very quiet! Cleaned to a high standard everyday and towels were replaced every second day and sometimes everyday. Toilet roll was provided throughout stay-a notice said it was only given when u arrived however this was not the case. The staff were excellent and so accomodating and friendly. They even bought my little girl a present when we were leaving. We were staying self catering and we didnt have dinner in the hotel. We did however have a full English breakfast a lot of mornings and it was the best we had in bitez and was only 8lira. Overall excellent hotel and we would stay here again without a doubt. Thankyou summer gardens.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jennscotland1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Returned from Summer Gardens yesterday (28/9), after reading the previous reviews I must admit I was beginning to think I had made a huge mistake in booking these apartments, when we arrived at 5.00am we were told our room number then the guy said if you are not happy with this room come and see me tomorrow and we will move you, the room was fine but I did pay extra for a apartment even though there was only two of us, it was basic but I booked these apartments knowing this, maybe people should read the description before booking, as for loud music round the pool area, you actually struggled to hear it as it was that low, maybe it's different in July/August, the people who were staying there appeared to be couples whose children have now flown the nest so it was nice to have like minded people, Bitez is very quiet, with the only 'bar' being The Temple which had a good Cuban band on twice a week, all in all I don't think I would return to Bitez but that has nothing to do with Summer Gardens it's just that Turkey now seems very expensive so maybe it's time to try somewhere else.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one, I was in 901 overlooking the small pool.
2 Thank sharon z
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We are a mid 40s couple with grown up kids and now enjoying just the pair of us being able to get away! Paid just less than £1000 for ten days in Bitez and thoroughly enjoyed the stay at Summer Garden. For the price we paid I wasn`t expecting 5* food or accommodation so arrived with no great expectations. Airport transfer not great- sat waiting for 90mins I coach before we set off then had to change into smaller minibus halfway through journey (holiday taxis). I do hate paying the £10 tourist visa tax when you land!! Summer Garden rooms are basic but comfortable with a daily towel change and whilst the food is a bit `samey` every day, there is a decent selection to cater for all tastes. Our room had a great fridge which was fantastic for keeping drinks etc cold and massive improvement on other resorts when fridges barely worked. If you want 5* food and living quarters pay the extra! Hotel staff were great especially the lady on reception. Aircon cost £30 for 10 days which was not bad value and my wife definitely needed- little bit noisy if on overnight but get used to it. Likewise with pillows- not the comfiest but with a bit of banging and pushing they`re not bad. As a Muslim country regular calls to prayer via the loudspeaker systems- the first one is at 5.30am but some distance from hotel and I only picked up on a couple of times as light sleeper. We stayed half board- breakfast and evening meal. For a mere 8TL you can get a great full English instead of the standard cereal, fruit etc. If on HB, make sure the cheeky beggars in the restaurant don't charge you for tea/coffee with your breakfast as they tried with us (12TL) as you get that free as part of your meal package. Bit of face pulling when I pointed this out and although only 4TL extra I had had enough battling with the Turks over trip/market prices so wasn't going to back down. We spent most days on the beach which is literally 30 secs from the hotel entrance- fantastic location! The hotel needs the odd lick of paint here and there but we were happy with what we paid. Temple Bar offer free sunbeds provided you get a couple of drinks from them but to be honest even if you didn't no problem! Sept was great time to go, lovely weather but not intense heat of June which we did last year, few mosquitoes and kids back at school (hurray). All the local bars/restaurants have free wifi connections however the one at Summer Garden very poor and intermittent and no connection whatsoever in our room- nice to keep in touch with friends x Facebook or e-mail etc as no TV in room. There are a few very, very friendly dogs roaming beach and surrounding streets- no probs if a dog lover which we are but local bars don't like them!. We only had warm/hot water x shower for 2 of the 10 days but to be honest it didn`t really effect us as hot from sunbathing all day so no great problem- didn't bother telling reception so cant comment on their response. We did however flag up on feedback sheet. Hotel pool was clean and tidy and plenty of padded sunbeds. Dolmus (bus) goes from right outside hotel to Bodrum every 10mins for 3.50TL (just over a £1!!) which is ridiculously cheap so went there a couple of nights- takes about 30mins. Got boat to KOS one day which was only a tenner each however it isn't a 20mins crossing it is 40 mins- 20 mins until you reach Greek waters. We went on catamaran which was like being on a speed boat. KOS is a lovely town but at least twice as expensive as Turkey. Passport control in and out of the port on Turkish side extremely slow- there is no love lost between these countries so not in a rush to see you depart or return to Turkey. Did a boat trip for a teneer which included a very basic lunch but for the price for a day out cant grumble. Went to Turgatreise market which was good for a few bargains and haggling if that is your sort of thing. Wont teach you how to suck eggs but you have to be quite hardfaced with the traders who try and squeeze every last lira out of you. Went to Gumbet for one night which was enough- definitely aimed at the younger market and thirty years ago I would have loved it! Gumbet is only 5 mins away in taxi (20TL- £6) however buses don't run there so taxi or walk. We ate and drank in a couple of the Betiz restaurants- Mayflower and Manuela very good, cocktails at Vona excellent however avoid Red Dragon cocktails- shocking and could barely taste the alcohol (if any!). We heard great reports x Blue Moon however were also told can be a bit of a wait for food as gets very busy (2 mins from Summer Garden). Temple Bar has evening entertainment including all the live football. Summer Garden has one big screen in bar for football. Return journey fantastic- straight off minibus and to front of queue to book in at Jet2 desk- flight left bang on time. Overall we had a great time and we will definitely return to Betiz, very probably to Summer Garden. Very impressed with Jet2- seats seemed thinner and just as comfortable with extra couple of inches legroom which is priceless on long journey!

Room Tip: There were some basement/dungeon rooms that people didn't like and asked to move- we were right...
5 Thank Glyn3
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Don't go to this hotel!!!!! My partner and I arrived at the Summer Gardens on 9th September for our 2 weeks stay and returned last night , and have to say ...and believe me was very happy to do so........we booked this hotel on the advice of the travel agents, we wanted a cheap and cheerfull break but believe me it was nothing like cheerfull!!!!......having read the reviews on here we went with a heavy heart, and on arrival .....that's what we had......we were shown to our room (happy we were shown upstairs )...only to find studio 705 above the kitchen/laundry the noise from 7am was terrible ....the studio was dirty, smelly, the bathroom was disgusting...the shower was covered in mould, and when we closed the shower door .the grime and dirt was thick and could be scraped off...the toilet was smelly and badly marked, and the sink could be moved about, and the shelf was very loose all these should have been sorted before guests moved in.....now lets start on the living area.....it states the kitchen is fully equipped, yes most things were there but was again dirty, when I opened the fridge the little freezer door was missing and the inside was dirty, the chopping board was orange ingrained stained dirty and unusable, knives and forks had food still stuck on them, the only clean item was the toasty machine, there was a 2 ring cooking unit and havin moved it to plug this in only to find dust underneath that you could write you name in which I have to say was everywhere through out the room, now the SUPER DOOPER 2ft balcony......that was a disgrace our table was knee high, that and our chairs had to be on a tilt with 2 legs on a different level to the balcony tiles......even putting a mug of tea on was lethal in case it slide off and scolded you or your partner, .....the cleaners never came to our room before 6pm, when In fact most of the time you were getting ready to go out for a meal, we did get clean towels every day, but I did leave our used ones beside the door so they had no choice, beds were changed every 3 days, bins every day, but as for cleaning the rooms we never saw much of that in the two weeks we were there,.....we ate a couple of lunch times at the pool bar which was ok, but as it was a male staffed bar (well there was a lady there now and again )...but a couple of times when we wanted to eat there at night but it was taken over by very loud football on the tv, not the kind of thing you want when you're eating your meal, but have to say football took over the whole bar!!!! we went to Bobbys restaurant once and that was enough, pushy wasn't the word....we ate at the beach were there was some lovely restaurants and food good, the best being The Lemon Tree and Red Dragon, but we did find the Blue Moon just beside the summer gardens....lovely food, cheerfull staff and reasonable priced food, and the New Peking Chinese was also very good......Bitez is a lovely place and will go back, the beaches are lovely, and the peaple are so friendly,....it's a shame this hotel is so bad, we were not happy but decided to make the most of a bad job, as didnt want it to spoil our holiday...and have to say in all the times we have gone on holiday have we never had to pay money to use a room for a shower before we leave for the airport, as we had to give up our room at 12 it was 6hrs before the pickup bus came and had to have a very much need shower so we paid it,,,,and many peaple who we spoke to felt the same, the location is perfect, minutes from a lovely beach, super cheap shop right door that has everything you need, weather perfect,...we did go around some of the other hotels for a look around, and found some realy lovely clean ones so we can return to Bitez and no we will enjoy our next holiday with ease!!!!?....Would I go back to the Summer Gardens.....NEVER!!!!!.....Would I recommend this hotel....NEVER!!!!!!!!, havin been and stayed there the bad reviews are as they say the hotel is....dirty and run down, but it hasn't put me off goin back.....just NEVER to the Summer Gardens.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Denise W
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

got there found out we did not have a room, as roof falling through later found out they fully booked so got moved to dream apartments, witch was a very low standard apartment when they should of taken us to a better place or the same standard but no had to share a bed with my friend. They said our room would be ready in the morn so went back and it was not ready till 12.30 afternoon , they gave us free breakfast but was cold, swimming pool very clean most of the peole were nice though and food was lovely ,but we wont be staying again though as we would not trust weather we would have a room or not .

Room Tip: front aparments are noisy got for back ones
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Self catering Room was fine although front facing and closest to road. All amenities worked. Bed was super uncomfortable making it difficulty to sleep. Had the usual bits for self catering - kettle, fridge, and two top hob - also had a toasted sandwich maker.
I wasn't expecting any more for what I paid for the wife and I. I think the half board daily deal for 20 lira is quite good as the buffet food was nice and abundant on the day we used it but beware the skanky prices in restaurant bar.
For me I was more disappointed with what's obviously happened to Turkey Tourism not having been to Bodrum before - its all more Costal Del Sol then I would have liked and the prices have things aren't much cheaper than you'd hope. I'd recommend Antalya over Bodrum any day of the week somewhere like Kas.
If you do go to Bodrum then a boat trips a must. Try and get a good one to go on though. I think some are quite rave like in style and others more subdued.
If you are in Bitez the Western end of the beach is the nicest by far as its sandy - alas the cleanliness isn't too hot.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I feel from reading the last reviews on here that I was at a different hotel!

I stayed for a week from the 12th to 19th September. I was travelling alone for the first time and was a little worried about how whether I would enjoy myself. I rang the hotel shortly before arriving to request an upper floor room as I would feel more secure, the chap that I spoke to said that I should not worry about being secure but would book an upper floor room for me. On arrival at about midnight I was swiftly and politely booked in and my bags were taken to the room for me. I was in room 702 which was quite near to the the laundry and there was some noise from the the staff but nothing that was too intrusive. The room was spacious and extremely clean, the cleaners came in every day and did a fabulous job changing the towels every day and sheets a couple of times. A few days into my stay the lightbulb in my bathroom blew, I informed reception and it was fixed within an hour no poor attitude or customer service that I could see.

Every member of staff I came across were polite and could not have been more helpful, and with the exception of one barman who never smiled, everyone was friendly and charming. The restaurant was excellent and well priced with again charming and helpful staff.

Having seen the behaviour of some guests in the hotel I wonder whether the staff's reaction to them may have been a reflection of how the guests spoke to them, manners cost nothing and I find that if you treat people with respect then you will get respect in return.

I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again, it is certainly not five star but for what it costs it is excellent value. Perhaps some of the reviewers are expecting far too much for what they are paying.

My thanks to the staff at the Summer Garden for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo