“Not the best in bitez”
Review of Okaliptus Hotel

Okaliptus Hotel
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Food was the same everyday. Mostly olives and some other strange looking stuff.

My room smelt of damp whether this was because of the start of may i dont know and the season starting.

I love bitez go every year and tried most of these hotels. This one has been the worst so far. However it did not ruin our great holiday.

Bitez is very cheap but if you are saving pennys look at the drink prices at this place and look at next door the tolomans hotel drink prices.

Red dragon chinese is very good and if you prefer english breakfast they do that also.

If you like walking when you come out of the hotel turn left follow the path. You will go past a park and a cafe where you can buy beer etc. If you carry on walking it comes to a dead end. Thats where you will come to a footpath what goes into the hills. There you will find some lovely beaches and clear water. If you carry on you will come to the aquarium great spot where loads of people dont know its there.

Overall my opinion of this hotel i wouldnt return. I hope the food as improved since i was there. Again may have been because this was the start of may. I will never forget lifting those lids and seeing breadrolls in 3 out of 4 for breakfast.
If your names popeye your be spoilt for choice as theres plenty off olives.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank papylon009

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My stay was very enjoyable at the okaliptus it was excellent would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bitez the staff are great very clean and great location the choice of shop are lovely and I really enjoyed stay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank shannon i
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our holiday was perfect. The food was delicious, the hotel was beautiful, the people were nice and the place was amazing. You can relax here so well. It's like a paradise. This holiday was litterly perfect!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Relmira
Reviewed 28 December 2013

LOCATION:
Great, right on the beachfront on the main strip with bus stop just outside. The colourful cushions were one of the main reasons I booked this hotel and they didn’t let me down. They were sooo comfy and we ended up spending our “chill out” days on these rather than the sunbeds on the beach. The cushions provided some lovely shade and privacy. Being in our 30s, we loved the music that played through the day as it added to the chilled out atmosphere. Especially at night, just sit on the cushions, with a drink and listen to the music – bliss.

HOTEL:
Lovely winding corridors giving it character. We asked for a room on first floor but there were none so we got room 31 on ground floor but in a quiet corridor. Lovely spacious room with 2 beds, sofa, large dressing table, cupboard and safe (40TL for 10 days) . Balcony wasn’t great overlooking dried out garden but we didn’t spend much time in the room so it didn’t matter. Bathroom was good size and nice big shower. Towels were changed daily and always enough loo roll but the maids sometimes forgot to replace bits like soap or a towel. Room and the whole hotel was very clean. Never seen staff in any hotel do so much cleaning, even the manager was always at it. Very impressed! Free aircon in room and free wifi and 2 PCs with free internet at reception.

FOOD:
Yes it was annoying you couldn’t bring in your own food/drink but we managed to sneak them in without ever being caught! We hid drinks in our drawers (wrapped in clothes) and then drank them outside when no staff were looking (hidden under beach towels to keep them cool). The food at breakfast was fine, took our own tea bags and used their hot water. Some of the fruit was very hard so best to take into hotel room and let ripen. Nice watermelon, boiled egg, cheese etc. Evening meal was great for vegetarians like us ! Excellent colourful selection of salad items, different soups, some hot food too. Also nice desserts. I LOVED the rice pudding. If you went down late for dinner, the desserts ran out so I used to get these first and leave on my table (naughty but had to be done!). Drinks were expensive eg 10L for glass of wine. The cats wondering around while we ate outside were annoying as I hate cats and by the end of the stay, we chose go eat inside to avoid the cats! You’re in a foreign country – if you want British or fast food then stay in the UK else stop whingeing!

STAFF:
I disagree with other reviewers who say staff were unfriendly. You just need to take time to smile and engage with them. Many of them are away from their families for 6 months working here and it was end of season when we went so they must have been so tired but still gave 100%. They were so hardworking running up and down taking orders, smiling and helping us. The manager in the restaurant was lovely and had a lovely calm manner. The guys at reception were also very helpful to us especially when we kept having problems with our door and safe! The young girl at reception was a bit dozey and unhelpful though!

GENERAL TIPS:
Cost £10 visa to get into Turkey.
Bus to Bodrum from hotel was 3.5L (1 way)
Bitez is a quiet resort (perfect for relaxation) but easily accessible to Bodrum, Gumbet etc . The (mini) buses are very cute and run very frequently and are informal so you can flag one down or get off anywhere!
Markets are good for cheap fake designer goods but if you are young, attractive female be careful as 1 male vendor tried to kiss my cousin and I had to pull her away.
Kos is a good day trip (amazing castle) but be prepared for long queues at passport control both sides. Catamaran is best way as it is quick(20 mins) and not that much more than ferry. We paid £20 each from a vendor on the beach front. Got up really early as we were told to but the transfer coach was about 45mins late with no explanation – I was not impressed.
The best local exchange rate we found was in the silver shop behind the mosque. Be warned if you are pretty like my cousin, the owner will try to hit on you but we just took it in jest and was worth it for the better rate lol.
You do get all the waiters inviting you in when walking past any shop or restaurant but that is just the way of life here so we just smiled and said maybe later. They don’t mean any harm!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Purple_Princess_1980
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Avoid this place!!!Overcharging,awful terrace,we went halfboard and the food they gave to us was terrible compare to what they serve in their restaurant....you can't even bring your own drinks into the hotel,the staff completely ignore you!The beach is a shinle beach and very small,the shop owners own their own patch of sunbeds infront of their shop/hotel etc,and you hafto buy your drinks from them if you want a sunbed.Theirs no actual beach where you can lay down its all sunbeds down to the water?The area is boring,only one type of beer in all the surrounding areas "effes" and its awful!!You'll be sick of it after the first night.No entertainment either,so unless your an old couple or you're a fairly young couple you'd be bored outta your mind.Couldn't wait to go home!I'm never going back..

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank L3ROYD1
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Everything from service at the reception, cleaners and bar staff are worthy of note. This is the third hotel I have stayed in in Bitez and is by far the best one. The food in the restaurant is outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Richard-S1734
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Okaliptus Hotel The hotel may look bland and uninviting from the outside, but then what modern hotel doesn’t, what is important is the inside and if you judge a place by its toilets, then I can say that their toilets are very clean indeed. Some people have made comments about the staff, usually in relation to their English skills and some of the comments about their being unhelpful is probably related to this; well their English is far better than my Turkish and I personally found them very helpful and if they did not ‘speaka da lingo,’ they quickly found some other staff member who could. I was after all in Turkey for my holiday and not Blackpool and why do we expect everyone else to be fluent in English, a foreign language for them, yet many British can barely speak it themselves. As I was travelling with my daughter I was also impressed by the care shown for the safety of two women on their own and Kirsty the travel rep was also helpful, resourceful, knowledgeable but most of all reliable. The hotel was excellent, as was the beach and the facilities, the food was great and there was a good variety of it, but in common with all areas not English there is a failure to understand the principle of pouring fresh boiling water over a teabag. The Turkish kettle, a huge affair, does dispense an aromatic refreshing tea, but unfortunately only at breakfast time. It would be a great idea to have this available free all day with patisseries for sale, say near the bar, with a small kettle available in all the rooms for those who bring their own teabags. Do foreigners not understand that the British, and the Irish, are all drug addicts and without their daily fix of tea can suffer from chronic withdrawal symptoms? Another criticism is that any drinking water that you want after breakfast has to be paid for, whereas at other hotels have water coolers and facilities for filling water bottles for you take with you when you go out. There is a warning, this is that the trip to Kos was not a success due to the inordinate amount of time spent in passport control (1.5 hours), and the financial crisis of the Euro made it an expensive excursion. Besides why go to Turkey to visit Greece when there is so much to see and do in Turkey? If you want a change from the beach or the bar & pool there is a garden with hammocks, swinging chairs and giant cushions. Warning, there is a danger in hammocks, if like me you like to read sitting up do not shuffle yourself ever backwards or you too may gently fall out of it as I did, losing my page and my dignity in the process, covering myself in my drink as if I were a contestant in a wet T-shirt competition. Other guests thought I was the light entertainment floor-show, but the staff rushed to my aid. Would I go back again? In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconys over the garden are lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family