“Great fun holiday”
Review of Small World Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bitez
Small World Hotel
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have 10days relaxing holiday in Bitez.The hotel room was small but friendly and clean.
Thank you for the hotel staff who were friendly and helpful.I can just recommend to everyone this hotel to stay in.
See you next year...Thanks a lot!!

1  Thank zsu38

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Just had a great week at this hotel. its a small friendly hotel only 16 rooms around a nice pool.
We found all the staff very friendly. The resident dog is a small terrier typ dog of 11 years of age and very quiet only on one evening did we hear any dog barking and that was a stray dog outside the hotel and that only barked for about an hour.

The hotel is close to the beach not even a 5 min walk loads of restaurants are along the beach and we had some great meals at the Lemon tree which is next to a smal mosque on the beach.Just behind the most are some small shops great for shirts and some very nice dresses for the ladies my wife bough a few

Our room was clean it was at the back of hotel you might not have the best view in the world but you dont get to hot either we paid about £40 for the aircon and safe which is in your room.

Food in the hotel was very good had plenty of food on offer for breakfast. Im not one for the turkish breakfast but my wife is and loved it. normally i would just have a cuppa and bread and jam. But this hotel also had cornflakes out for breakfast as well. where other hotels would charge you for this small world did not charge you for the cornflakes.

They also have free WIFI though the signal is not strong but you get a good signal near the bar and in the shaded area on the big sofas.

This is a popular hotel and as such you have to book early to get a room. As many people who had been before could not get rooms had gone to other hotels they still came round to see the staff for a drink.
The barman Murat was brilliant totally helpful to us in pointing out places for us to go and shop. I will def go to this hotel again.

if any one going who is intrested in trying scuba diving. the rep uses a company called Agean Pro Diving. I would suggest you use a company called Motif Diving. I was not sure which company to use but i chose Motif and Im glad i did as while out diving I saw the other company and glad i did not choose them. I am a qualidifed diver so they are good for me and any one who wants to try scuba diving. they will pick you up from your hotel

So I come to the end of this review I had a great time. Ive been to turkey many time and this was the best stay by far. So to Murat and the staff thank you and hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dwabbit
Reviewed 10 September 2012

the rooms are set in the pretty garden around the pool . A very relaxing holiday close enough to the lovely beach , bars and restaurants but quiet as it is just off the main street. Breakfast was enjoyable and always taken outside on the terrace. Excellent value for what was paid in peak season. Bitez itself is great for a relaxing beach holiday with plenty of lovely restaurants to choose from. The hotel did have a Turkish night which was most enjoyable. This hotel is more suited to couples .

Room Tip: all are lovely
5  Thank stella59
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Arrived late (2am) was met by the reception/barman, checking in was ok, had a cola then was asked would I like another alcohol drink, my daughter and I refused as tired etc.. In the morning paid for aircon and safe for 2 wks £90.00, room was small but ok, as we knew we would not spend time there, we had room 15 which looked out at the local car park!! As we had no balcony as such, enough room to hang towels outs, we did not use it which is a shame as it is nice to come back to a hotel and sit outside. Day one went down for breakfast at 9.30am there was not much food left at all, and the staff did not appear to want to put any more out.
Day 2 asked for English breakfast which was freshley cooked and charged for accordingly, but was not very nice, that was the last time we ate there in 14 days. As we did not spend time in the hotel we noticed that the ever so friendly bar man started to ignore us and walked the other way when we were around, it's now apparent from other reviews if you spend time at the very small bar, and gossip the night away with all the regulars year in and out them you would be fine, as my daughter and I have travelled to Turkey over the past 12 years and had many friends on the outside we choose not to do this, towards the end it was ackward, one evening we asked could we bring a friend in to the bar area for a drink, we were told No, as visitors were not allowed in to the hotel, all very strange as it was just one friend for one drink.
The maid was ok for a cleaner, changed bins each day but read on the Thomas Cook manual, beds were changed every 3 days so the theory was we should have had at least 5 changes. This did not happen at all.
One late morning we came back to our room and seconds behind us was the maid, she pointed to a towel and said 'problem' yes it did have a small stain on it, but it was white and there for 4 days, straight after the 'problem' she produced a bag of home made knitted tat!! if you buy the tat for 10tl then the problem was no more - magic!!! I brought some tat and after that we used our own towels.
The hotel is kept very clean all round and yes it is very quiet, and yes the same faces I am sure use it year in and year but if you do not drink at the bar and have a social life outside them it is clear you are not welcome.
The family who run the hotel are nice and nod when they see you, but the best thing there is the family dog.
When we asked for a late check out we were told by barman, he would let us know on that day, we decided not to ask again. As our Thomas Cook rep did not leave flight details for us we asked the barman for help, he told us not his problem, this resulted in me making drastic phone calls, When getting our cases down the stairs he turned his back on us.
Over all the hotel is kept clean but the worse thing about it is: No fridge/minibar in the room, try and keep water cool at 44 degrees!!
A large notice says no food or drink to be brought in which is ok, but what happens in the night if you need a drink and have no fridge?.
Hotel situated in a back street, but location fine for the beach.
As many people know dog barking in Turkey is a problem, well we had one hell of a problem, we had a resident dog that barked for days all through the night, with no English TV station not even the BBC news which is common in Turkey, our night entertainment was listening to the dog and praying it would stop by 3am.
Would I go back to Small world - never, unless they got a new bar man and a fridge in the room
As stated before we have been to Turkey and travelled all round for many years and certainly know what should be expected from a hotel, and yes it is a 2* but just because you do not use the bar-tab it is wrong to be treated different to the older guests in the hotel, perhaps clickey is the right word as described by a previous review

Room Tip: If your a regular I am sure you will get a good room - good luck with that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank elizabeth3107
Reviewed 2 September 2012

what a lovely hotel which lives up to the thomas cook brochure description. We arrived very early morning and was taken to our room no 1 which in my opinion was perfect !! Hotel is spotlessly clean and i can not commend the staff enough for the cleanliness. Breakfast was very repetative but need to remember was in a 2 star hotel . Some days we had the pool to ourselfs Bliss!! Murat i felt needed to have bit more customer service . Its our second time to Bitez and the hotel was ideal for us .

7  Thank polly291155
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We have just returned from a very enjoyable two week holiday at this hotel.

The hotel is small, with only 16 rooms, has basic facilities and accomodation but is cheap to go to and hence should really be judged against the price being charged (IE. it is a 2 start hotel with a 2 star price tage so guests should not expect 5 start quality, service or facilities)

The rooms are pretty good. They are a nice size with plenty of storage space and are reasonably comfortable and clean. I do have a few minor criticisms however. Firstly if, like me, you consider a balcony to be somewhere you can sit and enjoy the sunshine then you will be dissapointed. The balconys are less than two foot deep so it is impossible to get a chair onto them. They are only really suitable for hanging out wet towels and clothing. Also as we were in one of the 8 rooms at the back of the hotel so our view was simply of a a block of apartments a few meters away. The shower room / wc was also very small being about 4ft by 4ft (including the shower). This meant that it was not possible to open the door fully so it was a little awkward to get in and out of this roomand impossible to get more than one person in at a time. Also the windows didnt close which meant poeple could see if someone was in the shower but as this was only from shoulder height upwards I guess this is not a major problem. The only other issue we had with the bed rooms was that our towels were not changed during our first 8 days. I questioned this and was told they should have been changed every 2 to 3 days. They were then changed immediately. After another 4 days of using the same towels I confronted the cleaning lady who gave us fresh towels again. We had similar problems with getting spare loo rolls. The bed linen was changed once a week.
The air conditioning was essential as it was extremely hot and this was a £30 a week extra.
The safe deposit box was a £15 a week extra.

The pool area is very nice with some 19 sun beds but only 6 umberellas which were bolted to the floor, presumably to prevent them from being blown over in the high winds that this area seems to get in the afternoons.
This meant that it was sometimes difficult to get a bed in the shade.

One big plus was that the hotel does not cater for under 16s and hence there were no screeming kids around the pool making this a very relaxing place to enjoy the sunshine.

The pool itself is small and hence not really suitable if you like a decent swim. It is also unsuitable for lilos etc. It was very nice however for simply cooling off in the heat of the day.

The bar area was quite nice, However, being such a small hotel the bar was not brilliantly stocked and did sometime run out of stock too. The prices were competetive with the rest of the resort but I did think that our bill may have been inflated a few times during our stay. I do agree with the review that states that the fridge used for some of the drinks was not turned up enough and therfore that the water and beers were not sufficiently chilled. This did seem to improve during the second week of our stay so perhaps someone complained.

The resturant offered a good range of food and was reasonably priced but we did have a few problems with some of our lunch with them getting the order wrong.
The breakfast was very nice with lots of food available however it was exactly the same every day and we did feel they could have varied it a little.

Murat and the rest of the staff were all very nice and very helpfull.

It is located in quiet part of the resort about 200 meters away from the beachand less than that from the nearest shops and resturants. This suited us perfectly.

As I said at the start of my review it would be unreasonable to exepct 5 start service and faciltiies for a 2 star price and any criticisms need to be viewed in this context so overall we were very pleased with our choice of hotel in Bitez and despite the minor complaints would definately stay here again

2  Thank Animal61
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Rooms are typical size for a B & B basis -- Had a settee too which was actually really useful for plonking clothes and towels on !

Plenty of space for clothes - However the wardrobe was very weird as the rail went front to back and not left to right but we got used to it ( eventually ! )

" Balcony" is basically there as a clothes drying area and is tiny ( but I knew that from previous reviews so wasn't a surprise)

Cleaned daily and towels and linens changed twice a week ( could have been every 3 days )

Felt at £15 a week the safe was a bit steep though --and the Aircon was £30 a week -- so a bit more expensive than I was expecting ( but necessary - as it hit 44 in the shade one morning !)

Breakfast is typical Turkish fare - but plentiful ; Unlimited tea , coffee , " juice" and jams / honey / hard boiled egg /olives / 2 x cheese / toms / cucumber / sliced garlic salami sausage / plenty of fresh bread and loads of fresh water melon

One slight niggle was during the day the drinks served werent mighty cold like you usually get -- there was no freezer only a fridge behind the bar and I did miss having a refreshing can of ice cold Diet Coke --the glass served from a larger sized bottle just didnt hit the mark !

That said the bar prices of drinks 4TL for pop , 7 TL for Efes and 9 TL for a local short and mixer was standard for the area ( albeit much more expensive that I was expecting compared to our previous years holiday in Yalikavak )

Food at the bar was always good - Personally I would steer clear of the sandwiches -- as they just serve them in a " plastic white bread bun " a real shame when the bloomer bread served at breakfast would make a much better sarnie !!

We usually had a few drinks at the Poyraz to start the evening which has an area of decking right on the beach- ( its the restaurant basically opposite as you look out of Small World -- ) Ilyan makes a fantastic " Gin Lemon Tree " -- very refreshing !!

Eating wise we loved the Fishermans Place and La Vas ( " Paddy " at La Vas is a lovely bloke -- the drinks are a bit cheaper here as its not on the " front" and they make the BEST Liver and Onions I have ever had !! )

There wasn't as much " hassle" as I expected and usually come to expect in Turkey -- apparently the powers that be have told the restaurant owners they cant be as pushy as before and I did hear a rumour some places had their licences taken away from them because of complaints of being a bit OTT in the " come into my restaurant nice couple" spiel !!

We also loved the Rikinti ( do a fantastic chicken donner " sandwich" for 3.5 TL - a fab snack for during the day) and the Bitez Kofteciscki ( definitely spelt it wrong - but its about 2 doors down from the Rikinti and translates as Bitez meatball house ) a proper " traditional" place - frequented by locals - but the chap in there speaks great English. Basically he gives you a menu but you go up to the counter and point at what you want -as thats whats been made fresh that day -- cheapest meal and one of the best !

Bitez is mainly a long promenade along the beach with a few " side streets" - It was much larger than I though it would be -- but by no means too " touristy" -- slightly more expensive than I expected too - but perhaps prices have gone up in general all over Turkey this year .....

Its also frequented by a lot of different nationality's - so all in all I can say it was a really relaxing & enjoyable holiday ... and if you are going soon I am VERY jealous !!

Room Tip: Depends on your preference but we found room 3 was in the shade so kept as cool as possible whilst s...
3  Thank StacynFran