“Fantastic”
Review of Small World Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bitez
Small World Hotel
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Sorry this review is a bit late, we stayed at the Small World on June 18th 2012 for one week.
It was fantastic, the hotel is small and intimate, the rooms.. ok are basic but spotlessly clean and bright, and linen and towels changed regularly.
Its not true as stated in a previous review that the best rooms are reserved for returning guests, because ourselves and another couple we went with had two of the best rooms and we'd never been there before.
Breakfast is typical continental, a few types of cereal, fruit, cheese etc but the bread is delicious and very fresh.
We didn't have an evening meal or any snacks but they came recommended by other guests.
There is no entertainment unless you want to make it, so if your looking for a truly relaxing peaceful holiday, this place is for you.
The pool is small but ideal for the amount of rooms, and finding a lounger is never going to be a problem whatever the time of day.
The staff are very friendly and always available to help, and Maurat the barman/manager/tour guide/comedian is a superb guy and gave us all a huge welcome on arrival and entertained us throughout the holiday.
Small World is in an ideal location, just off the beach so away from any noise, although Bitez is a low key resort anyway.
The taxi rank is just metres away also the bus stop alongside.
A huge choice of restaurants in Bitez and the ones off the beach offer the best food at the best prices, especially the restaurants behind the hotel.
The beach is stunning and all the loungers, been bags, hammocks etc are free to use, just buy one drink from a bar to be polite and you can stay all day without any hassle.
All in all a fantastic holiday thoroughly recommend it.
Lastly, a message for Maurat...."Schmae Baby" :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola D

Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was my 4th time to Bitez (the last time being 13years ago) but it was my partners 1st time & he LOVED it... so much so that we have already booked for next year. It was the 1st time of staying at Small world & that's where we have booked for next year... It was just what we were looking for, small, quiet, clean, friendly owners/staff & lovely mix of guests, breakfast is typically turkish & plentiful. We did have a meal at the hotel one evening, my partner had a T bone steak & I had a lamb casserole, both were delicious.There is not a lot more that can be added to previous reviews on how nice the hotel is (all except the one titled 'Ok ish' from Elizabeth), I think her & her daughter must have been at a different hotel to the rest of us!!!
Last time I was at Bitez I stayed at the Ambrosia hotel 3* which was quite luxurious & expensive at the time, (it was a long time ago).... as value for money go''s I don't think you could beat 'Small world'. So much has changed in Bitez but it has kept it charm & is still one of the prettiest places I have visited in Turkey, as it is so small you can walk comfortably from one end to the other, we ate at most restaurants over our two weeks & I must say we never had a disappointing meal. IOur favorate restaurant was Blanca & if you like liver, their's is amazing.
So it you are looking for a relaxing holiday then Small World & Bitez are a must!! Oh by the way this hotel is for adults only. The only thing I think could inprove this hotel is a fridge in the rooms.

Room Tip: I like a pool view, but then again I spend as little time as poss in a hotel room, its really only f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carol S S
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have 10days relaxing holiday in Bitez.The hotel room was small but friendly and clean.
Thank you for the hotel staff who were friendly and helpful.I can just recommend to everyone this hotel to stay in.
See you next year...Thanks a lot!!

1  Thank zsu38
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Just had a great week at this hotel. its a small friendly hotel only 16 rooms around a nice pool.
We found all the staff very friendly. The resident dog is a small terrier typ dog of 11 years of age and very quiet only on one evening did we hear any dog barking and that was a stray dog outside the hotel and that only barked for about an hour.

The hotel is close to the beach not even a 5 min walk loads of restaurants are along the beach and we had some great meals at the Lemon tree which is next to a smal mosque on the beach.Just behind the most are some small shops great for shirts and some very nice dresses for the ladies my wife bough a few

Our room was clean it was at the back of hotel you might not have the best view in the world but you dont get to hot either we paid about £40 for the aircon and safe which is in your room.

Food in the hotel was very good had plenty of food on offer for breakfast. Im not one for the turkish breakfast but my wife is and loved it. normally i would just have a cuppa and bread and jam. But this hotel also had cornflakes out for breakfast as well. where other hotels would charge you for this small world did not charge you for the cornflakes.

They also have free WIFI though the signal is not strong but you get a good signal near the bar and in the shaded area on the big sofas.

This is a popular hotel and as such you have to book early to get a room. As many people who had been before could not get rooms had gone to other hotels they still came round to see the staff for a drink.
The barman Murat was brilliant totally helpful to us in pointing out places for us to go and shop. I will def go to this hotel again.

if any one going who is intrested in trying scuba diving. the rep uses a company called Agean Pro Diving. I would suggest you use a company called Motif Diving. I was not sure which company to use but i chose Motif and Im glad i did as while out diving I saw the other company and glad i did not choose them. I am a qualidifed diver so they are good for me and any one who wants to try scuba diving. they will pick you up from your hotel

So I come to the end of this review I had a great time. Ive been to turkey many time and this was the best stay by far. So to Murat and the staff thank you and hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dwabbit
Reviewed 10 September 2012

the rooms are set in the pretty garden around the pool . A very relaxing holiday close enough to the lovely beach , bars and restaurants but quiet as it is just off the main street. Breakfast was enjoyable and always taken outside on the terrace. Excellent value for what was paid in peak season. Bitez itself is great for a relaxing beach holiday with plenty of lovely restaurants to choose from. The hotel did have a Turkish night which was most enjoyable. This hotel is more suited to couples .

Room Tip: all are lovely
5  Thank stella59
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Arrived late (2am) was met by the reception/barman, checking in was ok, had a cola then was asked would I like another alcohol drink, my daughter and I refused as tired etc.. In the morning paid for aircon and safe for 2 wks £90.00, room was small but ok, as we knew we would not spend time there, we had room 15 which looked out at the local car park!! As we had no balcony as such, enough room to hang towels outs, we did not use it which is a shame as it is nice to come back to a hotel and sit outside. Day one went down for breakfast at 9.30am there was not much food left at all, and the staff did not appear to want to put any more out.
Day 2 asked for English breakfast which was freshley cooked and charged for accordingly, but was not very nice, that was the last time we ate there in 14 days. As we did not spend time in the hotel we noticed that the ever so friendly bar man started to ignore us and walked the other way when we were around, it's now apparent from other reviews if you spend time at the very small bar, and gossip the night away with all the regulars year in and out them you would be fine, as my daughter and I have travelled to Turkey over the past 12 years and had many friends on the outside we choose not to do this, towards the end it was ackward, one evening we asked could we bring a friend in to the bar area for a drink, we were told No, as visitors were not allowed in to the hotel, all very strange as it was just one friend for one drink.
The maid was ok for a cleaner, changed bins each day but read on the Thomas Cook manual, beds were changed every 3 days so the theory was we should have had at least 5 changes. This did not happen at all.
One late morning we came back to our room and seconds behind us was the maid, she pointed to a towel and said 'problem' yes it did have a small stain on it, but it was white and there for 4 days, straight after the 'problem' she produced a bag of home made knitted tat!! if you buy the tat for 10tl then the problem was no more - magic!!! I brought some tat and after that we used our own towels.
The hotel is kept very clean all round and yes it is very quiet, and yes the same faces I am sure use it year in and year but if you do not drink at the bar and have a social life outside them it is clear you are not welcome.
The family who run the hotel are nice and nod when they see you, but the best thing there is the family dog.
When we asked for a late check out we were told by barman, he would let us know on that day, we decided not to ask again. As our Thomas Cook rep did not leave flight details for us we asked the barman for help, he told us not his problem, this resulted in me making drastic phone calls, When getting our cases down the stairs he turned his back on us.
Over all the hotel is kept clean but the worse thing about it is: No fridge/minibar in the room, try and keep water cool at 44 degrees!!
A large notice says no food or drink to be brought in which is ok, but what happens in the night if you need a drink and have no fridge?.
Hotel situated in a back street, but location fine for the beach.
As many people know dog barking in Turkey is a problem, well we had one hell of a problem, we had a resident dog that barked for days all through the night, with no English TV station not even the BBC news which is common in Turkey, our night entertainment was listening to the dog and praying it would stop by 3am.
Would I go back to Small world - never, unless they got a new bar man and a fridge in the room
As stated before we have been to Turkey and travelled all round for many years and certainly know what should be expected from a hotel, and yes it is a 2* but just because you do not use the bar-tab it is wrong to be treated different to the older guests in the hotel, perhaps clickey is the right word as described by a previous review

Room Tip: If your a regular I am sure you will get a good room - good luck with that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank elizabeth3107
Reviewed 2 September 2012

what a lovely hotel which lives up to the thomas cook brochure description. We arrived very early morning and was taken to our room no 1 which in my opinion was perfect !! Hotel is spotlessly clean and i can not commend the staff enough for the cleanliness. Breakfast was very repetative but need to remember was in a 2 star hotel . Some days we had the pool to ourselfs Bliss!! Murat i felt needed to have bit more customer service . Its our second time to Bitez and the hotel was ideal for us .

7  Thank polly291155
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bitez
Hotel Cettia Beach Resort
#56 of 77 in Icmeler
Ideal Pearl Hotel
Ideal Pearl Hotel
#13 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Small World Hotel? Share your experiences!