“You will never go there again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalina Kafe

Kalina Kafe
Reserve with
Kalina Kafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 88 Restaurants in Bitez
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Eastern European, Mediterranean, Ukrainian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Kalina Kafe Restaurant is the first Ukrainian Cuisine in Bodrum Peninsula. Kalina providing more than 50 unique Ukrainian and Eastern Europe dishes which are prepared by Ukrainian Cook in menu. Also rich kids menu is available. Kalina has wide range of dish selection for private parties and business meetings. With order also 23 unique home made cakes available for your parties. Kalina is decorated according to Slav culture. Georgian Wines and Russian-Ukrainian Vodkas are our speciality.
“You will never go there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have no words to describe my anger. The owner of the restaurant deleted negative comment left by my friend 2 months ago. Well, deleting comments does not make the food your serve look and taste more attractive. It was truly awful. Portions were very small and not properly cooked. It did not look like Russian food at all. Decoration of the restaurant has nothing to do with Russian or Ukrainian style. It is simply kitsch. We were a family with kids (my kids are half Russian and familiar with Russian cousin) and my kids could eat only bread their. I would strongly recommend not ever visit this place if you want to save your money and time.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lena B
Irina G, Sahibi at Kalina Kafe, responded to this review, 3 December 2014
Dear Elena B.....

First of all you shouldnt be angry about your friend comments were deleted that time. Because we wrote many times to her and she didnt reply. There was no evidence to find when you were in our restaurant.So we thought that this is not a fair advise. I would like to write you in Russian but as you prefer English I will also reply in English. In your friend`s comment, She was claiming about late service. After your comment, I checked and find all details about your visit.
You came on 17th of November 2013 at 14:31 and left at 15:34 which is totaly 1 hour. You ordered
3 Borsh Soup, Vinegret Salad, Shuba Salad, Pelimeni, Vareniki Vishne, Pickle, 2 Child Meatbals and French Fries. All from these, there was nothing come back to kitchen, all consumed. Your child droped down the ketchup and you was sorry for this. There were also many details that I dont want to mention here. We are sure that it is imposible that any food comes to table cold because we have audit system for each food going to table.Also during this year we served more than 5000 client and have no claim. Plus if you claimed that moment to our personal would change your plate or offer you another thing if you dont like.You didnt claim for anything and also you left 7 TL tip for service. So I would like to ask you what is exactly wrong. We dont believe your approach to us.Please note that I didnt want to reply this comment but many of our clients after tasting our meals push us to reply. You have only one comment in this site and unfortunatly it is about us.

Sincerely Your,

Kalina Management

• Turkish first
Bodrum
“Second to none when it comes to Russian kitchen.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

For a different lunch choice, my wife and I went here today. The menu is very rich. If I were not ill, I would really try some of the other dishes than the beef straganoff I ordered for myself which was very tasty. My wife's seabass straganoff must have been so good that she finished it quickly. If you want to try a different cuisine than Meditterean while you are in
Bodrum, Kalina Kafe is the place I would recommend highly.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Aydin I
“Perfect service and real russian taste in bodrum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We had a nice and delicious dinner with Borch soup, beefstragonof eith prune, compot, ruletki batlican , grecka , ruski vodka :)

Istanbul, Turkey
“The name od perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Ailece kaldik ve cok begendik.
Servisi, yemekleri, sundugu ambians ile mukemmel zaman gecirebileceginiz bir Akdeniz incisi..

We have stayed as family, enjoyed very much indeed with its service, hospitality, and its different ambiance....Its a real Mediterrenean pearl...

• Visited July 2013
Istanbul
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of its class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Excellent food with good wine combined. I did have a great night with my girlfriend and got lucky ;)
I strongly recomend this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Yetkin B

Been to Kalina Kafe? Share your experiences!