“Agree 100% with Budwider”

Queen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Bitez
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I stayed in these apartments in 2007. The reviews were great but after the holidays I have to say I was shocked and still am at the big up these apartments get.

We specified a downstairs apartment because my mother is bad on her feet and what he gave us had a window in the dining area that didnt open, there was a box room for a bedroom that didnt and I mean didnt have any windows so we had to leave the door open at night. We didnt complain as we thought that all the apartments were the same but found out from a couple that we met that in fact some apartments had windows in their bedrooms and were indeed habitable.

The owners especially the husband hang around the apartments day and night and it is true that if you are not spending money at the bar etc had no time for you. That was fine by me I wasnt there to be his friend. He also told an English couple that we met that he said he didnt like the Irish because they constantly complain. I also heard from the same couple that the front door on another apartment was broke and he blamed the elderly couple that were staying there.

I have stayed in lovely apartments where the staff arent rude and this place was definetely not one of them. It is only when I read Budwider's comment I felt I had to let people know that he wasnt exagerating in any way.

• Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank NormBarry
060495, Owner at Queen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2010

If we had been made aware that the guests were not happy with their apartment in any way then you can be assured that we would have done everything possible to rectify this.

We feel that the heading to this review is completely inappropriate as the comments made by Budwider are a seperate issue, which we did not feel like responding to hoping that people would read between the lines and read it for what it was.

We do have a strict policy regarding having 'visitors' into the apartments and do not accept any unregistered guests as this is not only illegal in Turkey but it is a security risk for all our guests and their possessions. We have a responsibility to them and do our best to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Thanks

Queen Apartments, Bitez

Reviewed 8 December 2009

I stayed at the Queen apartments for 2 weeks in August I as travelling on my own for the 1st week but being a travel agent for over 12 years this didnt bother me. After some slight confusion on arrival which was not the fault of the queen apartments but the tour operator I settled in and from 5* star hotels around the world and serveral different places I have stayed in Turkey this by far is simply one of the best most definitely the best in turkey. Along with Ann & Saffat their children are an absolute credit to them and kept me company durning dinner on several evenings. Finally the staff were beyond attentive and kind im looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SummerIreland91
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Having had a really good holiday earlier on in the year at the Queen Apartments, we decided to go back for a short week break - this is not something we usually do as we like to try different places, but the hospitality and the welcome that we received was second to none.

We were not disappointed as all the staff recognised us on arrival and they were overwhelming pleased to see us again.

We cannot thank the staff and Saffet and Ann (the owners) enough for such a pleasant holiday - the food is scrumptious and everyone is so friendly, the apartments are lovely and well equipped.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ralphLiverpool
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Ann & Saffet, the owners of the apartments extend a warm and friendly welcome to everyone. The apartments are very clean and well looked after and the restaurant provides fabulous food, so there's no need to ge anywhere else (unless you want to). We had a very relaxing holiday and would recommend this accommodation to anyone, especially families.

1  Thank FriendofBitez
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Hi,

Myself and my husband are back from staying at the Queen's resort in Bitez a few days now, we stayed there for one week. The complex is small with friendly owners. The apartments are very clean and nice looking. The air conditioning cost's €35.00 for 1 week, which we didnt mind paying, but there was only 1 air conditioning unit in the apartment, so the kitchen, living area and bathroom were all very warm / hot all the time. This isn't unusual for Turkey ( most apartments are the same around turkey), so it's not the owners , but being Irish in 50 degree's heat ( at times) we often needed to take cold showers.. The balcony was nice and large, we stayed in room 105 and I think it may have been the nicest apartment in the complex. The Restaurant in the queen's was one of the best and cheapest of our entire stay (my opinion) and again views were stunning.

Unfortunately while we had the best, another member of our group seemed to have the worst, room 101, which was on the ground floor, beside the kitchen, and staff living quarters, the room was fine, except it was dark and the terrace, wasnt a terrace as they had no where to sit, and the clothes unit was broken, also they didnt like the smell, and the family dog ate outside each evening. The dog is very quite though.

Over all, it was a lovely place to stay, and we would stay again, but would request the same room.

Thanks
Dee

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 22 May 2008

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 August 2007