“Beware of being ripped off!”
Review of ATILAY

ATILAY
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Golturkbuku
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Merseyside England
“Beware of being ripped off!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have only written about four reviews in the last five years and all have been very positive because I have enjoyed the experience at each place. This is the first time I have written a negative review because I feel I should let people know that they may be ripped off at this place exactly as we were. The food is fresh fish and it is adequately cooked and presented. There is no menu or wine list so prices are a bit open to interpretation. I ordered a bottle of dry white wine and asked for Angora or Doluca or similar (normally 20 TL in the shops or 50TL in the restaurants. The waiter said they had neither and suggested a bottle of Serafin. Normally a little bit dearer than the other two (about 55 TL in the restaurants) so I said OK and ordered a bottle. Shame I didn't ask the price! The bill came with a charge of 175 TL for the wine. What a rip off and no explanation why only that I should have asked the price in the first place. More fool me and after living in this part of Turkey for seven years this is the first restaurant to pull such a stunt. I'll put it down to end of season greed and the fact that they guessed I wouldn't return. This place spoilt an otherwise enjoyable trip to Turkbuku.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Clanman58

• Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Fresh Fish on the beach”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This no frills restaurant serves excellent fresh fish and traditional mezza appetisers. Set on the water front the restaurant is bustling with life. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here and found it good value for money. The service is relatively slow but the place was heaving and each meal is cooked to order so the wait is worthwhile. I suggest that they struggle when very busy as the fresh line caught sea bass we shared was a little overcooked. The wine list is very limited but the local Turkish white wine was good and value for money. The restaurant is very relaxed and offers a range of the freshest fish and from what we saw grilled meats. Great value for money, good atmosphere and a helpful and pleasant team.

• Visited August 2013
12 Thank Alan J
Oğulcan B, Yönetici at ATILAY, responded to this review, 20 May 2017
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your visit to us..İt is our pleasure to know all your expectations were exceeded and you were satisfied with our foods and friendly service..
We look forward to welcoming your back in the near future..
istanbul
“Pleasure”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

All foods were fresh and the service was very nice. Grilled octopus was great. What ever we ordered delivered on time and attidute of the waiters were good. I have enjoyed having dinner there.

• Visited August 2013
11 Thank hilfanton
Oğulcan B, Yönetici at ATILAY, responded to this review, 20 May 2017
We look forward to welcoming your back in the near future..