“A rare little pearl”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Dusseldorf
“A rare little pearl”
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We chose Turkbuku, Bodrum as our main vacation location and started looking out for a nice hotel. What we just coincidentally discovered was this most friendly and easy going place called Ece Resort. We were welcomed by the very helpful, friendly and talkative owner Erkan Bey. This very positive first impression was followed and echoed by other members of the crew without any exception; a winning team I should say, who tried their best to make our stay a bliss. Highlights: A breakfast buffet with a large variety of Turkish specialities, as good as it gets; a lovely pier that turns into a on the sea restaurant at night; extremely clean and pieceful sea that you never want to get out; very central location that makes it easy to get by around and about Bodrum with direct Dolmus connection right in front of the hotel; nicely decorated comfortable rooms; and the winner of all, the most friendly and helpful hotel crew ever. If you would like to spend a couple of days or even a week or two in this fantastic location of Golturkbuku, Ece provides you with the correct and most pleasurable ingridients at a very reasonable price.

• Liked — Fantastic service
  • Disliked — Shower facility in the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank GUA_04

• Turkish first
London, England
Reviewed 26 August 2006

This was my first trip to Bodrum since the age of 8 (i am now 29).
So as you can imagine it has changed a lot. I found The Ece Resort on the Turkbuku/Gol Turkbuku recommended hotels website.

I first booked a week there with a friend of mine but I loved it so much that after a week I felt so safe and comfortable at the hotel that I extended my trip by a further 5 days to stay there alone. The hotel rooms are very clean and are a good size with lovely views of gardens around the hotel. Some rooms have balconies and some don't. The pool is clean and of a medium size. With adult swings and sun lounges around. A great place to chill out and relax.

The staff are so friendly there is a real family atmosphere. They have a complimentary minibus service which took us from the hotel to the their beach club which is free for guests to use with complimentary beach towels supplied, lovely large cushions to sun bathe or sun lounges on the jetty or golden sand. The beach is very clean and one of the best in Bodrum. If sunbathing isn't your thing they have a restaurant/bar area in beautiful landscaped gardens. Where you can enjoy one of Niyazi's exotic cocktails or a snack and even lunch.

The breakfasts at Ece Resort are unbelievable I have never seen such a variety of cheeses in my life there must have been well over ten. We were also served in buffet style which meant we could eat as much as we wanted from the glorious homemade jams and pastries made by Emel anne.

In the afternoon we would be served yummy chocolate cake and biscuits for tea time. ( all freshly made at the hotel)

In the evenings we would take the complimentary minibus down to the beach club where we had a meals overlooking the beautiful scenery or you could eat your meal on the jetty in the middle of the sea. I cannot explain how romantic and beautiful it was you really need to go there and see it for your self! It was STUNNING!

In the evenings the Resort provides entertainment in the form of live music whilst I was there it was a latin/english( & even the odd turkish song) singing duo Isik and Mirac. Isik abi had the most amazing voice and could play a range of different instruments. The atmosphere was brilliant.

There was a huge choice of turkish and european cuisine on the menu the food was fresh and a lot of the ingredients where grown on the hotel grounds. The hotel gardens are covered in lush green fig trees and pomagranit trees so we had plenty of fresh fruit served.

The staff are are always keen to help and are lovely. The manager Sukru bey will often take time out to ask guests if they need anything and if all is well. Erken abi Ece Resort's owner is so warm and friendly and is a fellow Londoner.

Bodrum is about half an hour a way and Turkbuku is about 10mins away .

On leaving all the staff get together to say goodbye and they do the old turkish tradition of throwing water after you. A form of luck to bring you back there quickly, not that I need that I cant wait to go again!

Ece Resort is the most friendly hotel that I have ever been to and as I work for Trailfinders I know a few things about hotels.

I strongly recommend the Ece Resort in the turkish St Tropez of Bodrum Gol Turkbuku!

• Liked — It location, the staff and atmosphere of the hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — It 's a must if your going to Bodrum dont go anywhere else!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Bebecik