We stayed in the Bodrum Hilton in June 2012. I had been quite stressed to book a holiday this time since we have an 8-month-old daughter with us and it was important to make right choice. After eliminating many hotels in Bodrum, I was not sure whether to book Rixos or Hilton. I phoned both hotels and in the end due to a very welcoming and reassuring conversation with Zeynep Hanim, I decided to go for the Hilton Hotel and I was very pleased that we made the right desicion.
I would like to give a little bit of detail hoping to help other travellers. After a transfer from the airport taking just about 40 min, we were greeted in the hotel lobby with smiling staff. Checking in was simple and the view from the lobby is really breathtaking. We were talked through all the aspects of the hotel, before being showed to our room.
The room was very big overlooking the sea, very picturesque. The room included a sofa and table as well as a king size bed, baby cot, bath tub, shampoo and all necessary stuff for our daughter was there. We said' wow' after a long tiring trip.There was also tea and coffee making facilities in the room as well as large LCD TV. The walk-in shower was also excellent, with the shower being very powerful and hot quickly. There is a free safe in the wardrobe to put all your valuables into. Housekeeping was also very good, with fresh towels twice a day if you needed them!
The food in the main buffet restaurant was excellent and varied. It was not ordinary like many all inclusive hotels. Congragulations to the Kitchen Team!! Also the Team was very helpful since I sometimes asked for unsalted boiled patato or grilled chicken etc for our baby which were out of their routines. Especially thank you to Unal and Ozan in the restaurant for their excellent service and turkish tea in the 'thermos' all the time!
The free wireless Internet throughout the hotel is good in the lobby and patchy in the room, but it might be intended in the public areas.
The beach and sea is like a private pool or an aquarium - you can see fish swimming around you, and the view is really lovely. We were quite happy for our daughter to have her first experience with the sea here.
The only downsides we had were that the bed linen was a bit thick and warm, and the bed a bit soft for our tastes. The air-conditioning wasn't very strong, but we found out on the last day that this was a fault in our room, so we didn't give them chance to fix it.
Other minor things were that we also struggled a bit to find an outdoor seat in the restaurant where we were free of smoke, which would be a recommendation for the hotel. Also, the hotel felt a bit more businessy rather than holiday-y on the last day when a business conference started and the company guests came.
In general, the service that we got was superb - the staff tried to help us with anything we asked for, especially for our daughter. They were genuinely friendly and helpful, for example Sinem in consierge came to the door to say goodbye when we were leaving. We felt we were leaving family home.
We will definitely be going back one day to this hotel as it is one of the best we have ever stayed in. We would recommend it to anyone, especially with a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on hotel's sandy beach with decking areas, 3 km to resort centre with local bars and restaurants, 20 km to Bodrum. Four swimming pools (three free-form), water slides, sun terraces and decking areas at the sandy beach with free sun loungers and parasols. A separate "The Beach Club" for Club Members in high season. Indoor pool, buffet restaurant, Seafood, Italian and Turkish a la carte restaurants, lobby bar, two pool bars, two beach bars, 24hr reception, mini-market, boutique, 490 rooms. Spacious rooms 39m2 sleeping 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, each having sitting area, double or twin bed, central air conditioning, TV, telephone, safe, mini bar and bathroom with walk-in shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Hotel Turkbuku / Golturkbuku
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort And Spa
- Bodrum Princess Deluxe Hotel
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa Turkey/Golturkbuku