Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
Hotels.com
Voyage Turkbuku(Golturkbuku)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Kuum Hotel & Spa(Golturkbuku)
Flamm(Golturkbuku)
Babana Hotel(Golturkbuku)
TripAdvisor
Elista Hotel & SPA(Golturkbuku)
1,642 results
All reviewsanimation teammain restaurantsea viewseaport restaurantturkeylobby barfishspecial thankswater slidesfamilies with childrenkids clubmini discoopen buffetbeach clubguest relationswonderful beachcrystal clear sea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was the first time I travelled to Hilton in Bodrum, but I can tell you that this most certainly won't be the last time. I stayed at the Hilton for 8 days, 7 nights. Hilton lived up to my expectations.

We booked a room for 3 people, being a room with one double bed and a single bed. Sadly, we arrived too early at the hotel and our room wasn't ready yet, but we went to speak to the manager immediatly, and he gave us another room without any hesitation! I am very please to tell you that this room was a deluxe suite. The deluxe suite includes 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an enormous living room with a dining table in it. When we arrived at our room, the bathrooms were sparkling and the bedroom smelled like flowers. The main bedroom has a king sized bed in it and the second bedroom has one (big) single bed in it. There were amazing blackout curtains in the room, so even if you wanted to sleep during the day, you wouldn't even notice it was day since the curtains blacked out every single source of light coming from the outside. Both bedrooms had a minifridge, and they were both filled with drinks, even when all the drinks were gone, you could still find new ones when you got back from your day relaxing and sunbathing by the pool. Now let's move on to the bathrooms. As I said before, there were two bathrooms, each bathroom had one toilet and one shower. It was so clean in there you could basically eat off of the floor. Enough said about our room though.

Then for dinner, we always went to eat in the Main Restaurant located on the R-floor in the hotel. There were so many things to choose from. They've literally got anything you want. Being from sugar-free food to vegetarian and only meat or fish. At breakfast you can even the get scrambled eggs (which by the way were amazing!). Although, if you wanted a nice spot in the restaurant you had to be there immediatly when it opened or an hour after it opened, in between those two, it was extremely challening to find a nice spot with a beautiful view. And even though the waiters could speak little to no English, they tried their best to understand you and help you, I really ppreciate how much they try, and even if you complain about that, it is probably true that they speak better English than you can speak Turkish. Every single one of the waiters are such loving and nice people. Sometimes my favorite animator, Kadir, sat at the table with us and we just had a little small talk. Of course there were a couple of other restaurants but we only ever went to eat in the Main Restaurant.

There are 4 different pools in the Hotel, 3 of them are located outside, and one of them is located in the spa, where there are little to no people. One of the pools outside is the one where there are 6 different types of water slides. The second one is where most of the children who want to swim in a pool can be found. And the third one is the one where all the animation happens. There are heaps of different activities to do every day. For example, you've got darts, table tennis, football, waterpolo, pool games (a different one every day), ect ect. The animators will never, and I repeat, NEVER, let anyone not get involved. So if you're not very social, like I am, they will just come get you and make you join in their games. The first animator that managed to do that, (which also happens to be my favorite animator) is Kadir. He is one of the nicest and most amazing people I have ever met. We arrived at the pool every day at around 10.30 - 11.00 am. No matter what time it was, there was always a sunbed availabe. There are a couple of nice waiters at the pool bar, who come up to you to ask you what you want to drink before you've even settled properly yet.

I would recommend the Hilton Hotel to everyone visiting Bodrum, no matter what age, since Hilton has a hundred things to do for every age. For example, if you're bringing the youngest in your family, they've got a Mini Disco for kids in the evening & tons of things to do during the daytime. Then of course, your teenager (or maybe even you) can go to one of the disco's in Bodrum itself. The animation team arranges at least 3 nights of going out every week. (Of course you don't have to participate in every single one of them).

I could go on for ages about how lovely I think the Hilton Hotel is, but I'll just stop here. Let me just say this one last thing, I am totally in love with the hotel and I'll be back as soon as possible, so most likely July, 2015. I am sure the Hilton Hotel deserves its 5 stars, and if it were possible I'd give it another 5 stars since it's such an amazing hotel. I hope to see everything back in this state next year.

1  Thank Zoë v
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Zoe V,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our party of 7 stayed at the Hilton Bodrum, Turkubu in July for a week, the other 4 joining us on our recommendations after our stay there in 2013.

Set in a stunning location the “newbies” were immediately impressed by the hotel, its views and the scenery. This year we hadn’t paid the upgrade for the sea view as the balconies are quite small and we hadn’t made the use of it the previous year. However the rooms we were allocated all still had a great (if not side) view of the sea and the bay towards the neighbouring hotel. Rooms were clean, mini bar full, bathrooms sparkling and overloaded with complimentary toiletries, sewing kits, dental sets, loofas etc etc!

I too had read the negative reviews but people should understand that if they want to stay in a resort with more English people or can’t live without a fry up every day then maybe they should set their sights closer to home and try Skegness going forward!

Yes I too saw a room service plate left in the corridor for a day but instead of posting photos and moaning about it I spoke with reception and it was dealt with immediately! This hotel is not cheap as you are paying for a 5 star service which if you give them the opportunity is what you will receive.

Despite being a large party we always managed to get 7 sunbeds together. At every meal we were able to be seated together which ever restaurant we chose to eat in. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Yes you may not be able to converse fluently with some of the waiters but they speak far more English than I can speak Turkish.

The selection in the buffet restaurant is overwhelming, steak, chicken, fish, salad bar, cheese table, pasta cakes, ice cream……….. the list goes on, all freshly prepared and plentiful BUT you must remember you are in Turkey. The food has not been “Englishfied” (thank god), some of the descriptions may not be the best translation (yellow cheese) but what do you expect it’s a foreign country, embrace it or try my Skegness suggestion!

New for this year were the pancake house, cake / ice cream parlour, coffee shop, afternoon kebabs on the beach and the addition of the Italian restaurant open for lunches. Food is available from breakfast to the midnight buffet so there really is no reason to go hungry, although a diet club membership on your return might be necessary!

The cocktail selection is good if a little strong and some international brands are available at no extra cost eg. Smirnoff - you just have to ask. House white is drinkable, although the red is often served chilled so just mention to the staff if you prefer it warmer.

The animation team work hard and try to include young and old alike. There’s so much to do from aqua-robics, shooting, dance lessons to football and darts but if you don’t want to take part that’s fine too. Kadir works tirelessly organising the activities and takes the time to engage with people, even showing off his card tricks!

Although full the hotel was calm and tranquil never crowded or busy. From the gorgeous smelling lobby with its pianist tinkling the ivories in the back ground to the outstanding view from Patio Olive you will wonder how this place stayed a secret for so long!

4  Thank donnastevejassam

Dear Donnastevejassam,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were there for 10 days, we had no plans to do anything much other than relax.

The room was great, we booked a small suite but it was excellent for a family, the living area was long enough for a sofa and a extra bed end to end and there was a separate toilet by the front door. The bedroom door could be closed to give you privacy and the the bedroom had use of the main bathroom and there were still toilet facilities for anyone in the living area. Separate air-conditioning too in each area. The room was a high standard throughout, the excellent blackout curtains meant you did not realise it was morning until you opened them. Drinks fridge with daily top ups of cans of juice and beer with two large bottles of water being available all the time. I don't know if all the suites were in the same place but ours was half a minute walk up the hill outside reception a separate building with a reception desk and seating area when you walked in although not in use.

We were not bothered about being on the decking and some days it could be 11 am before we went to the pool, you could always get sunbeds, the good thing too was that they were not crammed together. Drinks service around the pool a bonus and the lovely girl often brought us our usual drinks before we had even got settled.
We travelled with a 15 year old who considers himself too old to be joining in everything but the animation team had him playing water polo everyday although I don't think Kadir gave him much choice they did include him as much as possible. Kadir sat with us for dinner a couple of nights and was very informative and polite. Much as Sabir tried to get my husband to join in he was having none of it, we work very long hours and he just wanted to read books in the sun.
We didn't really go to the entertainment at the amphitheatre but did enjoy a few drinks outside at the 16 bar when they had bands playing.

The food is not aimed at the British holiday maker and I am not complaining as it caters for the majority of guests who would be Turkish or Russian. We are not fans of fish and I am not a big meat eater so the Paparazzi restaurant did not really appeal to us much to the dismay of guest relations who could not understand why, but we did go to the Italian twice and the Mexican which were both good.
We went to the seafood restaurant through the day (not seafood through day) where you can order snacks from a menu but we did not enjoy that too much. It was only the last full day we had that we realised the Mexican restaurant at the back of Cafe Central also has a lunch menu, we wish we would have know as this definitely would have been our lunchtime choice. We did manage to squeeze in lunch there before leaving the next day.

I agree with other contributors about the Hilton Honours programme as we are gold card holders and did not receive any extra benefits and I had to ask for wifi everyday at reception. I believe you can get an hour everyday in reception free of charge but if you have a gold card ask for the wifi for the whole of the hotel, this gives you 24 hours wifi which you can use in your room and by the pool, as I have my own business it is great to be able to keep in touch via email and keep up to date with any issues rather than have to keep moving to a quiet location to make a phone call. I did have to go to reception everyday for a new pass and for the first few days got someone different each time and had to explain all over again.

The staff at the hotel are excellent, if you are in the main restaurant just stop and have a look how many staff they have working, at some points I thought the staff were going to be more than guests but they are always busy running around. I understand they have to be with the amount of guests but no sooner has someone left a table and it is cleared, they have cleaners picking up all over the hotel throughout the day and night and waiting staff are always on hand.
I would say the efficiency and level of staff make the hotel great.

Negatives? How rude other guests can be, I don't know if it's class or culture but I didn't see many manners. While waiting for lifts guests all get as close to the lift doors as they can and as soon as the doors open the are pushing into the lift regardless of whether anyone is trying to get out. Even though there is lots of space around the pool we had some girls move to the sunbeds near to us, they then dragged other sunbeds for the rest of their party hard up against ours, why I don't know as there was plenty space in front or behind. The girl next to me managed to keep bumping my sunbed, soak me a couple of time when she flicked her hair, she then proceeded to get her ipad or tablet out and I don't know it was a film or just music but she obviously did not think to use headphones and I did not want to sit listening to her Turkish (or whatever it may have been) music. As for bringing your own music to the pool i thought that was a thing of the 80's getto blaster, use headphones and don't be so ignorant.
How some guests could be so dismissive of staff was embarrassing, yes, you are in a 5 star hotel but you are not royalty.
Although the hotel is 5 star it does not have the stuffy feel of a 5 star it has the feel of quality holiday hotel.

Room Tip: Small suite was a bargain when we booked, I would definitely recommend
2  Thank Scaredycat71
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Cath R,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just got back from a 7 day break, this was the second year we have been there and the only place we have gone back too , which in itself is a miracle !.

Very relaxing resort, we only wanted to chill and loved the secluded private cove so much last year we came back. This is for us the attraction, scenic , clean and very attentative staff. Get up early if you want to grab a sun bed right at the front of the decking or on the beach but to be honest not really that important we got down after breakfast at 9 30 and got a nice spot on the second layer without any issues. Loved sitting there in the afternoon and a bar staff offering you a Magnum ! Choice of coffee or raspberry ! Great to just walk down and get straight into the sea from the deck, no sand issues here!.

Rooms were good standard, food was good although a little predictable by day three, plenty of choice , waiter staff were excellent soon , grabbing us a table every night , no shortage of wine.
Watched the World Cup final on the big screen in the open air night club which was great.

Nice to sit in the bar at the lobby and people watch while working through the cocktail list.

Only black spot was the lack of understanding of the Hilton Honors scheme. The somewhat tired reception guy just didn't recognise my card and did nothing to help me with the benefits that I should have got.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are a little noisy at night as the open air nightclub faces , not a problem if you don't intend having an early night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sammy509

Dear Sammy509,

We thank you for your comments, and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again .

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am writing this review while I am here. This is my second consecutive stay. What amazes me the most is not only the natural beauty of the place but also how well the staff is trained. You can only find this much attentive service in an internationally recognized boutique hotel. Especially the service I got from Emrah in the Sarnic Bar is memorable.

Room Tip: 6th floor and right wing, rooms starting with 6301
3  Thank Tezolmez
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Tezolmez,