“Amazing honeymoon!”

Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent 10 days at the hotel for our honeymoon in July and can honestly say it was the best holiday we've ever had! I can't understand all the negativity I've seen about people's experiences! How you can be grumpy in a setting as beautiful as that is beyond me!

From the minute we arrived everyone was warm, friendly and polite. The place was spotless and the staff could not do enough for you, always with a smile on their face as well! The one peice of avice I would offer is, if you have an issues or problems, don't wait until you get back to the UK and log onto trip advisor to mention it!! Speak to a member of staff!! The other thing I would add to that is ask someone to teach you the word for 'Thank you' in Turkish. Really simple, but trust me it goes a long way. Not everyone is polite to the staff so going the extra mile to learn a simple word in their language does really make a difference, they appreciate it.

I normally don't like going to hotels that have a lot of children but here, the animation team keep them so busy you'd hardly know they were around! On that note I have to say the animation team were one of the best I've seen; really friendly and energetic without being in your face or annoying; they want you to have a great holiday! Special mention here to Saber, Jimmy, Alina and Kadir - all of them fantastic, energetic and friendly. There was always something happening around the hotel for you to get involved in and the evening entertainment was definitely the best I've seen on holiday. No tacky kareoke nights with the same people singing the same songs! It was rally good quality entertainment. If you wanted to leave the hotel and do exploring, car rental is reasonably priced and there is lots to do in the surrounding area; Bodrum is only about 20 minutes away by car. Again, ask a member of staff they'll be happy to help!

The food was outstanding as well, I've never seen a buffet like it in my life!! You will not go hungry on a holiday here! Even if you're not very adventurous with your food, you'll find something. It's all delicious. My only problem was we weren't there long enough to try everything!

The only real problem I have is that I want to go back, like now!! Thanks to all the staff for a fantastic holiday :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hannah G
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Hannah G,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Gökhan Kaptan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,627)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed there for 1 week with my family. Check In and Check out was very fast and receptionists were friendly. Overall all staff were very good and helpfull. The hotel was all inclusive type of hotel but surprisingly the food were delicious. The sea was like a pool, you could swim together with fishes, so clean and bright. The customer profile was less than I expected, I didn't fell that I'm staying at Hilton. The beach was also very crowded.

Dear Myserdar,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First of all, we paid extra for sea-view rooms, but got placed right next to folks who paid the garden-view price which was unfair. Secondly, none of the waiters were serving us well, unless we tip them beforehand. Lastly, the chairs on the beach were getting reserved by waiters who get tipped a day prior. Even when we arrived at the beach at 8 am in the morning almost all the chairs were reserved with towels thanks to these corrupt waitresses. Overall experience wasn't even worth 3 stars on a "so-called" 5-star hotel. This experience definitely was a shame on Hilton's name.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Mehmet D
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Mehmet D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback. We do appreciate all comments received as this enables us to review our service and standarts continuously.

We would like to inform you that, based on the observations of our guests and our security department; the seats were reserved by some of our guests. We would also like to inform you that, we have been taken certain precautions; if the owner of the towel does not come in over two hours, the towel is removed by beach attendent.

Once again I would thank you for your feedback. I would certainly hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

First off, a huge thanks to Recai, Recep, Özgür, Ahmet and Rıfkı, who gave me and my family a GREAT service with huge smiles and friendliness at the main restaurant :)

Room service was also very friendly.

People serving at the bars were very friendly.

HOWEVER, I have come across the worst Front Desk experience in my 44 year-life! Here:
1- First, they forcefully upgraded us to a suit (which was more than fine for us)
2- Second day, they asked us to empty the room because they told us that we should be now downgrading!
3- We said "NO!, there's no such thing as upgrading first and downgrading in the middle of the stay!" They insisted and insisted until someone from our tourism agency convinced them to stop this nonsense.
4- Despite my warnings, the front desk kept using somebody else's name instead of mine Every single day we stayed there (4 days)!
5- As a deathblow, I received 3 calls to empty the room after I already requested a bellboy to carry the suitcases out of the room!
5- It took me long time to checkout because my name was STILL not there!
6- I had to go to the front desk to replace my malfunctioning room keys EVERY SINGLE DAY! The staff told me that it is a common problem (!)

As a result, do stay away from the front desk! Everything else is fine.

Will I go there again? I don't think so.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view and are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Kartalgürhan,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest service and quality standards.

I would like to assure you that we will certainly be more attentive and effective and will definitely take actions to your feedback for further improvements.

We would like to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hotel animation team is very weak except Diana And Alina.Diana and Alina was working hard to entartain people and i want to talk about another animator Saber he is very bad animator and also very bad person.He edited my profile picture and instead of my face he put there a watermelon and stort to write bad words about me.He is not worker of 5 star hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cahangir_1996

Dear Cahangir_1996,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback

We do appreciate all comments received as this enables us to review our service and standards continuously.

Our facility at animation providing services to offer you under Hilton standards quality and all of the team is trained on the basis of the principles of customer satisfaction. Our facility welcomes guests from many nations, animation has been created keeping in mind the broad portfolio of guests.

Our concept at entertainment all about, our facilities accommodate all guests' personal tastes and hobbies, taking into account prepared daytime and evening show programs.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for 2 weeks with my family. One the whole, my experience here was brilliant; The weather was lovely, food was good and staff were always very polite and welcoming. The waiters were very helpful when seating us because it was often very full and so hard to sit 8 of us together. The entertainment in the day is good which is ran by the animation team by the pool, several activities are arranged for guests to participate in and it is great to get everyone together. The team are very lively and hard working, in particular Kadir and Alina were lovely to me and all my family, very helpful whenever needed.
One thing that could be improved is the shows in the amphitheatre and the orchestras by the pool, both of which are pretty boring! Although there is the chance to go out to the clubs with the animators which was really good fun. Also, the wifi is a slight problem; having to connect in the lobby every hour is a bit of a pain.
However, on the whole my experience at the Hilton was brilliant! Negative reviews should be ignored and I would fully recommend this hotel to any age.

2  Thank Lucy123589
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Lucy 123589,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Never come back again. I order room from agent. I ask room at main building, but I dont got it. Now I stay at club building, its catastrophic. First floor. All people who walk can look in your windows. Bad smell. Never come to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jamalsp

Dear Jamalsp,

Thank you for this review on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest service and quality standards.

Hereafter we will be more attentive and will definitely take actions to your feedbacks for further improvements.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Gökhan Kaptan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Golturkbuku
Mandarin Oriental, Bodrum
#5 of 20 in Golturkbuku
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
Sianji Wellbeing Resort
#5 of 53 in Turgutreis

Been to Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!