This was a huge beachfront hotel with 1300 guests and 550 staff, the fact that I was not aware of when making the reservation! Although I knew that it was a big hotel, I was not expecting to confront with such a huge one. I have been to Bodrum many times since many years, it is a wonderful place to spend your holiday, but this was the first time I have decided to stay at this hotel.
The children under 12 were free of charge and it was an all inclusive hotel, so can you imagine the scene that we saw when we first checked-in to the hotel? Lots and lots of children all around and people eating and drinking like crazy as if they had been starving for many days... It was a shock to us who wanted to spend a couple of relaxing days at the beach.
The beach was crowded like hell, children screaming and parents screaming back to them. The sea was wonderful actually, you could swim together with the fishes, turquoise water, so clean. If you're lucky enough to find a quite corner, then it could be wonderful. However, this was not so easy! You have to wake up earlier than the beach boys to find sun-loungers, otherwise they're reserving the best ones to the guests who tipped them the day before! This is not acceptable in Hilton!!! I have seen them accepting tips from the guests, in return for reservations for the next day at the beach, I have even seen a guy leaving his shirts to the beach boy to be used as a reservation material instead of beach towels, so that it would be more personal and no one would touch. This was not the case of course, I threw them all at 8 o'clock in the morning and put my own towels! They were reserving some of them with seabeds which were never collected the day before to be on the safe side. These guests were arriving around noon time and the beach boys were serving them as their personal butlers! I do not want to accuse all, but I have seen a few of them making good money out of this! The chairs and stuff were not clean, never cleaned on the beach, which was not hygienic at all and looked filthy.
Some positives as well; Although so crowded, the food was very delicious and plenty. There was a huge open buffet restaurant with plenty of choices. There were also a la carte restaurants for lunch serving beach menu, all included in the price. There were some other choices at the beach as well, like döner, gözleme(turkish pancake), icecream etc. You could never get hungry, there was always something to eat. You could get drinks at all times for free, like the food. At dinner time, there were a la carte restaurants as well as the open buffet. We tried the seafood restaurant and the Greek Tavern. The food was very delicious and plenty. However the decoration of these restaurants could be much better, there were a lot of light instead of candles, though the location were beachfront.
The staff in general, waiters, receptionists, guest relations were working very hard to make you happy, they're friendly and helpful.
The decoration of the hotel was not any close to a beachfront hotel, but a big winter hotel with a huge lobby, huge corridors, ample spaces, unattractive decoration. The room was big and comfortable as should be in such a hotel, but nothing special, not a touch of personality. When I first entered the room, I immediately saw that the door has not been cleaned for so long, it looked so stained and filthy. In general, the hotel did not seem very clean.
Strangest of all, they did not want to give a bill at check-out because we have made our reservation through expedia! After arguing with them, they claimed that they could not give the bill because due to their agreement with expedia, they did not want to show how much percentage they're giving to them!! At the end, they gave us a bill with the deduction of expedia's percentage, so we could not get the whole. We wrote to expedia to solve this problem, hopefully they will help us with the remaining amount. We have been traveling all around the world, staying in many hotels, making reservations through many sources like expedia, booking.com etc and never experienced anything like that, not in a Hilton in other countries neither.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on hotel's sandy beach with decking areas, 3 km to resort centre with local bars and restaurants, 20 km to Bodrum. Four swimming pools (three free-form), water slides, sun terraces and decking areas at the sandy beach with free sun loungers and parasols. A separate "The Beach Club" for Club Members in high season. Indoor pool, buffet restaurant, Seafood, Italian and Turkish a la carte restaurants, lobby bar, two pool bars, two beach bars, 24hr reception, mini-market, boutique, 490 rooms. Spacious rooms 39m2 sleeping 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, each having sitting area, double or twin bed, central air conditioning, TV, telephone, safe, mini bar and bathroom with walk-in shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Hotel Turkbuku / Golturkbuku
- Bodrum Princess Deluxe Hotel
- Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa Turkey/Golturkbuku