“Dissappoinment”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Istanbul, Turkey
“Dissappoinment”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a huge beachfront hotel with 1300 guests and 550 staff, the fact that I was not aware of when making the reservation! Although I knew that it was a big hotel, I was not expecting to confront with such a huge one. I have been to Bodrum many times since many years, it is a wonderful place to spend your holiday, but this was the first time I have decided to stay at this hotel.

The children under 12 were free of charge and it was an all inclusive hotel, so can you imagine the scene that we saw when we first checked-in to the hotel? Lots and lots of children all around and people eating and drinking like crazy as if they had been starving for many days... It was a shock to us who wanted to spend a couple of relaxing days at the beach.

The beach was crowded like hell, children screaming and parents screaming back to them. The sea was wonderful actually, you could swim together with the fishes, turquoise water, so clean. If you're lucky enough to find a quite corner, then it could be wonderful. However, this was not so easy! You have to wake up earlier than the beach boys to find sun-loungers, otherwise they're reserving the best ones to the guests who tipped them the day before! This is not acceptable in Hilton!!! I have seen them accepting tips from the guests, in return for reservations for the next day at the beach, I have even seen a guy leaving his shirts to the beach boy to be used as a reservation material instead of beach towels, so that it would be more personal and no one would touch. This was not the case of course, I threw them all at 8 o'clock in the morning and put my own towels! They were reserving some of them with seabeds which were never collected the day before to be on the safe side. These guests were arriving around noon time and the beach boys were serving them as their personal butlers! I do not want to accuse all, but I have seen a few of them making good money out of this! The chairs and stuff were not clean, never cleaned on the beach, which was not hygienic at all and looked filthy.

Some positives as well; Although so crowded, the food was very delicious and plenty. There was a huge open buffet restaurant with plenty of choices. There were also a la carte restaurants for lunch serving beach menu, all included in the price. There were some other choices at the beach as well, like döner, gözleme(turkish pancake), icecream etc. You could never get hungry, there was always something to eat. You could get drinks at all times for free, like the food. At dinner time, there were a la carte restaurants as well as the open buffet. We tried the seafood restaurant and the Greek Tavern. The food was very delicious and plenty. However the decoration of these restaurants could be much better, there were a lot of light instead of candles, though the location were beachfront.

The staff in general, waiters, receptionists, guest relations were working very hard to make you happy, they're friendly and helpful.

The decoration of the hotel was not any close to a beachfront hotel, but a big winter hotel with a huge lobby, huge corridors, ample spaces, unattractive decoration. The room was big and comfortable as should be in such a hotel, but nothing special, not a touch of personality. When I first entered the room, I immediately saw that the door has not been cleaned for so long, it looked so stained and filthy. In general, the hotel did not seem very clean.

Strangest of all, they did not want to give a bill at check-out because we have made our reservation through expedia! After arguing with them, they claimed that they could not give the bill because due to their agreement with expedia, they did not want to show how much percentage they're giving to them!! At the end, they gave us a bill with the deduction of expedia's percentage, so we could not get the whole. We wrote to expedia to solve this problem, hopefully they will help us with the remaining amount. We have been traveling all around the world, staying in many hotels, making reservations through many sources like expedia, booking.com etc and never experienced anything like that, not in a Hilton in other countries neither.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ccelebi
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Ccelebi,

Thank you for this review on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests as we constantly strive to achieve the highest service and quality standards.

Hereafter we will be more attentive and will definitely take actions to your feedbacks for further improvements.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Gökhan Kaptan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The name Hilton first attracted me. But it was a local resort.
Nice rooms, but small. Unfortunately very unprofessional front desk. nobody knows anything.
On the beach club there was two standard of service. the guests (important) coming from outside were treated differently. I had argument for beach towels because front desk didn't give us towel cards. but there was a special service to some people that were not from the hotel. Beach staff was informed to give very special!!!! service and staff was saving the best beach location to these guests. we also had a very ugly punishment from the hotel management when we asked to checkout 1 hour later (as a silver member). They said that the resort was full. but it wasn't.
Shortly, this resort shouldn't have the name HILTON.

As a travel professional I will also report this special treatment and unprofessional front desk to HILTON headquarters.

Resort location and restaurant is not the the only reason to give 5 stars to a resort.
NOTE: This review does not include all the HILTON hotels & Resort. I have and will have more Hilton & Doubletree hotels with better ratings.

3 Thank Lak54
Hiltonbodrum, Front Office Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 October 2014
Dear Mr. Lak 54,

We are very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your experiences at the Hilton Bodrum Türkbükü Resort & SPA however your feedback is much appreciated.

After we read your comments on tripadvisor we made an investigation about your complaint and saw that we couldn’t accept your request due to heavy occupancy on your Checkout day.

Please kindly be informed that towel cards has been prepared due to the occupancy and given to our guest by their Check-in. Our guest can take their towel by this card during their accommodation.

I am glad to make you know that our team members are aware of all Hilton standards and continuously having trainings about hospitality issues while operating and taking actions.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcome you again.

Best Regards,

Ali Telli
Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

First time at hilton but must say the service was wonderfull. A massive thanks to the guys in the kitchen and the waiters in the main restourant especially to Kadir and Isa who took really good care of us. Further more Taylan can and his team was exellent at +16 pool. The only thing is that i wished that they would have had a shuttle service to the town centrewhich is approximately 10mins away by taxi. Entertainment team was quiet good as well, they had all sorts of activities day and night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank erkan1982
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Sayın Erkan 1982,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vermont
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in July 2014 for several nights. It is an all inclusive resort in southwestern Turkey that is considered to be in the Turkish Riviera region. And with good reason! Water and facilities were amazing.

The hotel is very funky as it is set high in the hills above a spectacular cove. Steps everywhere so definitely a resort for the physically fit! We found the water and cove to be so enjoyable. Pretty easy to find a chairs and umbrellas but prime spots were taken pretty early. Never really an issue. The water was so clean and clear. We couldn't get out of the water.

Food for an all inclusive resort was varied and of extremely high quality. Waitstaff was very attentive and always had a smile on their face. Evening entertainment was fun but they could have used an adults only lounge for evenings. That would be my only true complaint.

Overall would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Colleen_M_Price
Dear Colleen_M_Price,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent 10 days at the hotel for our honeymoon in July and can honestly say it was the best holiday we've ever had! I can't understand all the negativity I've seen about people's experiences! How you can be grumpy in a setting as beautiful as that is beyond me!

From the minute we arrived everyone was warm, friendly and polite. The place was spotless and the staff could not do enough for you, always with a smile on their face as well! The one peice of avice I would offer is, if you have an issues or problems, don't wait until you get back to the UK and log onto trip advisor to mention it!! Speak to a member of staff!! The other thing I would add to that is ask someone to teach you the word for 'Thank you' in Turkish. Really simple, but trust me it goes a long way. Not everyone is polite to the staff so going the extra mile to learn a simple word in their language does really make a difference, they appreciate it.

I normally don't like going to hotels that have a lot of children but here, the animation team keep them so busy you'd hardly know they were around! On that note I have to say the animation team were one of the best I've seen; really friendly and energetic without being in your face or annoying; they want you to have a great holiday! Special mention here to Saber, Jimmy, Alina and Kadir - all of them fantastic, energetic and friendly. There was always something happening around the hotel for you to get involved in and the evening entertainment was definitely the best I've seen on holiday. No tacky kareoke nights with the same people singing the same songs! It was rally good quality entertainment. If you wanted to leave the hotel and do exploring, car rental is reasonably priced and there is lots to do in the surrounding area; Bodrum is only about 20 minutes away by car. Again, ask a member of staff they'll be happy to help!

The food was outstanding as well, I've never seen a buffet like it in my life!! You will not go hungry on a holiday here! Even if you're not very adventurous with your food, you'll find something. It's all delicious. My only problem was we weren't there long enough to try everything!

The only real problem I have is that I want to go back, like now!! Thanks to all the staff for a fantastic holiday :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hannah G
Dear Hannah G,

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed there for 1 week with my family. Check In and Check out was very fast and receptionists were friendly. Overall all staff were very good and helpfull. The hotel was all inclusive type of hotel but surprisingly the food were delicious. The sea was like a pool, you could swim together with fishes, so clean and bright. The customer profile was less than I expected, I didn't fell that I'm staying at Hilton. The beach was also very crowded.

Dear Myserdar,

Madison, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First of all, we paid extra for sea-view rooms, but got placed right next to folks who paid the garden-view price which was unfair. Secondly, none of the waiters were serving us well, unless we tip them beforehand. Lastly, the chairs on the beach were getting reserved by waiters who get tipped a day prior. Even when we arrived at the beach at 8 am in the morning almost all the chairs were reserved with towels thanks to these corrupt waitresses. Overall experience wasn't even worth 3 stars on a "so-called" 5-star hotel. This experience definitely was a shame on Hilton's name.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Mehmet D
Hiltonbodrum, General Manager at Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Mehmet D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback. We do appreciate all comments received as this enables us to review our service and standarts continuously.

We would like to inform you that, based on the observations of our guests and our security department; the seats were reserved by some of our guests. We would also like to inform you that, we have been taken certain precautions; if the owner of the towel does not come in over two hours, the towel is removed by beach attendent.

Once again I would thank you for your feedback. I would certainly hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Gökhan Kaptan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golturkbuku
Rixos Premium Bodrum
#6 of 18 in Golturkbuku
La Blanche Island Bodrum
La Blanche Island Bodrum
#2 of 9 in Guvercinlik

Been to Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!