“Great stuff”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great stuff”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed the 1st week Oct 2013. The weather was not the best at the beginning of the week, but some would say it was quite exciting conditions!

The hotel was very nice, with good design details, clean, tidy, with great meals and drinks included all in the price. The staff really nice and helpful and could not do enough for you. The grounds were lovely with mature trees, flowers, bushes and wild life, but with a few hills to negotiate from the reception to the rooms further up the hill. Golf cars are available for anyone if you require a shuttle from room to reception etc.

The only shortcomings were the night entertainment - somewhat lacking esp. when weather bad and needed cheering up during the day and evenings! Although the day we departed, all became normal again, so only a temporary thing I would say. Noise of guests moving about in the apartments above or below and limited things to do immediately outside the hotel.

The local harbour and sea village Turkbuku is within 15 to 20 mins walk down the hill and worth a walk to see. We saw plenty of wildlife, birds, fish and even tortoises on the way! Bodrum town only a short cheap bus ride from the Hotel main security gate. Bodrum has certainly cleared up its act since my last visit some 20 years ago and would go again.

Overall very happy despite the weather. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach bar may be noisy. Rooms away from main reception are set in nice grounds a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Natallia K, Manager at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear “Mark186220”,

Thank you a lot for your positive Feedback and your warm words, addressed to our personal. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us at Voyage Türkbükü. It would be a pleasure for us to see and serve you again.

Best regards
Derya Yudulmaz CRM Support

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at the Voyage Turkbuku from 14th- 23rd September with my partner and we had the most fantastic holiday. I am someone who reads countless reviews before I go away anywhere and after 2 full months of research I decided on this hotel.
Even before we arrived I knew I had made the right choice, it was my partners birthday on the day of arrival and so I emailed in advance to ask if there was anything special they could do.
When we arrived our room was decorated with balloons, towel work, roses, rose petals scattered on the bed, wine and a fruit basket - we were blown away! They also organised for a singer who was on that night to sing happy birthday to my partner while they brought us a birthday cake at the beach bar! Nothing was too much trouble and I really have to thank Meltern the guest relations manager for everything she did for us.

I could go on for ages about all the things we loved, but I'll sum it up in bullet points to make it quicker:

*Excellent room location - we stayed in room 3162 which was right by the pool and only a few minute walk down to reception and a few more to the main restaurant. If you aren't a walker the buggy carts were always around if you don't mind sometimes waiting.
*The room - the room itself was fantastic. I paid extra for a villa/bungalow room on booking as I'd read from previous reviewers that this was well worth it - it was, it was fab, and you should upgrade too. Fully stocked fridge and water and other drinks were replaced daily. We ended up having a 2 bed villa even though we only needed one bedroom, and it was gorgeous, great to store suitcases etc and nice being on the upper floor and sit out on the balcony.
* All inclusive branded drinks: extensive drinks menu with excellent cocktails (they also made me cocktails that weren't on the menu) Very happy!
* Food - Breakfast: Yummy. Omelettes/fried eggs cooked to order, potatoes, fresh breads from the onsite bakery, cheeses, hams, waffles, pancakes, tomatoes, cereals, so much to choose from.
Lunch: You can choose to have pizza cooked to order at the pool dining area which was very nice along with other dishes, the main restaurant has a full buffet and just under the restaurant there is a beach snack bar which do a mcdonalds style burger meal (that was ok, although not as good as the other food I had) plus other snacky things.
Dinner: The food was of a very high quality, we particularly enjoyed the fresh section where the chefs cook the food in front of you, this was all lovely and tasted delicious - meats, fish, a pasta dish, pittas, chips etc, there was always lots of choice. The other food is served in buffet style trays. Like many before me it is true that the food from these trays can be luke warm, that did not bother me too much as I mainly had vegetables from this section, we realised the trick to eating any good buffet is to watch out for a fresh batch as it replaces the old one.

Obviously when you are staying all inclusive the food can seem repetitive, it is inevitable, I suppose the trick is to find something different each night. We didn't try the free a la carte restaurants as we were happy with the buffet.

*Entertainment: The only places to go in the hotel at are the small indoor bar or the beach bar outside. We went to the beach bar every night and enjoyed relaxing there, catching up with our friends via the free wifi, and chilling out. The entertainment was quite limited but varied. There was a DJ, live singers, string quartet, and my favourites were the two dance groups - they were fantastic. If you like a night of karaoke, quizzing and competitions then this isn't how it is at the Voyage. However if you are happy enough with your holiday buddy many hours can be spent chatting the night away.
*Ice creams: Unlimited, delicious, different flavours of Carte D'or from the beach snack bar or branded magnums/cornettos/ice lollys etc from the bakery.
*Sunloungers - always plenty to choose from and we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get one.
*Holidaying mid Sept: Great time of year to come as the hotel isn't packed and the weather is fab
*Everything else: Great staff, so helpful and friendly and I loved how clean the hotel was, the public toilets were immaculate!
*Daytrips - we did Ephesus through dosomethingdifferent.com, Ephesus is fantastic, we weren't particularly happy with the tour provider although they were loads cheaper then Thomas Cook £32 vs £52. We also caught the Dolmus from outside the hotel to Bodrum, it costs 7 lira to get to Bodrum (about £2) and takes about 30 minutes. We had a great day and loved exploring the castle and museum of Underwater Archaeology well worth the cheap entry fee (20 Lira).

I hope this has helped and to sum up this hotel is well worth booking, good value for money and somewhere I'd go back to... if I can start saving - maybe next year!!

Room Tip: Go for a villa/bungalow - much better then the rooms and really worth it. We had one right by the po...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rachel_Bing
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. We had a lovely 2 bedroom family villa room which was very clean & spacious and had a fantastic walk in wardrobe. The only down side is that we were situated in the furthest rooms away from the main hotel, bar & restaurant.The food in the main restaurant was excellent although a little repetative but there was a vast amount of choice and our waiter Tolga made sure we were well looked after. The A La Carte restaurants I was not overly impressed with. The food in the Turkish restaurant was not as good as was lead to believe and likewise with the Fish restaurant. We travelled the middle of August and had no problem with sunbeds on either the pontoon or beach. The pool area was very quiet. I will say that other than the beds on the pontoon which were really comfortable the others needed to be replaced they were the most uncomfortable beds I've ever been on and looked like they were on their last legs. The main problem area with this hotel is the main bar. It is the only place to go in the evenings and the service wasn't great. The entertainment was nothing to write home about and consisted every other day of DJ Mert who played very loud dance music in which you couldn't have a conversation with anyone as it was so loud, the other days consisted of singers & groups some good some not so. The drinks are all main brands which was good and they did have an extensive cocktail list. The ice creams again were all branded like Magnums & Calypo's & Carte D'or and there was a pattiserrie in the hotel lobby. My parents also stayed at the hotel the same time with us and they had an awful room , it was right next to the hotel bar and was absolutely tiny, there was no balcony there was a wall full of cracked tiles in bathroom and mould!! They travelled with First Choice and most of the First Choice clients seemed to be put in these rooms. We all had evening flights and we asked the day before & on the day if we could keep our room on for a few extra hours the receptionists were quite rude & unhelpful. They said that the hotel was full and couldn't even offer a courtesy room and we were told we would have to use the turkish baths to get showered & changed which wasn't really suitable. We went into Bodrum a few times on the Dolmus you can pick it up just outside the hotel security gates. It costs 7 lira eachway and takes about 35-40mins. If you are looking to book any trips book them in Bodrum it is far cheaper to book this way rather than with the holiday reps and they do come & collect you and drop off to the hotel. All in all not a bad hotel but not as luxurious as you would expect for a 5* Hotel.

Room Tip: Family villa rooms are lovely & spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CrazyDaizy10
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 10 September 2013

As most of you know, Bodrum is a very touristic place that you have a lot of option in terms of hotels. I have stayed several different hotels but this one was the best. All inclusive so you can drink and eat as much as you want and anytime like most other option but usually after dinner time or between meals there is not much thing to eat except this hotel you can find food anytime but also delicious food. Employees are always smiley even at 2 am in the morning. Rooms are very clean. The massage therapist had training from Tibet and he is so good at it. We were supposed to check out at 12 and our plane was at 7pm so we have had a lot of time before we go to airport and they said we can hang out in the hotel for free and we can use all the facilities, including restaurants and bars. So overall I am positive that the money will be worth it.

Room Tip: The hotel is quiet there is no A/C unit noise or anything and very close to see, you can never be wr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
St.Helens, Merseyside
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in August with my partner! Couldn't have asked for anything better! Especially, I would like to mention the restaurant manager Ahmet sert. He was so helpful and attentive to every need we had, very friendly and willing to do anything to help.
We mentioned that we had a birthday to someone and after amazing food in the restaurant we arrived back to the room to find a bottle of Champagne and wonderful fruit basket! - unbelieveable and very nice touch to add to the perfect birthday!
The chef in the restaurant is always around and the food is impeccable ... What else can I say... This is the BEST place I have ever stayed!!
I would like to say thank you very much Ahmet sert for the best service we had!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank czyK8tie
norfolk
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Best family holiday we have had. Hotel spotless, service fantastic, excellent food, branded drinks and ice creams, nothing is too much trouble at hotel. Only negative if you want a Brit hotel this is not for you as majority of guests very nice Turkish people from Istanbul, the bonus of this is no drunken beer drinking Brits and no towel war for a sun bed, you can get a sun bed by the pool any time of day and we went In August.
Excellent holiday would def go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NorfolkBear100
Dendermonde, Belgium
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed in Voyage Tükbüku at the end of May 2013.

We had a appartment outside the main building which was a very nice space for the two of us. Food, service and staff are very helpfull. Room was very clean, bathroom was perfect. The little terrace outside the room was definitely a plus.
The variety of food is enormous, local offer, european offer, to much to list in this review. We took advantage of the possibility to have a dinner in the turkish restaurant outside the main building and also there we had a great dinner. Had to dine quite quick but nevertheless we enjoyed.
I enjoyed the hospitality of the staff in the restaurant, since I'm a difficult person when it comes to coffee they seemed to know me good and always provided me with the good stuff (double espresso).
We had some luches at the pool side restaurant/bar (a la carte). Small offer, great taste and very good service!

Questions
Just never understood why we as Correndon customers had to wear a yellow braclet. Everyone else also had a all inclusive without having to wear a bracelet...

To be improved
We ordered one breakfast the day before a excursion at the lobby but they seemed to have lost the voucher so the breakfast needed to be arranged very quick...
The music at the pools side is to loud for us.
Organizing the staff around the main outside bar. Depending your location around the bar you'll be served very quick or very slow.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aktinix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golturkbuku
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
Vogue Bodrum
Vogue Bodrum
#4 of 24 in Torba
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,526 reviews

Been to Voyage Turkbuku? Share your experiences!