“Re; Handbags and Belts Bodrum”
Review of Voyage Turkbuku

Voyage Turkbuku
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Golturkbuku
Reading, United Kingdom
“Re; Handbags and Belts Bodrum”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel having already stayed at 4 other Voyage hotels over the last 4 years.
The hotel is situated on a very elevated site and whilst shuttles were available, you were still a little way from the hub of the hotel which we thought would make it a quiet location but the shuttles are noisy and woke me many times at night. Our room was very spacious and well equipped although the floor was very dirty on arrival but a quick mention of this to reception and it was soon rectified. The cleaner left the patio door unlocked most mornings which we did complain about after the first time, but that made no difference so we had to check daily after the cleaner had left. Towels were changed daily bed linen was not changed
The large swimming pool and slides are found at the top of the resort and the smell of sewage was none too pleasant! The beach was well equipped with sun beds (no need to get up at 6 in the morning to get a good one). There was waiter service on the pier and food and drink stations to hand.
The food in the restaurant was to the usual high standard we expected from the Voyage chain but the a la carte restaurants weren't really worth the visit. You get given a selection of starters but have no idea what you are eating. We did ask but had to wait for a waiter who could understand English to explain.
In the main restaurant on the first morning, we notice an electrical junction box which the front of was hanging off its hinges - the sellotape they had used wasn't strong enough to hold it on!). This box was under the shelf with the toaster on and any inquisitive child could easily have grabbed hold on it. We did mention this for safety reasons and a couple of days later it appeared mended. Alas - the new sellotape still couldn't do the job!
My husband decided to hire a jet ski which cost £40 for 10 minutes - £75 for 20 minutes- a total rip off for the captive audience! Need for speed took over
Entertainment in the evenings didn't start until 9.45 and the Turkish seemed to be enjoying it but for the few of us English, it was pretty awful. Only the Turkish are catered for in the evenings.
Apart from us two, there were two families of four and a couple - 8 English in total so probably weren't worth bothering about!
One lad at the beach bar called Metehan was exceptional in terms of his work ethic. From the start of his shift to the end, he was constantly back and forth to the kitchen with heavy trays laden with glasses and crockery. The service was a lot slower on his day off! Well done Metehan. Also kader( beach bar) deserves a mention for trying very hard to understand English
The fitness area was left available 24/7 the floor was rarely cleaned (used daily by me)
The spa and sauna offered a good service With the sauna being free of charge (used daily by me )
There is no lost property control as I lost a pair of weight training gloves in the fitness centre
not recovered
WIFI not available in the rooms Beach Bar and reception best place
1 hour transfer time to Bodrum Airport
Bodrum on the local buses costs 7 TL each way per person half the price of the private hotel shuttle Market Day Tuesday
Would we recommend this hotel to others - probably not -we preferred the Voyage Bodrum.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa style room High level quiet with sea view if possible
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamesntwillis
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear “jamesntwillis”,

Thank you for your kind and detailed review. We are happy that you stayed at our hotels and were impressed by the quality of Voyage. It was also a pleasure to read that you enjoyed especially the spa treatments at Voyage Türkbükü.
We also appreciate your mentioned suggestions because being aware of areas for improvement is very important for us.
Please note that we would be pleased to welcome you again at our complex.

Kadriye Özçelik CRM Support

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Voyage Turkbuku was very clean, organised and had lots of extras that make it all the more special. As a vegetarian i found the food to be beautiful. The pool and beach where gorgeous. Beware that we were less impressed with trips; to Ephesus it took us around 4hours each way and to Pammukale it took around 6hours each way which we where not informed off, though this is not Voyage Turkbukus fault. The only real complaint i can make is with the staff, especially the reception staff who spoke extremely limited english and where often not at all helpful. However staff in other areas such as the at the pool were wonderful. All in all i would recommend a holiday here!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear “Georgia S”,

We want to thank you for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. It makes us happy to know that you enjoyed our wide range of facilities at Voyage Türkbükü and had a nice stay. We also appreciate your constructive comments, which we forwarded to the responsible people.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you here again.

Best Regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just returned after having spent 5 nights. The property is simply wonderful; individual villa-typed houses spread around the main complex which includes the reception and guest relations.
We arrived around 11:00 am; and as the standard check in time was at 14:00 we were prepared to wait until our room being cleaned. However, a nice receptionist lady first directed us to the breakfast buffet; and in 30 minutes our room was ready. That was simply amazing.
Our room was a villa right across the kids’ club. It was very near to the main complex; and therefore walking to the beach was never a problem. They have small buggies (they call shuttles) that you can call from your room; and they immediately send you one. So even if your room is far away you never have to walk! Cool.
The worst thing about my room was the cleanliness and the bad smell. Hygiene conditions were terrible, very dusty room, sheets reeking of dampness, and a very dirty bathroom! I was annoyed and told the reception on the second day that I needed a room which did not have extreme dampness all over the walls. I was not eager to change the room but even our bikinis and towels was not wet from the humidity. So I they did something to the AC and suddenly, the damp smell was much tolerable. I did not have to change my room. The hygiene problem, though, was far from being fixed. I assume because of the high volume of business the maids do not have enough time to clean properly. But cleanliness in Voyage Turkbuku is by far the worst problem.
The restaurant staff is very polite, kind an helpful. Especially Mehmet Can and Hidir was excellent. The outside seating area had limited capacity, so waiters were doing their best to clean the empty tables as quick as they can. Yes, the beverage serving was very slow, but that was understandable as guests totally outnumbered the staff.
Food was EXCELLENT. Everything we ate was simply delicious and the variety is huge. We eagerly cleared our plates on every single meal.
The hotel has a pastry shop open until 23:00 and boy, they have a lot of chocolate in that shop! They were always smiling; and asking you if you need anything else.
The most striking thing about the staff is that, after they get you what you ordered, they stop by every 5 minutes to check if you need anything else. That was amazing!! I never met any staff in Bodrum that was so willing to please you.
Beach bar is a very nice place decorated all in white; and they have branded drinks but the staff there was not very good! One time I went over there to ask for a drink; and the gentleman I was speaking to just turned his head to his colleague and started talking to him. He simply ignored me talking to him. That was rude?! However, Sevilay, on the contrary was very helpful, positive and excellent!
As an all-inclusive guest you are entitled to book one dinner at the fish restaurant and one at the kebab place. The fish was OK; but the kebab place was beyond perfect. All of their kebabs are made of lamb, but if you detest lamb as I do, they go above and beyond; and magically chicken skewers appear. I know they did this solely for guest satisfaction, and that was very very nice of them. Their sincerity made us feel like we were home. They brought us Menengic coffee at the end of dinner, which is not listed on the menu. We really felt special, many thanks to Eyup and Mustafa!

So all in all it was a great place to stay, you totally get your money’s worth, to the every penny and back.
The hotel is definitely nice, but I personally would go there again not for its brick and stone; but for its staff. They were simply perfect! They made a memorable stay for us and I cannot thank them enough.

Room Tip: Villa rooms on the entrance floor reeks of dampness; and your towels never go dry! Ask for a second...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anonymous Andy O
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear “Anonymous Andy O”,

Thank you for your nice and detailed review. It was a pleasure for us to read your compliments dedicated to our friendly staff, the variety in restaurants and the different facilities at the complex. Therefore, we are happy that we could contribute to a pleasant stay at Voyage Türkbükü.
Being aware of areas for improvement is very important for us. Hence, we also forwarded your complaints to the responsible people.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again for another memorable stay.

Stockholm
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the perfect hotel with the perfect staff! Hotel is clean and fresh, the rooms were excellent and the food delicious! We were there four adults and seven children between ages of six and twelve! The varity of food, desserts, ice cream and drinks was the children's favorite, that and the shuttles! This is by far one of the best hotels we have been to! I sent my greetings to all the staff, especially Mustafa and Nazife in customer relations and Yusuf , driving the shuttle! //chamiram from room 4092 (June 9-15 2014)

• Stayed June 2014
CrmManagement, Manager at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear “Chamiram”,

Thank you for your nice feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy that we could contribute to a wonderful stay at Voyage Türkbükü and to take part at your lovely holiday memories. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the range of varieties at our hotel and our personalized service.
We are looking forward to welcome and serve you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, excellent staff! This is the best place for a wonderful vacation. Personal is very positive. They always are very kind, I want to thank you all the staff for their favour. Me and my family had an amazing holiday, we want to come again, especially our children.
The food was great!
Ant the best thing of this hotel is swimming with fish in sea!
I really recommend it, this hotel will be your best choice!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank piriloncel
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear “piriloncel”,

It was a pleasure for us to read your nice review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your compliments especially regarding our friendly and qualitative service as well as our staff. We are happy that you recommend Voyage Türkbükü and that you will visit us together with your family again. Looking forward to it!

Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Visited for the third time they are certainly not standing still, new decking by the beach even more luxury sun beds and new standard sun beds on the sand. They have also added a waffle and fresh fruit bar on the beach to add to the coffee and soft drinks bar. There was a beach party at 3pm each day including live music one day. The waiter service was great during the sun bathing sessions, water, milk vodka shots anything your taste desired.
Food was super, there is a party night with fun music laser show and a great atmosphere, entertainment most nights, but also a quiet bar if things were not to your taste. No inferior all inclusive drinks here, branded spirits, choice of vodka, scotch, Irish and becks, miller light etc.
Patisserie open for 12 hours each day with super cakes gateaux , and even Magnum ice creams. You could also get carte dor ice variety in cones on the beach.
What's not to love. Staff very professional service super and friendly. The hotel is not near to bars etc but tucked away, mainly Turkish visitors, but you can catch a bus into Bodrum if you need an outing.

Room Tip: All bungalows are much the same if you want quiet be higher up they have buggies to collect you and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marji-annne
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear “Marji-annne”,

Thank you for sharing your kind review on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to read your compliments regarding the improvements, our high quality service and especially our friendly staff. It motivates us to know that our efforts lead to a memorable stay of our guests.
We would be happy to welcome and serve you again at Voyage Türkbükü. Looking forward to it!

Best Regards,
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The following review was previously published on Tripadvisor on 2 June but I would now like to update the review.

UPDATE: The day after the review was published I was contacted several times by telephone by the Manager of the Voyage Turkbuku but I did not really have anything to say to him and the line was very poor being a mobile connection. The hotel subsequently e-mailed me and said that they wanted to "express our apologies verbally" about the holiday and I finally agreed to speak to them that evening when I returned home from work. I was contacted at around 7.30pm by a lady from the hotel who phoned and offered me 3 complimentary nights stay at the hotel if I was prepared to remove my negative review and replace the review with a positive one. She was very pushy and kept saying that they were offering me a gift if I would remove my review. I politely declined the offer and refused to remove my review as it was an accurate and honest synopsis of our holiday. I cannot believe that after 2 appalling holidays at the Voyage Turkbuku that they thought that I would possibly return and as a person of integrity I would never be prepared to submit an inaccurate review. I will not return to the Voyage Turkbuku ever again but I just hope that the management will take on-board my comments and employ a person who can communicate effectively in English and meet their British guests requests and teach their staff a little common courtesy. We have stayed in Turkey several times -- always 5-star -- and we have always found the Turkish staff to be helpful, attentive and friendly -- particularly at the Bodrum Hilton.

My original review was:

We stayed in this hotel for the second week in May and the product they offer is excellent but the delivery is atrocious. There is no common courtesy and even the "Guest Relations" staff cannot understand the most basic of English -- words such as not from my rep / suitcase / can I pay for a phone call. On the morning of the first day there I asked Guest Relations for three items: 12 x coat-hangers / white wine in our minibar and 2 chairs for our French balcony. 12 hours later nothing had happened so I phoned up Guest Relations, they just sighed and put the phone down. The next morning I went to Guest relations in person and our requests were eventually met. The staff get very rude when they don't understand you and upon repeating yourself to the fifth person it is does get a little tiring. I subsequently asked from some white wine for our mini bar 3 days running via the phone and 2 bottles eventually arrive -- four days later. You gave them your room number, they sighed and slammed down the phone -- what an inconvenience guests are to these people! The next problem we had was that we were placed in a standard hotel room -- which I must say was tiny compared to the villa room we booked on our previous stay -- and the hotel room situated overlooking a building site next door where they were demolishing the hotel complex. The noise -- which could also be heard constantly at the Beach Bar was from 7am to after 8pm. I went to reception to ask to be moved and the ignorant woman at reception just laughed and said "I don't speak English" and that was all the help I received. In the meantime I could not get hold of our Jet2Holidays rep and it transpires that she had been sacked but no-one from Jet2Holidays bothered to contact us to tell us until I finally contacted the resort offer. There was no information file, display board, nothing at the hotel relating to Jet2Holidays. Back to the hotel -- the Beach bar was in a great location but the service was non-existent. THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT IF YOU ARE TURKISH OR FRENCH but the British are simply ignored because there are so few English people there. We were one of 3 couples who returned home after the week. There was one older bar man with a ponytail at the beach bar and I went to the bar to order 2 drinks but I was told to "sit down and wait to be served at the table". This was when there were 4 waiting staff stood at the other end of the bar talking and ignoring everyone. I then returned to my table and waited over 15 minutes for someone to come over to serve us. Turkish people were served almost immediately. The service was even worse in the evenings and it could take up to 20 minutes for you to get a drink. It took 5 attempts of ordering a Vodka & Tonic -- the staff did not understand what you ordered -- I think you will agree the V&Ts are one of the most popular drinks in any country. Food quality at the buffet restaurant was excellent and had improved greatly since we stayed at this hotel 3 years ago. However, the atrocious service had not.

The positives about this hotel are that all the drinks and food are of the very highest quality and the location is spectacular and that was the reason for our returning for a second time. I must say that the service and attention you receive in both the Lobby Bar and Pool Bar is excellent.

Many of the restaurant staff looked scruffy and unkempt. I do realise that was probably due to the unbelievably long hours these people -- mostly very young staff -- have to work. By day 4 of our holiday half of the staff looked half-dead and kept making mistakes because they were so tired.

If only the staff could be given a basic course in English things would be a lot better for we Brits who are paying of thousands of pounds and expect a decent level of service. The management of the Voyage Turkbuku are quick to take money from British holiday companies but the staff make it blatantly clear that you are second class citizens within the hotel and you are treated with contempt. Upon the day of checking out I phoned reception twice and my Mum went in person once to ask for a bellboy to collect our suitcases -- we waited over half an hour and no-one arrived so we carried them ourselves -- my Mum being a lady in her mid 60s -- this was acceptable in their eyes and they never even apologised! At the moment, only venture to the Voyage Turkbuku if you speak fluent Turkish and don't expect any politeness or common courtesy. Upon checking out the reception staff don't even have the common courtesy to ask if you have had a good stay or even say "Thank-you"! But what do you should we expect -- they don't speak English!!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Villa Room -- unless you want to be placed next to a building site!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank LJH1971
CrmManagement, Manager at Voyage Turkbuku, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Our Guest’s satisfaction during their stay at Voyage Türkbükü is the most important priority. This explains the reason you were contacted from our side by phone.
We are always open minded to contact our guests directly if needed in order to better understand what was missed by offering them a fully satisfying stay according to their expectations.
Our single aim for conversation with you was to let you know, that we took your comments into account and are ready to provide a stay at Voyage Türkbükü the way you was expecting.

Natallia Kasukhina
CRM Manager Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golturkbuku
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Golturkbuku
Vogue Bodrum
Vogue Bodrum
#3 of 23 in Torba

Been to Voyage Turkbuku? Share your experiences!