We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel having already stayed at 4 other Voyage hotels over the last 4 years.
The hotel is situated on a very elevated site and whilst shuttles were available, you were still a little way from the hub of the hotel which we thought would make it a quiet location but the shuttles are noisy and woke me many times at night. Our room was very spacious and well equipped although the floor was very dirty on arrival but a quick mention of this to reception and it was soon rectified. The cleaner left the patio door unlocked most mornings which we did complain about after the first time, but that made no difference so we had to check daily after the cleaner had left. Towels were changed daily bed linen was not changed
The large swimming pool and slides are found at the top of the resort and the smell of sewage was none too pleasant! The beach was well equipped with sun beds (no need to get up at 6 in the morning to get a good one). There was waiter service on the pier and food and drink stations to hand.
The food in the restaurant was to the usual high standard we expected from the Voyage chain but the a la carte restaurants weren't really worth the visit. You get given a selection of starters but have no idea what you are eating. We did ask but had to wait for a waiter who could understand English to explain.
In the main restaurant on the first morning, we notice an electrical junction box which the front of was hanging off its hinges - the sellotape they had used wasn't strong enough to hold it on!). This box was under the shelf with the toaster on and any inquisitive child could easily have grabbed hold on it. We did mention this for safety reasons and a couple of days later it appeared mended. Alas - the new sellotape still couldn't do the job!
My husband decided to hire a jet ski which cost £40 for 10 minutes - £75 for 20 minutes- a total rip off for the captive audience! Need for speed took over
Entertainment in the evenings didn't start until 9.45 and the Turkish seemed to be enjoying it but for the few of us English, it was pretty awful. Only the Turkish are catered for in the evenings.
Apart from us two, there were two families of four and a couple - 8 English in total so probably weren't worth bothering about!
One lad at the beach bar called Metehan was exceptional in terms of his work ethic. From the start of his shift to the end, he was constantly back and forth to the kitchen with heavy trays laden with glasses and crockery. The service was a lot slower on his day off! Well done Metehan. Also kader( beach bar) deserves a mention for trying very hard to understand English
The fitness area was left available 24/7 the floor was rarely cleaned (used daily by me)
The spa and sauna offered a good service With the sauna being free of charge (used daily by me )
There is no lost property control as I lost a pair of weight training gloves in the fitness centre
WIFI not available in the rooms Beach Bar and reception best place
1 hour transfer time to Bodrum Airport
Bodrum on the local buses costs 7 TL each way per person half the price of the private hotel shuttle Market Day Tuesday
Would we recommend this hotel to others - probably not -we preferred the Voyage Bodrum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voyage Türkbükü is the ideal destination for guests to enjoy a fun packed holiday right by the Hebil Bay. This magnificent spot, where the deep blue of the Aegea meets the shores of the wonderful nature, is just 22 km from Bodrum's city. 200 rooms with Standard- and Bungalow roomtypes are available. Free Wi-Fi at the lobby and beach bar you can use also. At the private fine pebble beach with its own pier and sun beds you can enjoy every second of your holiday. You'll find everything you need to have the perfect holiday with your baby. With its 'smiling babies' concept, Voyage Türkbükü offers you unlimited facilities like pushchairs, baby carriers and baby beds. With its 'Ultra all inclusive' concept, Voyage Türkbükü offers its guests a countless package of fun activities. With different water slides, Dj-performances, live music shows and À la carte Restaurants you will have a unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyage Turkbuku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyage Turkbuku Hotel Turkbuku / Golturkbuku
- Hotel Voyage Bodrum Village
- Voyage Bodrum Village Hotel
- Voyage Turkbuku Turkey/Golturkbuku