“A must !”

China Town Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in Gumbet
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have been to gumbet twice and the 2 holidays we were there we have had to go to china town for a few meals. They are amazing , the waiters pay so much attention to you and then een remembered us from last year, the good is great quality and you are well looked after . I definitely recommend this restaurant x

There are newer reviews for China Town Restaurant

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was so impressed eating at china town. The chef served you his food which I thought was lovely. He made jokes with the carrots - you can probably guess! Added a bit of fun for the meal. Resonable prices and very friendly funny bubbly staff. Spoke very good English for the Turkish and recommended some lovely food for us. It was very much fine dining. Not to much pushing for you to eat there. And you can change your English pounds at a very good rate. Highly recommend it!! :)

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This is the best food in town staff are excellent couldn't be more helpful I ate 6 times here in 2 weeks a full 3 course and couple of drinks for 2 ppl and it came to roughly £40 that's a bargain. Also try there chicken curry and for dessert chocolate cheesecake best I've ever eaten. ❤️

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I travelled to Turkey with a group of friends for a week in early June. Out of all the restaurants that we breezed throughout our holiday, China Town was undoubtedly one of the best.

The staff were absolutely wonderful, particularly for their outstanding service and willingness to engage with us in small talk and consequently feel like valued customers. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name but if he reads this - my thanks to the guy who happily discussed the X-Men movies and Hugh Jackman with me! Hopefully, you'll know who you are!

The best deal that we enjoyed came from this restaurant. On top of the bargain prices for our main courses, we were given free taster portions of their ice cream, fruit and even sheesh (hookah).

The restaurant also allowed us to watch one of England's warm-up games for the Brazil FIFA World Cup on their big screen. Music remained the background melody so that guests who were less interested in the football could continue to enjoy their own experience.

We had a minor hiccup when almost all of us ordered a Lamb Sheesh Kebab and the waiter misheard one of the group and thought that a Lamb Shank had been ordered. While it was unfortunate that the friend involved waited a little longer for his dinner, he was not charged extra for the error and given a free beer for his extra waiting time.

May I thank Alfie Moon who sold this restaurant to us while we were walking around the streets of Gumbet on afternoon and for leading the staff so brilliantly in serving our table. Alfie and his tram delivered on all of their promises.

The main reason that we did not eat at this restaurant again during our week in Turkey was that we simply proffered eating our meals right on the beach.... like on the the sand! And so we spent our final nights at restaurants along the waterfront. That said, the location of China Town was still fantastic for us because it was very close to our hotel, The Green House Apartments, as well as the nightclubs and, of course, the beach. China Town was situated nicely between these three hotspots.

It is u likely that I will visit Turkey again for a while because I try to avoid going to the same place twice. However, I would gladly lead friends and family into China Town restaurant if we ever ended up wondering around Gumbet once more.

1  Thank Dean P
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spent 11 nights all inclusive in Gumbet & visited this restaurant on 4 occasions!! Lovely food and reasonable prices, thanks Alfie!!