“Pervert receptionist”

Ozukara Apartments
Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
“Pervert receptionist”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel often and have always been very happy, but this year there is a bew receptionist who is creepy and very rude. On my second night there he was calling my room at 5am and then came banging on my door. On my 4th night there he tryed to come to my room again. On my 5th night as i left for a night out he made rude sleazy comments about not meeting anyone because he wanted it to be just me and him that night. After i declined him, he became very rude and unhelpful. He wouldnt even let a female english friend in at 9pm for 1 drink in my room, yet, the previous night i watched him let an unbooked male in, and also during that week he let 2 prostitutes and thier clients use rooms there. Just heard that last night he let an outside couple pay to use a room solely for sex. In my estimation he is comletely lowering the tone of the hotel and i am considering looking for somewhere new to stay in september as are most of the other people i met whilst there this time. Also, there is a new pool bar man who is also very rude. Wouldnt even help my friends make 1 call to order food because he wanted them to buy from him instead, even though they explained they didnt like the food there and had spent almost 400lira at his bar in 2 days. He hounded for money for the drinks even if u had just a fanta, you had to pay straight away even if u were booked in for another week but his friends would use the pool and pay later or not at all for there drinks. He smashed a dish that fellow guests had brought to feed 3 small kittens, and he also over charged my friend for food and then verbally abused here when she questioned him. if you tell pther guests what hes like he gets angry, and he also gets confromtational if you dont visit the bar he works in during the evening or if you book trips through anyone else. Very greedy and fake man. Greedy greedy!!!!!! This hotel needs to look at who they employe as there reputation will be totally ruined by these 2 employees!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Kelly S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited Ozukara apartments arriving 18th May 2014. First impressions contradicted a few negative comments about this place. The only issue we had was that there were three of us travelling and the apartment only had two beds but then we were advised that the sofa doubled as another bed, slight hic-cup but no problems. The apartments were very clean, towels changed as and when required and maid service about three times a week. Staff very friendly but proximity to the town may have caused a young family a few problems with the noise from the discos and bars but the apartments were ideally suited for our party. We had no issues with any of the staff but be prepared to haggle for everything....even meals in the adjoining restaurant. Top tips....buy wine and beer from the supermarket next to the apartments, a lot cheaper than paying bar prices. 2ltr bottle of white wine (KUP) 28 lira..happy days. No issues with security. Curly the pool bar man is a star...ask him to walk on his hands!!!! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will return next year

Room Tip: We stayed in room 105. Some noise from the road and clubs but not really an issue.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
hull
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on 19th May for a week and might as well not of come!! was ants all over the place, bed sheets only changed once when i was there! It was my first time to Gumbet as I usually stay marmaris!

We went to brothers bar most nights, and the staff put their drinks onto our bills!!

Two days before i was due to go home, I had money stolen out of my safe (500 lira) & my purse was stolen with £60 in it, and my bank card too!! I had reported this to the police and they turned round and said its not possible for anyone to do this as we dont have spare key, and they were very rude, especially when i asked for them to call police so i could report it so i could claim it on my insurance but they didnt want to know!! So i started arguging with the manager there!
When we arrived we was told we needed to pay £20 but we got it back at the end of the holiday!
The shower was horrible, it only had cold water coming out of it, no hot water

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ab9547
Gumbet, Turkey
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Have been coming to Gumbet last 10 years previously staying in hotels. Decidex to move here permanently lastJuly ( 2013 ) and stayed here for 4 weeks. Recently refurbished good sized modern apartment. Nice kitchen bathroom lounge bedroom and terrace. Would I stay again, YES...............of course I would. Good central location for a good price. Have read re iews about bad staff....sorry can't agree. Still meet cleaner passing in street and still greets us nicely despite being turkish. With hindsight wish I stayed here rather than in hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Pleasant stay. It wasn't really busy which was how I liked it. Pool was small compared to the apartments available.
Wifi is really bad! Had to stand in the balcony to get a Connection
Staff here didn't speak any English.
So asking for towels or a double sheet instead of single provided was HUGE problem. On day of check out manager was rude! Staff made mistake on informing us about check out! but manager would not admit it!
He became very argumentative!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shazyb1

Travellers are raving about these Gumbet hotels

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The apartment was clean, our stay was pleasent. Charged £35 for air con.
Biggest problem here was that the staff do not speak english apart from the manager who was very rude. Manager would not admit to his staffs mistakes. On day of check out, manager was arguing! Tip: as a hotel guest, it is advertised you receive 10% discount in their resturent but the restaurant manager refuses to offer this even when you show him the leaflet. You have to argue this aswell.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Asad K
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in these apts many times since 2001 and have to say renovation is great. Lovely clean modern apartments with a playground for kids. Reception were great and sorted a dr for my lil one when she was ill. Would be staying here in june but it was fully booked. Cant say enough on these apts, love them.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family