“Absoloutely fab returning again this year!”
Review of Shark Club

Shark Club
Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absoloutely fab returning again this year!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a little late review as we visited club shark in July 2013. However I have absoloutely no idea how people are moaning about this place. Its extremely clean (cleaners were in the rooms twice a day and they were always immaculate) on the first night we were a bit drunk and managed to get kebab sauce all over the walls and sheets haha when we returned to the room at tweleve for a bottle of water all the sheets were changed and the room was sparkling again we were so shocked!

The food I agree is not great however edible and its not something that should be marked down for considering the price that people to stay here!

Bar street is absoloutely mint! We went down there every night the locals are so friendly as everyone knows there is an interpretation about the men in Turkey however you probably get hassled more by the english men haha! Also if you fancy going out for food one night go to Soho its down on the beach its so nice food cooked in front of you and possibly one of the best steaks ive ever tasted and my friend had mixed grill which looked amazing! It is a bit pricey but so worth it sitting on the beach watching the sunset before the night out!

All staff at club shark were very helpful big shout out to Ozzy who was brilliant with us I also saw a review down below mine and if you just ask one of the guys they give you the wifi password as I was able to facetime my family back in England every night which was lovely!

There is sooooooooooo much more I can talk about however I would be here all day! Im returning this summer and cant wait!
See you guys soooon x

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank katie j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Hotel was clean, yet staff couldn't speak well English so when we had a problem with our safe the staff could not understand. Money exchange in the hotel was great. I found that most of the staff was always hungover, definitely a drinking holiday as there is shops. Clubs and that's it. The staff in the shops wanted way too much money for their copy merchandise and they were very rude, 2 males even followed us back to the town which was very scary. Entertainment was really poor. Food consisted off the same for 7nights, meatballs for lunch then left over meatballs for dinner covered in some sauce. Do not recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amy N
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel is basic probably 2 star at the very best the food was awful the staff were always asking for things from guests for an AI hotel allegedly 4star we were very disgruntled would not recommend to anyone only one person on bar all night food was chicken or meatballs every lunchtime and dinner time or some nondescript salad leaves

Room Tip: Ask for a room on sun terrace
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank graham r
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Very clean and quite modern. Rooms are nice reminded me of Ikea so could be worse. The guests made it for me though, because the pool is quite compact I found everyone talked to everyone. Entertainment was OK when you have had a couple of drinks which as people have said its a pain you can only get one after a certain time. Bar street was ok , a group of us including me and my mother went to purchase something from a shop tried to haggle and was called dirty gypsey English bast***s we went back the night after and other shop owners seemed ashamed and they appoligised ! Any way back to hotel, food was edible and if you love chicken this is the place for you. There was poor desert choice and for breckfast couldn't beat the windmill ! Overall I wouldn't say it wasn't built for children there is a lot more suitable hotels in Gumbet for children and food poor. I am happy with my holiday and would probably return with friends

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

stopped in the shark club 10-17 of october 2013. was a short transfer from airport (around an hour) and was spotless.

is up a slight hill so if difuclutly walking dont book.

just of the main bar strip with all the clubs.bars and shops but can not here any of the noise.

hotel is imaculate. cleaners are cleaning all day inside and out even wash all the sun bed covers daily which surprised me.]

me and my girlfriend(early 20's) had a double room over looking the pool small balcony but was enough to stand out on and was perfect to watchthe entertainment nightly.

we went all inclusive only downside was it was only local drinks included ie beer vodka etc any other drinks were at a charge :(

food was same every day rice chicken and something off a bbq such as kebab or chicken wings. breakfast and luch werent to our liking so just stayed away during the day. many restaurants in the town anyway and a mcdonalds as you come into gumbet. try the windmill across the road for a breakfast 6tl and it is brilliant. plus sitting in top of a windmill overlooking the sea eating a breakfast is great way to start the day.

shopping in town was brilliant came back with some bargins, be careful though make sure you know what your buying some is just cheap tat and haggle dotn just take 1st price really haggle with them.
went on a boat trip for day also booked through a rep that came to the hotel was around 100tl each (35english) and for that was out all day food and drink included pick up and drop off at hotel and 5 stops on boat where can swim also takes you to camel island (10tl) to ride a camel cant say no to that.

we missed our transfer on way back so be careful to check and double check time else is around 200tl in taxi to airport bit of a mad rush)

only downside to holiday was the male receptionist was one of the most arigent people i have met he was so un helpful and obnoxious and the food werrent brilliant.

was 1st time in turkey and are going back in may for my birthday (5* this time though)

would reccomend the sharkclulb clean comfortable and a great base for a holiday

Room Tip: ask for rooms on top floor private terrace (lift up and down to pool) anyway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boylan1992
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed at the Club Shark for a week with my daughter in October 2013. We had a lovely week there was not a cloud in the sky the whole week. Club Shark Hotel is very clean, staff are very polite and helpful. The bedrooms are spotless. Food was good. Great location for getting about. Overall we had a great holiday. This is my second stay here this year and I will be back again soon. Dorothy from Edinburgh.

Room Tip: The terrace rooms around the pool are the best.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank portrosie
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

myself and my partner stayed for 12 days in October.
The best thing about the hotel was how lovely and clean it was, there were al ways staff cleaning the pool ares and toilets. restaurant was spotless and rooms cleaned to a very high standard.
The rooms are lovely, modern, spacious and had everything we needed, a few more hangers would've come in handy.
I honestly can't understand why people are complaining about the food....there was plenty on offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner. if you want English food, stay in England. For what works out at the equivalent of £20 per night for a room, 3 meals a day and unlimited drinks I'm not surprised there was chicken on the menu most days.
The restaurant staff were all very pleasant, not all could speak English but always had smiles on their faces and were very efficient.
The pool area is nice, partially shaded and pool cold but it was October.
my biggest complaint about this hotel would be the moaning, rude guests! apart from them we enjoyed our holiday thoroughly.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Melissa N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Royal Asarlik Beach
Royal Asarlik Beach
#8 of 99 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,439 reviews

Been to Shark Club? Share your experiences!