Shark Club
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Karaca Hotel(Gumbet)
  • Room Service
All reviewschickenturkish bathbar streetbar staffturkeysaladpeters placeair connext yearmodern roomsburger and chipsclean hotelall inclusive drinkswater pologreat holidayfresh towels every dayevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at Shark with my fiancé, and could not have asked for a better time. The rooms are clean and changed frequently, comfy and private and give great views depending on what floor you're on. We were initially a bit shy and kept to ourselves but Kelly and Sergio, the entertainment team, were top notch! They made it so easy to join in with the activities and introduced us to other people we had things in common with. The staff are so polite and happy to help, the food is great but not very varied but a good few restaurants within walking distance serve great food for reasonable prices. A five star holiday!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ricky B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I arrived back home early hours of yesterday, after spending a week at Shark Club with my other half, and what a brilliant week it was! On arrival we were checked in quickly, and received good quality service. The hotel itself was spotless, couldn't fault it one bit on cleanliness, room's were bigger than I'd thought, very modern with load's of room. Breakfast was hit, and miss, but you could always find something, same as lunch, and dinner. The staff in the restaurant are a credit to the hotel, so friendly, always smiling after working long hours, they kept up the high standard of service through-out the week, that we received on day one. However there is thing's that I was't happy with, the main one being the bloke that I believe was head of entertainment. I was sunbathing watching the other half playing dart's with my headphones in, and he decided to make another guest chuck me in the pool against my will. I said no, and the young lady felt pressured to do it, so we approached him, and tried to push him in, but he pushed the other girl aside, and chucked me in the pool WITH my Ipod still on my person, my face was like thunder, and luckily my Ipod still work's, but that really annoyed me! I know of another family that had a running with the same bloke...horrible man, doesn't know when to stop. Also if you like the sun all day then your fine, but if you like getting out of the sun for a while, then you'll struggle, because there is absolutely no shade around the pool area so the only way of getting out of the sun for shade is by going up to your room which isn't ideal. There is brollies around the pool, but they only cover your head so they're pretty useless. I wouldn't hesitate to come back next year, but the lack of shade, the poor entertainment and horrible bloke need to be sorted because that really did create a problem through-out the week, made me feel very uncomfortable. However apart from that the hotel was brilliant, staff friendly all apart from one, and I'd tell anyone looking at a holiday in Turkey about this hotel, it was brilliant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 597Jenny
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Where to start!....
Food just awful, can't make a meal and no variety but if you like chicken nuggets your in luck.

Bar staff rude, reception don't speak good English, restaurant staff are the only ones who are nice.

Entertainment staff.... Kelly was lovely, she will sit and have a chat with you, gets you to join in with activities if you want. Sergio is such a rude rude man, never leaves you alone. Doesn't take no as an answer and always grabbing you. swearing, smoking and just a mess! He made me want to book to plane home, just terrible.

Drinks are all watered down, alcohol choice is crap whisky, vodka, brandy, gin, beer and wine like acid!
Cocktails well bring your money as these are not free.

The room, this was clean with enough room. The bed was uncomfortable with scratching tea towel like covers. Electric didn't work after being there 10mins, which isn't great seeing as it was the early hours of the morning we got to the hotel.
The bed sheets were not changed ever, even when the cleaners came to clean the room!!

The pool was clean and big enough no problems there.

Would I go back? That's a big fat NO!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank okn87
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is lovely, food was very nice although not much variety. Overall it's was a lovely place, the only thing that would stop me returning is the chief of entertainment is the nastiest person I've ever met. He ruined a lot of nights out for me and my friends and made us feel very uncomfortable when sat by the pool. I would love to return next year to shark hotel but it would put me off going for that reason especially being young girls it was not nice at times. However everything else was great and another member of the entertainment team, kelly, completely made our holiday was it was, she took such good genuine care of us and every guest there and became a friend. Any young people thinking of going although I would recommend staying well away from the chief but you're guaranteed the best time while Kelly's there. Hotel was clean, beds very comfortable and the area is perfect for partying.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MichaelaSalmon
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Helllo..
Myself & partner stayed at the shark hotel for a week.
Soon as we arrived we knew we were gonna enjoy it.. they were so welcoming, took our bags up to our room. (Didnt look for a tip as we seen a few comments of that on the facebook review page) Room was very clean morning till night they were constantly cleaning. Also painting keeping things white.. was a bit of a black mark at the bar they sharp painted over it,there very proud of the place.. It was comfortable.. all up to date - Moden. Food was great, bit of everything so i dont know what all the fuss was about! Great shops round, Night life up bar street is fab too! We went a few nights with the entertainment reps. Kelly is lovely lass. She'l help anyone if she can. i noticed she speaks to everyone that arrives- So friendly. She makes time for everyone. She took us along to the beach. We were unsure were it was. Also on a night time 11pm they go down to the clubs Kelly is willing to take us back so we got back safe & sound. Bet many dont do that. Shes a keeper 'Shark hotel' On the otherhand theres a guy called Sergio hes far to pushy towards people.. rude at times too! He wasnt to us mind, but another young couple we were sitting with that were English. He says to them 'you english' they said yes and smiled. He said back 'you sure you not chinise' they looked confused.. He then said 'you ask your mum and dad.. then pulled his eyes back so they were slanty! i found that shocking! Part him id defo recommend this hotel.. We went on a boat trip people were complaining of how dirty there hotel was, so i guess we hit real lucky. How ever theres nothing for children if they had a park in there premises or softplay id rate this hotel a 5 star.. for now defo a 4 :) They also have a photo shop. Me & my partner had our photos done they were cheap! 1OTL per picy. Thanks for having us :-)

Room Tip: Third floor :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple