“Worth a visit”
Review of Shark Club

Shark Club
Ranked #7 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having been to gumbet 5 years ago,we decided to come back and stay all inclusive. Hotel itself is really nice. Decent room size,lovely powerful shower and all very modern. The inclusive air con was a massive bonus. The balconies are unusual to anywhere else iv been. Ours was so small we could barely stand out let alone sit and we had a view of a high wall.however I didn't mind this so much as it felt private,we could of moved but other rooms has shared balconies so decided we would stay put.
The rooms,restaurant,and pool area were kept very clean throughout our whole stay. Few games being played in the pool. Plenty of sun loungers and seating. On site shop which is handy.
Not a great hotel for children but for couples,friends and teenagers it's great. Bar street is 2 min away although it's a massive eye opener for anyone who doesn't really like bars and clubs. Very busy, very noisy with the odd bit of trouble. I enjoyed the atmosphere but if I was a young girl I'd be petrified.
I quite enjoyed the food at the hotel. I always found something to eat and the salad was plentiful . I'm not fussy eater but Maybe if I was I'd struggle but what was there was tasty.
Lots of nice restaurants just outside the hotel so if ever stuck there are other cheap options.
Try the turkish bath within shark club, very friendly and a good price. Look for Attila once there as he will sort u out with information.
I would return to this hotel next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank laurenSouthampton

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is rated as 4 star in Turkey although it is definitely 3 stars. All the staff are happy to help in the hotel, the rooms are modern and up to date. They are also cleaned to a high standard. The food is average and slightly different every day. It is majority frozen. At 3 pm there are burgers available if your hungry, they are not great quality. There is a mix of nationalities staying at the hotel mainly English, Polish and Turkish. All up for relaxing round the pool, playing a bit of water polo and having a few drinks at night. The main strip with late night bars is just around the corner and is a great night out. Its sooo close but you cant hear the loud music from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luke R
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and fiancé have never been to gumbet the hotel is amazing with extreamly friendly and helpful staff that will do anything for you. There are lots of sun loungers and tables to eat and drink at but there is nothing for children aged below 14 or so. Very close to the beach with lots of clubs and restaurants near by. Drinks are very good on the all inclusive food is tasty but very similar each day. Would defiantly recommend we will be back 2015 x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tristen P
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I visited this hotel for two weeks in 2013 and so it may seem a little strange to write a review now but I have only just got a trip advisor account and it's important that I thank shark club hotel for the amazing stay that we had here in Turkey,

We made so many friends with the bar staff, restraint staff and hotel reps Kelly and Serina and Charlie (however from looking at the other reviews it seems that serina and Charlie is no longer there). Hotel was perfect as the rooms were modern and clean, pool area was big and the pool was lovely. Food was good but we are not fussy!

Had some great nights out with the other guests and reps and have some unforgettable moments that my family and I will forever look back on. Really felt like we were part of the shark club family. Two of the hotel members took me and my friend who came on holiday with my family on their mopeds to show us the amazing views in Turkey. It just shows how the staff personalise their service to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves. Kelly was hilarious and helped us to settle in quickly.

I hope that we return again however it may not be the same as last year!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jemma J
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just back from a week all inclusive with my best friend. Had such a great stay considering how much we paid! We flew in very late so didn't arrive at the hotel until 3 am but was a quick check in and we were taken to our rooms. Depending where you are in the resort, it could potentially be quite noisy from bar street but only very little!!

Good points: Firstly the hotel is very very clean! The rooms are spotless, fresh towels every day, air con is good! The location is also very good! 2 min walk from bar street and then a 10 min walk to beach. The bus to bodrum is also just down hill from hotel which is really good. The staff are also very efficient and friendly and always try to help you.

However although this is all inclusive I do love my food!! I'm not a fussy eater so I was just eating loads of rice and chicken which is pretty much all they have and some turkey, occasionally fish. I wouldn't complain about food, it's just that there isn't a huge variety! It just gets a bit repetitive as week goes on! Omelettes for breakfast so I really enjoy breakfast. Also burger and chips in afternoon after lunch as a snack! Drinks also are watered down and the one drink after 10 pm is really inconvenient. Don't agree it should be in place. Was also really looking forward to some nice cocktails but you have to pay for them which was a bit of a disappointment.

The negatives however I wouldn't let over shadow my holiday as I met some great people and everyone was so friendly, it feels safe, and a variety of people there. Overall an excellent holiday and would definitely considering going back if I got it as cheap as we did. for what you pay it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lornamac8
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I agree with every word that Emmanpaul 2012 stated. We arrived at 10.30 after travelling all day. There were two diabetics in our party who needed to eat quickly, there was no available food told to go out or order from local takeaway(supposedly all inclusive.) . Reception staff on arrival spoke little English and tried to make a joke of situation. Not good first impression. Room was spacious and cleanliness was excellent. Cleaners worked really hard. Location not bad, Dificulty in sleeping due to high level of noise, awoken every night by people screaming, shouting and laughing this went on until 5.30 am. Food when available was not good. all inclusive was a a joke. If you like a alcoholic drink do not stay here as definately wattered down and if you were at war the rations would be more generous, The staff were frightened to give you more than 10mls of vodka at a time and thats with ice in it. The staff were friendly but seemed scared of managment who were rude and not very helpful. After 10.00 only one drink per person at a time. They seem to have forgotten that you have already paid for this in the price of your holiday. I did not want to get drunk every day, but I would have liked that to be my choice not theres.
Entertainment wow whats that. The entertainment was really poor if not non existant. The entertainment team manager was too busy taking young people to local bars in order to gain his 10% profit at least that was my impression. I would not go to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christina P
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just come back from 10 days at this hotel. It was amazing and staff are so so friendly. We were originally meant to be staying at a different hotel but we got relocated due to building works at the other hotel. We are so happy that we got relocated as Shark hotel was brilliant. It is a brilliant location, right outside of the shopping/clubbing strip. Bodrum is only 5 minutes away too....
You dont hear any of the clubbing music at night when you are trying to sleep. Sergio the entertainer is brilliant, we had an amazing time - he had us in stitches. If you have a sense of humour you will love him. Mehmet the manager makes every chance to speak and greet all customers, and if there is anything wrong he sorts it out straight away (there was no toilet roll a couple of times in the pool toilet and within 10 seconds it was sorted). Food is brilliant, they do different food every day. What more do you want for a break away? Rooms are clean and the air con is amazing after a hot day in the sun!!
There are lots of beds around the pool, we always managed to find one in the morning. The bar is open all day till 11am, the staff behind the bar are quick at serving, and have a laugh with you.
Honestly you must stay in this hotel it is brilliant!
We hope to return soon!