“Friendly helpful staff, good food, modern rooms”
Review of Shark Club

Shark Club
Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Gumbet
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Friendly helpful staff, good food, modern rooms”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Group of 5 girls in early twenties stayed here early July 2014 for a well deserved break with the hope of a few nights out too. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and showed us to our rooms and explained as much as possible when we arrived. Pool was big enough for the amount of people staying and could always find sunbeds (in the shade too as couple of us needed them!). Food was always cooked properly and presented well, heard a few people complaining about the food not being what they liked but you can't go to turkey and expect english food - the food was tasty and there was plenty of it so for the price we paid I dont think you can complain. Only downside is it gets fairly repetitive so we ate out a couple of nights but this was down to personal choice and you really wouldnt need to do that. Drinks included in all inclusive were vodka, gin, beer and after 11 you pay but the fishbowls were really strong so we took advantage of these! very close to the beach and the free shuttle is great to take you down. at night the hotel is in a perfect location for all bars etc - so close without actually being on bar street. All in all a great holiday and a great hotel - wouldnt hesitate in recommending it to anybody.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Last year I went to this hotel for the first time and it's fair to say I was happy to rebook it for this year with no disappointments! Rooms are cleaned everyday with fresh towels everyday! Shower is so powerful it's amazing after a long day of sunbathing! Staff are always happy to help and I was glad they were as when I fell ill they were making me tea and other remedies to try and help me get better, Memhet who is a manger in the hotel is always so helpful and kind! Lovely man who speaks to everyone. Nevzat and Ilker who run the shop and photograph area are amazing and so friendly glad I got to meet them. Can't wait to rebook and already looking at going back in September! Thanks Shark and all the animation team for making it a holiday to remember! X

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Ch4rliebr0wn21
southampton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having been to gumbet 5 years ago,we decided to come back and stay all inclusive. Hotel itself is really nice. Decent room size,lovely powerful shower and all very modern. The inclusive air con was a massive bonus. The balconies are unusual to anywhere else iv been. Ours was so small we could barely stand out let alone sit and we had a view of a high wall.however I didn't mind this so much as it felt private,we could of moved but other rooms has shared balconies so decided we would stay put.
The rooms,restaurant,and pool area were kept very clean throughout our whole stay. Few games being played in the pool. Plenty of sun loungers and seating. On site shop which is handy.
Not a great hotel for children but for couples,friends and teenagers it's great. Bar street is 2 min away although it's a massive eye opener for anyone who doesn't really like bars and clubs. Very busy, very noisy with the odd bit of trouble. I enjoyed the atmosphere but if I was a young girl I'd be petrified.
I quite enjoyed the food at the hotel. I always found something to eat and the salad was plentiful . I'm not fussy eater but Maybe if I was I'd struggle but what was there was tasty.
Lots of nice restaurants just outside the hotel so if ever stuck there are other cheap options.
Try the turkish bath within shark club, very friendly and a good price. Look for Attila once there as he will sort u out with information.
I would return to this hotel next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank laurenSouthampton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is rated as 4 star in Turkey although it is definitely 3 stars. All the staff are happy to help in the hotel, the rooms are modern and up to date. They are also cleaned to a high standard. The food is average and slightly different every day. It is majority frozen. At 3 pm there are burgers available if your hungry, they are not great quality. There is a mix of nationalities staying at the hotel mainly English, Polish and Turkish. All up for relaxing round the pool, playing a bit of water polo and having a few drinks at night. The main strip with late night bars is just around the corner and is a great night out. Its sooo close but you cant hear the loud music from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Luke R
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and fiancé have never been to gumbet the hotel is amazing with extreamly friendly and helpful staff that will do anything for you. There are lots of sun loungers and tables to eat and drink at but there is nothing for children aged below 14 or so. Very close to the beach with lots of clubs and restaurants near by. Drinks are very good on the all inclusive food is tasty but very similar each day. Would defiantly recommend we will be back 2015 x

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tristen P
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I visited this hotel for two weeks in 2013 and so it may seem a little strange to write a review now but I have only just got a trip advisor account and it's important that I thank shark club hotel for the amazing stay that we had here in Turkey,

We made so many friends with the bar staff, restraint staff and hotel reps Kelly and Serina and Charlie (however from looking at the other reviews it seems that serina and Charlie is no longer there). Hotel was perfect as the rooms were modern and clean, pool area was big and the pool was lovely. Food was good but we are not fussy!

Had some great nights out with the other guests and reps and have some unforgettable moments that my family and I will forever look back on. Really felt like we were part of the shark club family. Two of the hotel members took me and my friend who came on holiday with my family on their mopeds to show us the amazing views in Turkey. It just shows how the staff personalise their service to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves. Kelly was hilarious and helped us to settle in quickly.

I hope that we return again however it may not be the same as last year!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jemma J
Edinburgh
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just back from a week all inclusive with my best friend. Had such a great stay considering how much we paid! We flew in very late so didn't arrive at the hotel until 3 am but was a quick check in and we were taken to our rooms. Depending where you are in the resort, it could potentially be quite noisy from bar street but only very little!!

Good points: Firstly the hotel is very very clean! The rooms are spotless, fresh towels every day, air con is good! The location is also very good! 2 min walk from bar street and then a 10 min walk to beach. The bus to bodrum is also just down hill from hotel which is really good. The staff are also very efficient and friendly and always try to help you.

However although this is all inclusive I do love my food!! I'm not a fussy eater so I was just eating loads of rice and chicken which is pretty much all they have and some turkey, occasionally fish. I wouldn't complain about food, it's just that there isn't a huge variety! It just gets a bit repetitive as week goes on! Omelettes for breakfast so I really enjoy breakfast. Also burger and chips in afternoon after lunch as a snack! Drinks also are watered down and the one drink after 10 pm is really inconvenient. Don't agree it should be in place. Was also really looking forward to some nice cocktails but you have to pay for them which was a bit of a disappointment.

The negatives however I wouldn't let over shadow my holiday as I met some great people and everyone was so friendly, it feels safe, and a variety of people there. Overall an excellent holiday and would definitely considering going back if I got it as cheap as we did. for what you pay it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Lornamac8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Tropicana Beach Hotel
Royal Asarlik Beach
Royal Asarlik Beach
#9 of 99 in Gumbet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,436 reviews

Been to Shark Club? Share your experiences!