“Amazing 2 week holiday”

Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Gumbet
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing 2 week holiday”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and i decided to try this hotel instead of the previous hotel we used to stay in and i will never stay in the previous hotel again it will be back here all the time now. location is not bad not far from the beach and the town or even get a bus into Bodrum. The reception staff especially Alp Gungor was very helpful. Food was good im not going to lie and say it was á la carte but dining area was maintained tidy and clean and smart chefs in their chefs uniforms. Our room was good had sea view room and our housekeeper Gúkgen she was lovely our room was spotless everyday. Hotel and grounds were kept clean and tidy. I cannot fault anything wrong with this holiday. I have already booked for 2015 cannot wait to return had such amazing time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BODRUM_PARK, General Manager at Bodrum Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a constructive review. Detailed reviews like yours are always very helpful for us and for the guests who look forward to travelling to Bodrum Beach Resort in the future. Your compliments will be passed on to the team and will be highly appreciated. Once again we thank you for your valuable time taken to post the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bodrum Beach Resort.

Our hospitality always begins with a smile and finishes with gaining new friends.

With kindest regards,

Fikret Malkoç

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've just come back from two weeks in the Bodrum Beach resort with 3 mates, whilst we thought the hotel was okay I don't think we'd go back. We arrived at the hotel late evening and the reception staff were very good, friendly and helpful getting everyone a drink (which was a nice touch).

From reception the only way to your roomis via 2 sets of awkward fairly steep steps, one of my mates has a knackered leg, I had to take his case. I'll bet some people have come a cropper on them!! The hotel needs to have a decent lift installed.

Once you've managed to get down the stairs you'll find the rooms are a decent enough size, we had a really excellent shower and a fridge that worked keeping our Effes nice and cold. It did take 4 days to get replacement bath towels, 4 days to get any hand towels at all and 6 days to get the beach towels we should've had on arrival but hey the staff on reception were extremely nice when we complained...All the rooms have wee balconies ours on the ground floor had a nice view of a wee bit garden, a brick wall and ants making their way to and from their nest, David Attenborough would love it. We were happy enough tho. I would advise people try and get rooms off the ground floor.

The FOOD, the hotel caters for many nationalities and I thought the food was generally okay but I am easily pleased and will eat owt, but a couple of my mates aren't and after three days of cold soup for dinner we tried some of the local restaurants. I reckon most Brits will be like my mates and won't be impressed. The omelettes at breaky were fab.... :)

The main pool is a really good size and there are plenty of sun loungers, what lets the main pool area down is the constant boom boom boom of house music played by the entertainment team,, I wanted to relax and chill out I don't mind listening to music from Russia, Germany or Mars as long as its relaxing music. If I wanted to listen to the crap they were playing I would go to the nigh club the entertainment team were selling to the guests (quiet a few people mentioned this to me). I could still hear the boom boom boom wih my own headphones on!! The slides in the main pool area are excellent with four or five shuts to choose from, unfortunately this was the main entertainment for kids and a few people mentioned there was nowt else for the kids to do, I did think there would be some kind of kids club but nah.

You get the usual sales stuff round the pool Turkish Bath which I enjoyed, Boat Trips - didn't do, Barbers my shave was excellent my mate got cut and restaurants out side the hotel, Jasmin Garden (will do a separate review) Sunday dinner wasn't good.

There is another pool in the hotel which is called the relax pool, to get there is a bit of a hike round the complex, I would have gone here to escape the boom boom boom the pool was lush but the facilities weren't as good as the main pool.

Eventing entertainment - I didn't see any, I think there was a Turkish night and a disco..now't for kids.

Eeee it sounds like I have whinged on a bit but I did have a good holiday mainly because I'm easily pleased. However. if you have trouble with stairs or iffy legs, if you have children and you want them to be entertained during the day, or if you want to chill out, relax and unwind next to a lovely pool this hotel is not for you :(

I have seen the manager replies to Trip advisor reports which did impress me - your staff are excellent and the resort could be excellent but the people who do the entertainment should entertain and do more to get guests involved. boom boom boom that's all folks.

Room Tip: Anywhere up a height, off the ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hentoon61
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with the wider travelling community about your recent stay at our resort. We are however saddened to hear that you were not satisfied with some aspects of your stay with us. Your comments have been passed on to the management team and we open the invitation to you to return to us one day to see the improvements.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review.

Best regards,

Fikret MALKOÇ
Reviewed 20 May 2014

for an all inclusive hotel there should have been more entertainment (CATERED MORE FOR THE TURKISH PEOPLE) food was,nt great but i,m quite fussy. location is great next to beach, hotel room was fantastic but think we were given wrong room as room catered for 6 and there was only 2 of us. would,nt recommend for young children as they will get bored very easy. Bar staff were ok sometimes but if a pretty younger than 25 girl was at bar you had no chance of getting served or if you were turkish but holiday was cheap so not all that bad, Ozzie and Salami will keep you entertained. Weather was great but at night much cooler but expected that in May, would go back to Gumbet again but as this is my second time there all inclusive would defo go self catering next time. Found a great restaurant Millenniem very reasonable and all day breakfast was great and serving Yorkshire tea lol.

Room Tip: ask for a good room when you arrive, thats what I did and must have hit the jackpot
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BODRUM_PARK, Front Office Manager at Bodrum Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 March 2015
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others about your recent stay at our resort. However, it was a shame to find out now that you were not pleased with some aspects of our services during your stay with us. Please know that your comments were shared with the management team for improving our services.
We sincerely hope that we will have the honour of welcoming you back to Bodrum Beach Resort in the not too distant future.
Kind Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to this hotel about a week ago and loved it !!! The staff are so nice and its so clean the hotel. The pool was great. Had a issue with our first room we was staying in because we had no view but the bottom of the relaxing pool which we wasn't to happy about but sorted it out and got moved to a different room and it was great !!! Love every moment. The food was good, staff are great and the food area is clean, and in the morning when your at breakfast you have to try the Pancake they are fit, a must try. There wasn't a lot of English people staying there but they were nice anyways cause everyone is friendly, people do try and push in at the bar but the staff have your back in that place and if you were there first they will serve you first.
And you are only a 5 minute walk to Gumbet Bar Street which is a great night life, all the party places start at about 11 and don't close until 4 in the morning great night out.
And its only a bus away from Bodrum and it only takes 10 minute and probs 5 minutes in a taxi and probs cause the same price.
And there is also another beach which is called Bitz which is also and 10/20 minute taxi if you wanted a quiet beach.
Gumbet beach is really nice and they have water sports on there and many food places which are really nice if you didn't wanna eat at the hotel, everything is right next to you.
Music was great as well, up to date with it all now. And the watersides are great and fun for all ages. but if you go before the 25th of May the Waterpark in Bodrum is closed.
But has I said it was great and we loved it :)

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share with others here on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us.

It is with great pleasure that we read how much you loved our hotel and its services and amenities. We always take great pride in providing the best possible holiday experience for all our guests and we are all very much pleased to hear that we achieved it for you all.
On behalf of all the staff at Bodrum Beach Resort, thank you once again for your comments
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel early Sept 2013. There are lots of steps no matter where your room is you've got steps. There's no lifts. Food was a bit repetitive. Adult pool was good but when we were on sun terrace at the pool they chose to hose down the area at 10am while people were on sun beds. Rooms cleaned ok and there's a kettle in the room but that's it no tea or coffee not very good for A/Inclusive. There's no free wifi but if your room is the other side of the road it hooks up onto the Palm Resort's free. A couple we met there wanted 2 extra pillows and asked 3 times they never appeared.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests;

On behalf of the Bodrum Beach Team I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us with the wider travelling community here on Trip Advisor.

It is important for us to know how we can improve our services for the future. All comments about rooms,cleaning,food,services are seriously taken into consideration and would like to assure you that your comments will be passed onto the senior management team for consideration.
We hope that we do have the chance to welcome you back once again. The doors will always be open and it will be an honour to welcome you once again.
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 17 May 2014

If you want to have decent holidays, choose Bodrum Beach Resort. Food was excellent, very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel doesn't have its own beach. Great location, hotel is close to Bodrum city center.

1 Thank SauliusSun
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review of your recent stay with us.We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we will pass on your comments to our staff and managers as an encouragement, as it is also what we do need!
We are pleased to hear that we have met all your expectations and that you had a very nice holiday time with us.
oldham
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Resort ok, not the best in Turkey, in my opinion. Don’t even think about it if you have any mobility issues. Both resort and hotel have some very steep climbs. Beach was fairly rubbish but I don’t know if it actually belongs to the hotel or not, there are no signs saying it does and it is not actually attached to the hotel, nor is it private. Name of the hotel suggests it does.

Hotel, average. Only thing to recommend it really is the staff, from the cleaners to the restaurant and bar staff. All very friendly, especially if you try a bit of Turkish, hello, please and thank you never go amiss, neither does a small tip for which you will usually receive better service, i.e. drinks brought to your table etc.

We e-mailed about a week before going requesting a room on the hotel side of the main road as my daughter is recovering from surgery, no reply and guess what, not only were we on the wrong side of the road but then also on the top floor, with no lifts. We immediately went back to reception, turned midnight by this time, to be told the hotel was absolutely full and no option of another room. We had no choice but to stay that night and come back and see the manager in the morning. That room was absolutely awful, facing the main road and with all the traffic noise we got no sleep. Next day we managed to get a move, still the wrong side of the road, and facing a wall but at least on the ground floor and we got away from the road noise and managed to be able to sleep at nights.
As it turns out another couple had also e-mailed, and so did their travel agent, about a room request because he had had knee surgery, turns out their request was ignored/never received as well.

Our next room was bigger and bed made with fresh towels every day, though apparently this was not the case throughout the hotel.
We stayed by the quiet pool most days and could still hear the music from the other pool, though not too loud, the views were far better, and it should have a full working bar service up and running by now. We ended up serving ourselves to the few choices that were available.

Food was ok, just ok. Saw a few people using the microwave supplied for heating baby food to heat up their own food, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and we didn’t pay a lot. My daughter tried booking us into the a la carte restaurant as a wedding anniversary surprise, only to be told it wasn’t open yet, so can’t comment on the quality of food or service.

All the above must be taken with a view to it being the first week of the season and things may improve. It still surprises me that hotels only seem to start gearing up once guest have already started arriving, instead of a couple of weeks earlier. We had similar issues in Tunisia last year.

Anyway, after quite a long winded review, I personally will not be going back to this hotel or to this resort.

Room Tip: Away from the main road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others about your recent stay at our resort. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. However, it was a shame to find out now that you were not pleased with some aspects of our services during your stay with us. Please know that your comments were shared with the management team for improving our services.
Kind Regards