“Great Holiday and great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bodrum Beach Resort

Bodrum Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Gumbet
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday and great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went to Turkey for the first time and this hotel was a very well presented hotel!
The staff were absolutely amazing, The Animation Archie was just one of the best animation I have met, very good with the children! The waiters were very nice and would make you any drink you wanted!
I would defo go back to this hotel X

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kirsty A
BODRUM_PARK, Front Office Manager at Bodrum Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 March 2015
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share with others here on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us.

It is with great pleasure that we read how much you loved our hotel and its services and amenities. We always take great pride in providing the best possible holiday experience for all our guests and we are all very much pleased to hear that we achieved it for you all.
On behalf of all the staff at Bodrum Beach Resort, thank you once again for your comments
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we booked our Honeymoon at this resort it was a brand new hotel!! 4* when we got there it was only a 3*, the bunk bed was far too high for my 4 year old daughter so we wouldn't allow her to go on the top, we then asked for a baby bed for our 11 month old daughter so our 4yr old could sleep on the bottom bunk, we did not get the baby bed until the 2nd night therefore our baby who had just been on a very long tiring journey had to sleep in her (not very comfy) buggy! The room we were in was a lot smaller than the picture on the Thomson website, the food wasn't up to much. We made the most of our holiday and ate out often and enjoyed our time at the resort. The pool/slides were fun and very clean. Staff were friendly, just a bit of language communication difficulty at times. Tattoo guy was awful and not very polite, harassed me a lot about having a tattoo because I said I would 'think' about it, asking me for a deposit!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa E
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with others about your recent stay at our resort. However, it was a shame to find out now that you were not pleased with some aspects of our services during your stay with us. Please know that your comments were shared with the management team for improving our services.
We sincerely hope that we will have the honour of welcoming you back to Bodrum Beach Resort in the not too distant future.
Kind Regards
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having had a great holiday at this hotel I just had to make sure that everyone knows how good it was. The staff were fantastic, really helpful when we arrived making sure that we were taken to our room and helped with our luggage. The rooms were clean and spacious, we were upgraded to a bigger room which had two bedroom and lovely balcony's looking over the pool to the sea. The special slides pool was obviously a big hit with those that have children although we didn't head in there and relaxed by the main pool. The food was great and far better variety than other hotels I have been to. The Animation at the hotel was really good, not to in your face as other places and a some really good shows in the evening with them looking after the adult and children needs. The location was great - just a short walk into Gumbet and a short taxi ride over the hill to Bodrum. Gumbet had some great bars in the evening that started about 11pm and went on to the early hours but in the hotel you were far enough away that if you didnt want to go to Bar street it was chilled and relaxed. I would end saying the staff are amazing and really made us feel welcomed, they were helpful and informative. Would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Avoca71

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from bodrum beach resort after 10days. We 1st arrived early hours in morning very tired were offered a drink which was nice, had help from staff with our suicases to our room. Room was clean and spacious we were pleased with it. However in the morning we noticed our balcony door was broken and it wouldnt shut properly. Told the reception and they offered us another room which was a bit of a treck but we really couldnt complain on the 1st floor with 2 bedrooms, a bigger bathroom, 2 balconys and over looking the relax pool where you could see the beach and the town fair to say it was definatly a upgrade. Cleaned every day with fresh bed sheets and towels. The pool is a good size and the slides entertained my 5year old all day. Food was okay variety to choose from some nights better than others, they try to do a different theme each night. Turkish and italian were best nights by far. Breakfast was very repetetive pretty much the same every day but still few things to choose from, cerial, hot breakfast, omlette ect. Entertainment was good, mini disco in the eve for the children which my daughter enjoyed, I think it was just kickin off as half term had started, little park to keep them entertained also. Staff are amazing and I think they make the hotel, very very friendly and helpful nothing was ever too much trouble. Turkish bath was lovely! Make sure you haggle prices as you will get it cheaper. Location is good short walk to the town and the beach is 5mins away, local shops down the road. Would definatly recommend this hotel and are planning on returning next year :)

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Emzy25

Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a great time at Gumbet Beach Resort, all the staff were very helpful and could understand us.
Beach less than 2 min walk away with plenty of bars and food places.
Only 10 minutes walk from the centre of Gumbet and bar street.

Only downside is the cleanliness of the rooms, they should clean them more often and give fresh towels and bedding daily.

Overall brilliant two weeks, will go back again

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Valued Guest;
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Bodrum Beach Resort and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.
We would like to thank you for recommending our resort to future travellers to Bodrum and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Our hospitality always begins with a smile and finishes with gaining new friends.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and i decided to try this hotel instead of the previous hotel we used to stay in and i will never stay in the previous hotel again it will be back here all the time now. location is not bad not far from the beach and the town or even get a bus into Bodrum. The reception staff especially Alp Gungor was very helpful. Food was good im not going to lie and say it was á la carte but dining area was maintained tidy and clean and smart chefs in their chefs uniforms. Our room was good had sea view room and our housekeeper Gúkgen she was lovely our room was spotless everyday. Hotel and grounds were kept clean and tidy. I cannot fault anything wrong with this holiday. I have already booked for 2015 cannot wait to return had such amazing time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BODRUM_PARK, General Manager at Bodrum Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a constructive review. Detailed reviews like yours are always very helpful for us and for the guests who look forward to travelling to Bodrum Beach Resort in the future. Your compliments will be passed on to the team and will be highly appreciated. Once again we thank you for your valuable time taken to post the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bodrum Beach Resort.

With kindest regards,

Fikret Malkoç
Newcastle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've just come back from two weeks in the Bodrum Beach resort with 3 mates, whilst we thought the hotel was okay I don't think we'd go back. We arrived at the hotel late evening and the reception staff were very good, friendly and helpful getting everyone a drink (which was a nice touch).

From reception the only way to your roomis via 2 sets of awkward fairly steep steps, one of my mates has a knackered leg, I had to take his case. I'll bet some people have come a cropper on them!! The hotel needs to have a decent lift installed.

Once you've managed to get down the stairs you'll find the rooms are a decent enough size, we had a really excellent shower and a fridge that worked keeping our Effes nice and cold. It did take 4 days to get replacement bath towels, 4 days to get any hand towels at all and 6 days to get the beach towels we should've had on arrival but hey the staff on reception were extremely nice when we complained...All the rooms have wee balconies ours on the ground floor had a nice view of a wee bit garden, a brick wall and ants making their way to and from their nest, David Attenborough would love it. We were happy enough tho. I would advise people try and get rooms off the ground floor.

The FOOD, the hotel caters for many nationalities and I thought the food was generally okay but I am easily pleased and will eat owt, but a couple of my mates aren't and after three days of cold soup for dinner we tried some of the local restaurants. I reckon most Brits will be like my mates and won't be impressed. The omelettes at breaky were fab.... :)

The main pool is a really good size and there are plenty of sun loungers, what lets the main pool area down is the constant boom boom boom of house music played by the entertainment team,, I wanted to relax and chill out I don't mind listening to music from Russia, Germany or Mars as long as its relaxing music. If I wanted to listen to the crap they were playing I would go to the nigh club the entertainment team were selling to the guests (quiet a few people mentioned this to me). I could still hear the boom boom boom wih my own headphones on!! The slides in the main pool area are excellent with four or five shuts to choose from, unfortunately this was the main entertainment for kids and a few people mentioned there was nowt else for the kids to do, I did think there would be some kind of kids club but nah.

You get the usual sales stuff round the pool Turkish Bath which I enjoyed, Boat Trips - didn't do, Barbers my shave was excellent my mate got cut and restaurants out side the hotel, Jasmin Garden (will do a separate review) Sunday dinner wasn't good.

There is another pool in the hotel which is called the relax pool, to get there is a bit of a hike round the complex, I would have gone here to escape the boom boom boom the pool was lush but the facilities weren't as good as the main pool.

Eventing entertainment - I didn't see any, I think there was a Turkish night and a disco..now't for kids.

Eeee it sounds like I have whinged on a bit but I did have a good holiday mainly because I'm easily pleased. However. if you have trouble with stairs or iffy legs, if you have children and you want them to be entertained during the day, or if you want to chill out, relax and unwind next to a lovely pool this hotel is not for you :(

I have seen the manager replies to Trip advisor reports which did impress me - your staff are excellent and the resort could be excellent but the people who do the entertainment should entertain and do more to get guests involved. boom boom boom that's all folks.

Room Tip: Anywhere up a height, off the ground floor