We booked this hotel in April this year fully aware that this was only a 2* hotel and with a good knowledge of turkish hotels (my husband is turkish!).
Dissapointment is not the word. We arrived after a 3 hour delay to be shown to a room that can only be described as thoroughly disgusting! The smell hit you as you entered the room, stale cigarette smoke. The room was filthy and totally neglected (i would have complained if the room was free!!)
We asked to be moved to another room and was put in a room under the swimming pool area. Everytime you came out the room to a smell of sewage. The first night my husband put his suitcase on the floor under the air conditioning unit and it leaked into his suitcase. We reported the fault but it was never fixed.
The food was repetative and fortunately i do not mind Turkish food.
The only drinks they served were cheap soft drink options and cheap beer and vodka, the wine was diluted with water and totally inconsumable!
However 2 days into our stay i suffered the most horrendous stomach ache and was very ill all night and unwell for the next 7 days. It can only have been food poisoning as i have never been ill in Turkey before and my husband was also ill after eating the same food as me.
The only consolation in all this is that the hotel has now closed down. In fact on the 4th day of our holiday whilst we were staying in it!!!
Thomas Cook dealed very efficiently with the situation and their customer servive was outstanding. We were moved to a lovely hotel called Sun Hill and enjoyed the remaining time in Gumbet.
- Also Known As:
- Anka Hotel Gumbet