“We'll be back”

Royal Asarlik Beach
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Just returned this week from our first trip to Turkey, staying at the Royal Asarlik hotel. The hotel has great amenities including spa / turkish bath and the all inclusive really was! The hotel is spotless as are the rooms. Some rooms a little retro but the ones we had did have wonderfull sea views and were cleaned every day. The hotel provided the usuall soap, shampoo etc and the mini bar has fresh water added each day. The pools were clean and the activity team good fun without being pushy. We found all of the staff polite and helpfull with exception of one or two but that didn't spoil our time there. The food was really good, varied daily and loads of choice although some of it could have been hotter. Lots of shops and bars within easy walking distance and Bodrum easy to reach by taxi or local Dolmus. We'll definately be back next year.

Room Tip: Some family rooms dont have a balcony but a very small terrace immedately outside patio door which i...
4  Thank GailM64

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have just returned back from Royal Asarklik and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit Bodrum.

This hotel is sat right near the beach and a great location for food, shops and clubs. It takes less than 20 minutes to hit the Bodrum centre by dolmus for only 3TL.

The hotel rooms are very clean and cleaned on a daily basis, the restaurant is amazing on the 6th floor with a beautiful view and surroundings and I must say the food is the greatest compared to all the other 4-5* holidays I have visited in the past years. There is plenty of choice of food and deserts with a good mix with English & Turkish, catered for everyone.

The only downside would be the reception staffs which seem to ignore people and have no eye contact with people when they speak which doesn’t give a positive and professional attitude at all!

Turkish bath is a MUST, first thing to treat yourself to as soon as you arrive to the hotel, your skin will feel very clean, smooth and fresh and will pick up great tan when you sunbath, full massage by ladies from Bali were so relaxing and face mask was also included in the package.

You will not be disappointed with your stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nehir K
RoyalAsarlikBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Asarlik Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Miss Nehir , thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is important for us to know that our service matched your expectations. Thanks a lot for your kind words about location, food and cleanliness. Your comment about reception team has been shared with Front Office Manager. Please be assured that this is not how we normally demonstrate our culture value as well as Customer Service etiquette. Miss Nehir, once again we would like to thank you for taking the time to write all these nice comments and we are looking forward to pleasure of welcoming you back soon

Warmest regards
Arzu Bıçakcı Yiğit
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Very nice hotel but not 5 star. Reception staff not at all helpful when problems raised. Animations team fantastic, hard working great fun, but not always in your face, which I like.
Rooms a little basic, and no tea, coffee making facilities which I would expect from 5 star.
Bar staff very friendly, food the best buffet food I have ever been served. The Al-a -carte
restaurants also very good, But as a book on the day facility, it would be better if the days these were not opening were announced in advance. Tried to book Italian on 3 occasions only to be told it was closed.
Only other complaint was lateness that the rooms were cleaned, sometimes not until 17.30hrs at that time I am usually back in my room having my Siesta!!!!

5  Thank chrisF01
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Let me start by saying after reading many reviews on tripadvisor, I went on a family holiday to this hotel prepared for all sorts, but because i went with an open mind thankfully and made my own opinions, it turned out the be one of the best family holidays we have ever had. It was the first time we have done an all inclusive and our first time in Turkey, I would most definitely go back to this hotel and do all inclusive again. I strongly recommend that if you go to this hotel, you go with the same frame of mind as I did. Considering my family ages range between 3 and 42 and there was 9 of us. This hotel was fully equipped and capable of catering for us all. The food was of a high standard which catered for many different nationalities which this hotel does seem to attract. The chefs obviously try their hardest to cater for all these different nationalities and yes sometimes the English food does not taste like it does back home, but come on, what do you expect when you 2500 miles from home. Considering there are 5/6 different places to eat in the hotel, your options are varied. The only one down side i can say about the food was the kiddies corner, yes they catered a small amounts for the kids, but if you didn't get there for 7.30, all the adults would take the food and it wasn't replaced. This is not a complaint about the hotel, but a complaint to all those greedy adults, who had many other choices to pick from The staff at this hotel work very hard and long hours, but are always willing to help when you need it. They keep the hotel very clean and to a high standard at all times picking up after those people who can't even be bothered to find the nearest bin, usually right next to them. During our stay at this hotel, we made many friends with the staff and yes if you do this, it can make your stay more enjoyable. (PS a tip here or there does not hurt anyone) If staying at this hotel, make sure you take full advantage of the watersports right on the hotels very own private beach. Be sure to look out for a man called Hasan who works for the watersports team. He is very helpful and not at all pushy, advising you if you need. They also do a very good boat trip which we really recommend. I also highly recommend the pool bar, the staff here were of the up most highest standard, not mentioning any names Hakan and Sercan. They couldn't do any more for you, very funny and very entertaining. Talking of entertaining, the entertainment team at this hotel were absolutely fantastic with my entire family. They tried their hardest to please everyone, and like first mentioned with so many nationalities this cannot be easy yet they seem to carry out their days work with a smile. Big thanks to Mete, Baris, Erkan, Tuba, Faks, Aysel and Umit, keep up the good work!

3  Thank Gazza171
Reviewed 8 September 2012

i've just returned from the Royal Asarlik after an amazing week. After reading some of the other reviews, I cannot believe some of these people have stayed in the same hotel as me.

The staff at this hotel have to be some of the nicest people at any hotel i have ever been to, even when the staff were treated with some disrespect, which was quite evident by some of the other holiday makers, they still carried out their job and duties to the best of their abilities with a smile on their face. Myself and other holiday makers, who were friendly and polite to them were treated like royalty and could do no wrong. Many others and I have made a lot of new friends including those that worked their. Some people writing the other reviews need to open their eyes and realise just how long the staff work everyday for very little pay only having 4 days off a month if that. The entertain team were also very friendly and put a lot of effort into their job always offering a friendly smile and knowing when and how to talk to the guests, putting in long hours always with a smile and positive attitude. If you do stay at this hotel, do yourselves a favour and get to know the entertainers, once they know you are there to have a good time, they will go out of there way to make sure you do. Also at this hotel, there is an opportunity to take full advantage of the wide variety of watersports and a very decent price (just remember to bargain). On my first day I was approached by a man called Hassan who sells the watersports at the hotel. I found this man not at all pushy and when I explained I wasnt sure what activities to do, he was more than happy to leave me alone and wait for me to approach him a few days later. I have read many reviews about the food, not being English enough. I did not go to Turkey to eat English food. Saying this, the hotel did offer English food but as an International hotel, there was food from all over world available. The hotel did their best to please everyone with 6 different places to eat, I never went hungry. If people want to eat English food on holiday, maybe they should stay at home. Overall this hotel, staff, entertainment team and food were of a very high standard making mine and many others stay there one of our best holidays ever and we will certainly be returning at some stage.

I would like to say a big thank you all the staff, naming a few; Hakan and Sercan (pool bar) Hasan (watersports) Aysel, Tuba, Erkan, Mete and Barrish (entertainment team) and all the other staff at the hotel for making my holiday so great.

5  Thank Sam W
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This was our 7th visit to Turkey and we weren't expecting 7* luxury -

however if this hotel had been half the price - it would have been more acceptable but for the price we paid (£1,400 each) - definitely not worth the money. I have to say - the food was good on the whole - although spolt by the fact that you weren't shown to a table so you have to go to the buffet one at a time or risk coming back to find your table occupied by someone else!! Also spoilt by not enough cutlery, plates etc - half the time was spent searching for these before you could eat your food.One waiter - Hasan - was superb - he was about the only one - chances of being served a drink with your meal was minimal. Meal times were not enjoyable and we did eat out on a number of occasions. For that money, I don't expect to have to get my own coffee or cheap diluting orange juice from a vending machine at meal times. Like a bad school canteen.

A la carte restaurants - don't bother - no-one I know had a good word to say about any of them. One couple who had a disabled son ate at the Italian one night and couldn't get a high chair or a plate of chips for their young lad. Waiters just kept saying they didn't have any. She had to go 6 floors up herself to the main restaurant and bring them back down.

Drinks were really bad - we don't drink often but like to enjoy it when we do - the spirits served are really rough and like paint stripper. I didn't see any international brands for sale - we stuck to soft drinks in the hotel. Felt sorry for the barman at the pool bar - he was usually on his own and worked really hard. The main bar on the roof top is also where main meals are served - we stopped going there after 2 nights of having to sit at a table which still had plates and pieces of food all over it.

Superior rooms are anything but superior. Cleaner came in every day but only bed tidied up and towels folded. Bathroom sink was never cleaned and toilet bin was not emptied every day either.

Animation team are superb - they work really hard and were great fun. Something for everyone, if you wanted to join in.

Gumbet is a resort for the bar/club folk and we knew this when we booked - but the Asarlik is far enough away from the "bar streets" to be quiet at night.

Views from hotel restaurant couldn't be better.

Tip
Don't touch the so called beautician in the hotel hairdresser - I had a manicure and pedicure - wish I hadn't - got a rough file - one coat of cheap polish on each nail - no base/top coat - was a complete mess. Heard the Spa was similar but in fairness, I didn't try that myself - I figured the standard was set with the manicure!!

Room Tip: Superior rooms don't all have sea views so be careful when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This has to have been one of the best holidays i've ever been on. Turkey is a beautiful country and the views you get from this hotel definitely show you that. The Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel is an amazing place to stay if you're thinking about going to Turkey. It's clean, well looked after, the staff are polite and friendly always offering you help, the entertainment team are also fantastic! They work so hard throughout the day to talk to everyone and make sure everyone is having a good time and enjoying themselves. The entertainment in the evening is also great because not only are you enjoying it you can tell the entertainment staff are as well! You'll find a fair few of the staff do speak English, for example Hakan the barman for the pool bar speaks fluent English and is extremely good at his job! Always interacting with you and the other guests whilst doing his job.

However, one of my highlights of this holiday has to be the water sports that are offered. One man in particular stood out when it comes to this, Hasan who runs the water sports works very hard to ensure his customers are happy and enjoy the water sports and the boat trips he offers. He most definitely made my holiday, non stop making me laugh and supplying the whole family and friends we made with fun. Not one fault about him or the other staff that run the water sports.

I highly recommend doing any of the excursions they are great fun and there is a large variety. My favourites had to be the boat trip offered by Hasan, which is a beautiful and well worth day out. Then the jeep safari which takes you into the mountains! So much fun for all, we had a brilliant driver called Mustafa who was fluent in English and definitely made my day with all his jokes and banter.

Overall, I had the most brilliant holiday, with the hotel offering a wide variety of food even being a fussy vegetarian, i always found something nice to have for dinner! The pancakes in the morning were so nice! The hotel definitely deserves it's 5 stars and i would come back again and again. It almost felt like home :-)

UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

7  Thank Elishia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Luvi Hotel
#3 of 101 in Gumbet
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#8 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Royal Asarlik Beach? Share your experiences!