“Amazing!”

Royal Asarlik Beach
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Gumbet
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my first time in Turkey and my boyfriends first time abroad and I am completely sold.
I came with 8 other people for a family holiday and everyone loved it. We met some amazing people working for the hotel, Hasan arranged our boat trip and always came over to see how we were and say hello. The boat was amazing, all inclusive of drinks and food which tasted amazing. Would recommend finding Hasan and going on his boat to anyone looking for a great day out.

I have not seen a complex like this before, so many bars and food available 24/7.
My only issue was with the shops/bars outside the complex and being hounded by people trying to get you into their shop/bar. After a few shops we took the side street back to the complex and stayed there. The bars/shops just outside the complex were much better and was able to look around without to much upselling.

We had 4 rooms between us (10 people in total) and each had lovely clean rooms and the maids were great, always made sure the room was clean and tidy and made sure we had clean towels and bed sheets. They even created a love heart and flower with the bedsheets, they looked gorgeous, didn't want to get in bed and ruin them!!

We got there before the season started so the entertainment started half way through our holiday, even without the entertainment the bar staff were great and kept out cocktail glasses full all night (LOTS of spirits in the cocktails haha)

My boyfriend and I have even talked about moving to Turkey one day because we had such an amazing holiday and my sister in-law is talking about coming back to Royal Asarlik in 2 years to get married.

I read some bad reviews on here before I went and was worried about what to expect, all I can say is, if this place isn't good enough for you, you need to pull the stick out of your *** because the place is amazing. Everything from the gorgeous views to the amazing staff who can't do enough for you, if your thinking of going here, please please do, you will not regret it.

Couple of tips, a lovely man called Andy comes around the hotel offering a night at his restaurant, he provides a taxi or mini bus both ways and when we asked him to get a cake for one of our party, he got a cake came out with her age in fire, they made a really big deal of it and it was lovely. Its very nice food and well worth the price but it wasn't a cheap night.

Avoid the photographer. He rips you off, trying to charge one of the woman in our party £180 for a set of photos we didn't even want and he takes pictures of the kids every day without asking or letting us know he is doing it. He fussed over the 3 year old girl in our party asking for kisses etc and it was just a bit uncomfortable to be honest. We had to ask him to leave her alone after a few days.

If you go outside of the reception onto the main road, go down to the bottom and then left, go down a few bars, past the bar with all the pink seats you will come to a bar called the beach Cafe I believe, they do a gorgeous breakfast which includes bacon and sausage for about £4. Its well worth it and the owner/manager is lovely.

Room Tip: Avoid the photographer for the hotel, he rips you off and constantly take pictures of the children w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank nataleewatson
RoyalAsarlikBeach, Yönetici at Royal Asarlik Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear valued Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for writing your opinion Assessment in Holidaycheck and for spending your time. It's nice to read that you and your boyfriend enjoy the Holiday. It was our pleasure to welcome and spoil you at our Hotel.
We wish you all the best for the future and a healthy year.
Hope to see and welcome you again, to make your wishes true.

Sunny regards,

There are newer reviews for Royal Asarlik Beach

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My partner and I are both 23 and just wanted a sun holiday in the sun. It was my first time to Turkey and first time in an all inclusive so I was very nervous- I have no idea why. It was the best holiday!
We could not fault the food, there was something for everyone. 4 al a carte restaurants and you can eat at each one once by booking that morning. The Italian was one of the best meals we've ever had! We usually ate all meals at the panorama restaurant on the top floor which has the most incredible view! Even up there with the buffet there was something for everyone and I can't see how anyone could fault the food.
There are no hidden costs in any food or drinks at this hotel which is brilliant, the bar staff were amazing and all cocktails are free too.
Our room was faultless, on holiday we don't spend long in the room but it was always cleaned and bottle water put in fridge. We had a balcony that faced inwards to the hotel and other balconies but it was all still very private. All areas in the hotel were constantly spotless! There was always staff around cleaning, serving and helping- lovely!
We did a lot of shopping in gumbet but did visit bodrum (which is beautiful) but everything is double the price there so best buying it in gumbet.
We walked back from bodrum which is a bit of a trek but lovely views when you get to the top.
Our holiday was booked through jet2 and our rep Lisa gave us some great tips on shopping, Turkish baths and things to do, she was amazing and we took all of her advise.
The best bit about royal asarlik is easily the staff. They are the best staff I've ever known on holiday, all ridiculously friendly and helpful. The restaurant staff were faultless and all so friendly. However, the people that really made the holiday for us were the entertainment team- Ozgen, Aslan, Helen and Victoria. Absolute credit to the hotel. They had everyone laughing throughout the day and the entertainment at night was brilliant- live bands, Chinese acrobats, Russian dancers, and competitions. They really made the holiday for us and everyone else there loved them.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. Brilliant, we will be going back again for sure! And I'd recommend that if you, visit Hassan and Edi at the hotels water sports centre as we booked the boat trip which was a fantastic day out and also the parasailing through them which was an amazing experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fay-louise n

Dear Mrs. Fay-Louise,

Thanks for the motivating words of your review, we are very pleased. Also we would like to thank you for writing this review and the time you have spend for it.

We are very happty to welcome you again at the next holiday in our Hotel,it will be a pleasure for us to spoil you once again.
Much greetings from Royal Asarlık Beach Family.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at The Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel from Sat 24th May 2014 to Sat 31st May 2014.
The hotel is very clean & welcoming.
Staff are all excellent, nothing is too much trouble.
Our party consisted of 7 adults and 3 children, ages raged from 3yrs to 60yrs.
The spa facilities are second to none.
We went to the Italian night and the Chinese night, my 3yr old daughter loved the Chinese acrobats.
We did all enjoy the food, there was a wide variety to choice from.
The pools are all great and the beach a few steps away.
We will all be going back. and I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms, all were very good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mariageorgina

Dear Mrs. Maria Georgina,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and concerns on your recent stay.

We are pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We value every single experience and opinion of our valuable guests.We have taken note of your constructive feedback and appreciate it truly as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Asarlık Beach.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

hi this is our 7 year at this great hotel hence back again on june 16 all staff are great from bell boys to hasan who is great if you have any problems ... food is great don't know why people complain we are fussy eaters and find the food lovely only thing is you need to take a size bigger in clothing for week 2.the hotel is lovely and clean.the entertainment staff are great.carnt wait to see what changes they have this year they are allways for the better loved the hot dog stand last year.i would recommend this hotel as 5 star to anybody .we go as a family with our teenage daughter she has been going here since she was 8 and wont go anywere else she loves it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sgriffiths186337
RoyalAsarlikBeach, Manager at Royal Asarlik Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear valued Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion at Tripadvisor an d for beeing our Guest the 7th time.
We are also very proud and happy to welcome you again in our Hotel which is your second home in Turkey.It is also our pleasure that we can experience how your daughter grew up.
We believe that it will be a surprise for you to see the changed ares and diffrent points in our Resort, above all our new Restauarnt with its great view.

We await you with excitement and look forward to welcome you for the 8.th time back in Bodrum.
With warm regards and much greetings from us all.

ROYAL ASARLIK MANAGEMENT

Reviewed 26 May 2014

OMG on returning to the Asarlik on our 9th visit we found the hotel excellent bar staff and waiters excellent, but suddenly on our 3rd day of a weeks stay, I can only say it was an invasion of 200 students from Istanbul this caused many problems from mealtimes when they were allowed to move all the tables together this meant walking round them to get your food, we had to queue up for about 20 minuets to get our meals, with all the students pushing in to join their friends the also caused a problem in the lifts where they were travelling up and down joining friends on different floors, we were informed this would be the same in june, so I doubt we will be going back its such a pity as go in may to avoid school children. (retired couple)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RoyalAsarlikBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Asarlik Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you had chosen to spend another holiday with us and it is nice to note that you had enjoyed your overall stay the 9th time. However we are very sorry to learn you were disturbed by students while you are on holiday. We would like you to know that this is not a regular situation , 19 May is a public holiday in Turkey, which was on Monday this year , so connected to the weekend. Please contact us before your holiday plan so we can give you information to your mind bending questions . Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for giving us a chance to explain the situation as it is always gratifying to receive feedback from our regular guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the nearest future.

Kind regards,
Arzu Bıçakcı Yiğit
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We actually travelled in sept 2012
I've thought long and hard about whether to post this review and had it taken down once and have rewritten it, as I am still in shock with what happened while staying at this hotel.
We have been to Turkey Many times but nothing could have prepared us for what happened.

On the whole this hotel is quite nice and has good and bad points.

Good
Pretty Gardens, its on the beach, it near to the night life, the food is acceptable to quite nice, some staff are really nice like at the bottom bar, they will also make an effort if you are celebrating and the rooms are ok especially if your in the main hotel with a sea view, the sea view is lovely in a morning, you can get a drink at a number of bars and there are a lot of places to sunbath.

Not so good
The hotel was once 2 hotels and therefore has a funny layout, balconies are very close together in sea view rooms, some rooms overlook a central courtyard and look directly into another guests room opposite and people said there was a sound of dripping water all night which kept them awake, some of the waiters can be rude or learing and annoying and this was something that happened often. The drinks in the late bar were watered down and we discovered one night that the white Rum was filled with tap water (which we took to the manager and complained!) this is not only unpleasent as a drink but a hazzard to your health and many people got diarrea as a result.

However nothing was as bad as our experience on the third night.

The previous night we had met a few people who shared a table with us as it was busy, a lovely couple who had arrived the same night as us and we had spoken to before and at the pool and two girls (sisters) who had, as far as i can remember arrived that day who were younger than us (one 19 and one 24 if my memory serves me right, who I won't name and can only tell our version of events).
We all sat together for drinks and actually ate a meal together before the girls decided to go into Gumbets night life, I remember the girls saying a waiter had been bothering them and had approached them the night before at a bar in Gumbet but i hadnt really thought much more about it. The 4 of us (2 couples) remained we had a few more drinks and retired for the night and went to bed. I was awoken by the phone at around 2am by the younger sister who was hysterical and said her sister had got into in a white VW caddy van, they were coming back to the hotel by taxi and she was feeling unwell so got out feeling sick and the van had pulled up, she told me later she recognised one of the men and felt safe to get in, it was at this point the second man had got out to get in the back and the driver pulled her in, pushed away the others and had driven off with her and she was missing for around three hours, the sister who called us was understandably beside herself and we, as anyone would went to reception with her to report it, the hotel were dreadful and refused to report it at first, I was so shocked they had seen her taken and had a description of the Turkish men in it and the make and model of the vehicle!

Our worst fears came true, the elder sister was brought back and dumped around the corner from the hotel, I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw her staggering down towards the hotel, her clothes were torn from her body, she had marks all over her, I was so shocked, she was holding some of her clothes in her hand and a dirty mans football shirt had been placed on her inside-out and back-to-front very smelly, dirty and stained with you-know-what....
Please please take care if you are going on bar street to take care of yourself and your friends you are not at home!
The hotel finally realising this was serious called the Thomson Rep and the police, the poor girl was screaming and crying and could not bear any Turkish males anywhere near her, due to her dignity being compromised I asked the reception to provide a blanket to cover her up which took around 30 mins to materialise (too long!!!) and we waited with her for around another 30 mins for the Thomson people to come. Once they got there I expected them to take over and allow us to go back to bed, this didnt happen they listened to some details and then instructed us to go to the dreadful hospital (the details are too horrific to share) and police station and one of them simply went back to bed, I was so shocked, we were not even offered a drink of water all night and we were in a deep state of shock by what we had witnessed. We were up all night dealing with all this and then just told to go back to the hotel in the morning from the middle of Bodrum with no idea where we were and no money on us as we thought we were just going to reception to help report the incident, it was a living nightmare that I will never forget.
My issue is with the hotel for not taking better care of the hotel guests despite a clear need for help in a native country and Thomson (to whome we made a complaint) for leaving us to deal with this when we only met them the day before and leaving us stranded in Bodrum.
PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL YOUR NOT AT HOME AND I WOULD NOT WISH THE GIRLS EXPERIENCE OR OURS ON ANYONE
We were so traumatised by our experience we could not stay and left the following day, we've been all over the world but I have never seen such disregard for peoples feelings and dignity as happened here, I also think the girl this happened too was spared some of her memories as she was under the influence and hopefully unable to recall just how terribly and horrifically they treat English tourist in Turkish State hospitals and police stations it was appauling.
I have delibrately left out details that some readers may find disturbing or that could be seen as heresay, this is a true story and our version of events.
Please add any further information from your own experiences to help keep young Brits safe in Turkey as I had no idea this sort of thing happened there.
Stay Safe x

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SalandNeil
RoyalAsarlikBeach, Manager at Royal Asarlik Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

As you have already mentioned in your review, our hotel has taken care of this matter and informed the Jandarmarie.
These and similar incidents happen all over the World also not only in Bodrum. Royal Asarlık Beach Hotel and Management is not responsible for incidents outside of the Hotel and Hotel Area.
For such incidents own Families should be responsibel for there own kids, Tripsadvisor is also not the right page to teach how to protect own children or young Girls. It should be better ,not to allow to spend more time outside ,in an Area where Nightlife is well known.
We hope that this does not happen to you again and to take more care for the young Family memenbers

Kind regards,
Royal Asarlık Beach Management

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We've been here for 8 times and we love this hotel. Nice and clean rooms, pools, seaview, food, entertainment, nice staff, everything is nearby. It's very comfortable and the staff is very nice, they always do their best to meet your requests, from the moment you enter the hotel till the moment you leave. Once you enter the hotel at the reception you will meet Ismail who has been working there for many years, he always helps out and is very nice. They will move your luggage to the rooms once you leave the bus. The rooms are very nice, clean and tidy, very comfortable. It's a very professional hotel and they think of everything, so you will enjoy every second. The animation team is different every year, but they always make sure they hire the right people for the right job. So far I haven't found another hotel in Bodrum area with all the benefits that Royal Asarlik has, so we keep coming back here every year and we are always sad to leave. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to all kinds of people. It's a pity that spoiled people are the onces complaining, because this hotel definitely is one of the best in Bodrum.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old building are more peaceful, but the rooms in the main building are larger and more...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank anous15
RoyalAsarlikBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Asarlik Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure to welcome you here again in Royal Asarlık Beach Hotel. We are delighted to read that you have indeed enjoyed your holiday 8th time. Many thanks for your great feedback ,Seeing our guests to return is the best reward for us. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards
Arzu Bıçakcı Yiğit
Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gumbet
Luvi Hotel
#1 of 97 in Bodrum City
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
Parkim Ayaz Hotel
#8 of 97 in Bodrum City

Been to Royal Asarlik Beach? Share your experiences!