This was my first time in Turkey and my boyfriends first time abroad and I am completely sold.
I came with 8 other people for a family holiday and everyone loved it. We met some amazing people working for the hotel, Hasan arranged our boat trip and always came over to see how we were and say hello. The boat was amazing, all inclusive of drinks and food which tasted amazing. Would recommend finding Hasan and going on his boat to anyone looking for a great day out.
I have not seen a complex like this before, so many bars and food available 24/7.
My only issue was with the shops/bars outside the complex and being hounded by people trying to get you into their shop/bar. After a few shops we took the side street back to the complex and stayed there. The bars/shops just outside the complex were much better and was able to look around without to much upselling.
We had 4 rooms between us (10 people in total) and each had lovely clean rooms and the maids were great, always made sure the room was clean and tidy and made sure we had clean towels and bed sheets. They even created a love heart and flower with the bedsheets, they looked gorgeous, didn't want to get in bed and ruin them!!
We got there before the season started so the entertainment started half way through our holiday, even without the entertainment the bar staff were great and kept out cocktail glasses full all night (LOTS of spirits in the cocktails haha)
My boyfriend and I have even talked about moving to Turkey one day because we had such an amazing holiday and my sister in-law is talking about coming back to Royal Asarlik in 2 years to get married.
I read some bad reviews on here before I went and was worried about what to expect, all I can say is, if this place isn't good enough for you, you need to pull the stick out of your *** because the place is amazing. Everything from the gorgeous views to the amazing staff who can't do enough for you, if your thinking of going here, please please do, you will not regret it.
Couple of tips, a lovely man called Andy comes around the hotel offering a night at his restaurant, he provides a taxi or mini bus both ways and when we asked him to get a cake for one of our party, he got a cake came out with her age in fire, they made a really big deal of it and it was lovely. Its very nice food and well worth the price but it wasn't a cheap night.
Avoid the photographer. He rips you off, trying to charge one of the woman in our party £180 for a set of photos we didn't even want and he takes pictures of the kids every day without asking or letting us know he is doing it. He fussed over the 3 year old girl in our party asking for kisses etc and it was just a bit uncomfortable to be honest. We had to ask him to leave her alone after a few days.
If you go outside of the reception onto the main road, go down to the bottom and then left, go down a few bars, past the bar with all the pink seats you will come to a bar called the beach Cafe I believe, they do a gorgeous breakfast which includes bacon and sausage for about £4. Its well worth it and the owner/manager is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet