Stayed here from 29th May 2014 for a week.
We arrived late and were given our room, and told that although dinner was over, there was soup in the restaurant, and sandwiches at the Marine bar from 1 am.
The soup was barely warm and the bread stale. We then went to the marine bar, had a drink, never saw the sandwiches on that night.
The room was lovely, 1415 in the main building, but unfortunately the noise from some bars nearby made sleeping difficult. We asked for a room move and we were quickly dealt with, and given another room which was lovely, and much quieter. We found the room to be lovely and it was refreshing to have 7 english speaking channels, 1 of which was a good movie channel.
The hotel itself was lovely, private beaches and we never once had a problem getting a sun lounger at the pool or the beach which was great.
Some of the staff were great, especially Hasun in the panorama restaurant, who always greeted us with a smile, and nothing was too much trouble for him. However some of the staff never looked the road we were on and didnt offer us drinks which we had to get ourselves.
We found the food to be more catered for the Turkish on the week we were there and struggled some nights to get something, and there was not a lot of choice as the hot food area is quite small, and salads there was only 2 choices of cold meat, which we feel let the hotel down. Having said that the desserts were good as was the patissierie during the day, and the snacks which were made fresh to order.
We didnt really enjoy the entertainment, and found the disco played turkish music for the first 2 hours which left ourselves and some others who were not Turkish left out as we didnt know the dances. As we were leaving the restaurant was being decorated with Turkish balloons and waiters were wearing Turkish t shirts so perhaps this was a Turkey holiday period
One thing you dont expect at a five star hotel is to be harrassed every day to have a boat trip, a massage or a photo taken which was really annoying, also certain people were allowed in to tout for business which again shouldnt be allowed, we were going to book some of these but due to the constant pressure we never bothered, a shame really.
Another issue was getting a late check out. We tried to book this in advance, were not allowed to, and on day of departure, before breakfast, we were told they woulg give us another room, but they would give us another room. 75 turkish lire. we had to pack there and then, at 7am to take the room as reception wouldnt give us the room key until we had handed the other one back, so as we didnt want to lose the room we packed and moved. Later i found out the prices seemed to vary from person to person and no receipt was given. Just another small niggle.
All in all, we had a good holiday but this hotel, given it caters for many nationalities could be so much better, but has all the ingredients to be great!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet