We booked a holiday at the Royal Asarlik Hotel 18th of June for a week booked at short notice the Friday before. Having been to Turkey 7 times we were quiet choosey what we wanted the reviews looked good on this hotel. It was a choice of one of our favourites World of Wonders Gumbet where we have been 3 times before or somewhere new we opted to try somewhere new. We arrived late on the day due to flight delays etc. The check in was prompt and easy good start .We had read before that most flights arrive late so you miss your 1st evening meal and that sandwiches are provided. It came to pass there were sandwiches!!! Wrapped up in cling film on the side of the bar downstairs, not really nice at all, the kind you might see in a working man’s club. You would be better popping out across the road for a kebab.
The room was clean, spacious well laid out with a safe (you have to pay for that ) and nice we were in room 1124 I think 1st floor at the front of the hotel, it was so noisy that we went straight down stairs and asked to move. We were moved so that was nice. The hotel was to a good standard clean modern looking right on the beach, plenty of sun beds etc.
The main restaurant was on the top floor with indoor and open terrace area also. The views were really nice from there, what we found was that the evening it was hard to get a table there never seem to be any staff really focusing on that side of the service it was pretty much each man for himself. It felt like hard work at times not what you might expect from a 4* plus hotel. The food was good lots of choice even for the most picky of person.
The main bar area by the reception wasn't cosy, like some places we have stayed at it was very functional with a television on the wall but not inviting where you would want to sit and chat for the night. There were some other couches behind the stairs and lift but it was quiet dark around there and out the way.
There were two maim pool areas 1 noisy and partyish and the other more sedate and family orientated both were nice. The entertainment staff didn’t have a uniform just their own clothes so looked like random strangers with no name badges etc. inviting you to join into things. (If I had kids I would have worried)
We ate in the Chinese restaurant one night the food was ok not really Chinese the portion was tiny starters two tiny spring rolls we asked for more and was told NO that’s it felt a bit like Oliver Twist ! We laughed it off and then went to main restaurant.
The beach area was small and compact there were two areas of beach, great location for water sports and just people watching while catching the rays.
The hotel was ideal for the town! It meant we could literally cross the road and go to other restaurants and pubs so we did on several occasions. We also went into Bodrum by the marina where there were lots of shops and bars the taxi was about £6.
Overall we would give the hotel 7/10 the reason for that are some staff never smiled and didn’t seem friendly, there 4 four staff I saw in the hotel who were also happy the others wasn’t.
Service wasn’t quiet on the mark in getting seated in the restaurant and getting drink brought to you! It may seem petty but it’s the little things that can make the difference. Don’t get me wrong I would go back but it wouldn’t be my first choice, if staying in the area again I would go back to the World of Wonder next door
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of " away from noise but close to the fun " it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. Royal Asarlik Beach is a modern built seaside hotel overlooking Gumbet Beach, 3 km away from Bodrum city center and 35 km away from airport. With the belief of "away from noise but close to the fun" it is waiting to fulfill the guests' holiday expectations. 7 Days a week the animation team will liven up the guests' holiday with daytime activities, shows, competitions, sketches and special themed show night. 4-12 Aged mini club is waiting their children. Water sport possibility on the beach. The guests will definitely find something fitting to their enjoy. In a 6 story main building there are 353 rooms. Modern and classic style decorated rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, safe box, direct dial telephone, hair dryer, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Asarlik Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Asarlik Beach Gumbet
- Asarlik Beach Hotel
- Royal Asarlik Beach Hotel Gumbet